Author Topic: Energy Shots?  (Read 2816 times)

dread_the_shred

• Getbig I
Energy Shots?
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »
Hi all, kind of new to the whole forum thing.  Had a question though, I've found drinking coffee to be really helpful for pre-workouts, but sometimes coffee is just a little too acidic for me. (And I've also heard coffee stains teeth, so I'm trying to stay away.)  I've also taken quite a liking to some energy products, such as the energy shots you see at gas stations and GNC and the like.  Does anyone else find these super convenient?  I particularly like one brand, Eternal Energy.  Found it for less than a buck at Wally World, thought that was a lot better deal than some of the other prices I saw and plus it didn't taste like citric acid in a bottle.  I've looked up the ingredients and I think these little shots are a much healthier alternative than energy drinks, they don't have the sugar content and the portions are small but they still have a good kick.

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody had tried these products and found them successful. Thoughts?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Energy Shots?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
The last energy "shot" I used was the ABB brand. I think many companies offer comparable ones now - no sugar, but lots of (probably underdosed or useless) other ingredients. The caffeine is primarily what matters, and is what you actually feel working.

Speaking of "feeling," some manufacturers have taken to adding beta alanine to their formula, which provides a niacin-like tingle. People, for the most part, are fairly simple creatures who desire instant results. While it takes months to see the results of the protein supplements you consume to help build muscle, the effects of pre-workout products are noticed immediately.
Even a simple caffeine rush is adequate to satisfy many people enough that they will continue using a product. Add some tingly skin, and now it's Harry Potter-type shit!

Shots are convenient. Many cost less than a cup of good coffee. About the only benefit you'll get from them is the caffeine push. If that's all you need, then you're good to go.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
I love these.  For a buck, you can't go wrong.  They taste good too.

:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »
I love these.  For a buck, you can't go wrong.  They taste good too.

Where do you buy them?
How much caffeine is in them?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
http://www.vitasprings.com/stacker-2-xtra-energy-shot-12-nve.html

back in my youth i may have tried them...

but i'd never put filth like that i this temple anymore

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 07:25:37 PM »
Lately, if I'm unable to grab my first choice of coffee, I simply take a 200mg caffeine tablet pre-workout. I always carry a few with me.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
i cut out caffeine and all other stimulants completely...

my only indulgence these days is an occasional guinness or glass of merlot... or a joint once in a while...

i don't even have cheat days for food

dread_the_shred

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 05:56:48 AM »
The last energy "shot" I used was the ABB brand. I think many companies offer comparable ones now - no sugar, but lots of (probably underdosed or useless) other ingredients. The caffeine is primarily what matters, and is what you actually feel working.

Speaking of "feeling," some manufacturers have taken to adding beta alanine to their formula, which provides a niacin-like tingle. People, for the most part, are fairly simple creatures who desire instant results. While it takes months to see the results of the protein supplements you consume to help build muscle, the effects of pre-workout products are noticed immediately.
Even a simple caffeine rush is adequate to satisfy many people enough that they will continue using a product. Add some tingly skin, and now it's Harry Potter-type shit!

Shots are convenient. Many cost less than a cup of good coffee. About the only benefit you'll get from them is the caffeine push. If that's all you need, then you're good to go.

I agree!  It's definitely the "rush" I get in the beginning stage of the workout that causes me to continue using caffeine products like these.  So I think it all gets down to caffeine content.  I simply think these shots are much more convenient than other forms.  Sure, you could take a pill but that seems so boring to me.  Thanks for the thoughts!

On a side note, I've tried the Stackers.  They work great too, but the taste was very hard to get over. I personally found the Eternal energy ones to be much better, hence why I recommended them (they have a few more ingredients as well, could be for placebo effect though).  I think I picked up em up for around 86 cents each

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »

Where do you buy them?
How much caffeine is in them?

Get them at Dollar Tree.

I'll have to get out a magnifying glass to read the small printm but I think it's all B's and taurine.  They have all sorts of varieties.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »
I agree!  It's definitely the "rush" I get in the beginning stage of the workout that causes me to continue using caffeine products like these.  So I think it all gets down to caffeine content.  I simply think these shots are much more convenient than other forms.  Sure, you could take a pill but that seems so boring to me.  Thanks for the thoughts!

On a side note, I've tried the Stackers.  They work great too, but the taste was very hard to get over. I personally found the Eternal energy ones to be much better, hence why I recommended them (they have a few more ingredients as well, could be for placebo effect though).  I think I picked up em up for around 86 cents each

Some of the drinks do provide useful ingredients aside from the caffeine. The bottom line is if you like what it does for you, and enough to justify the price, then it seems like a good choice.

Wisc1983

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 08:15:57 AM »
just take no-Doz pills