Author Topic: Jose Raymond Living the Dream - This makes me want to quit bodybuilding  (Read 49432 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Jose Raymond Living the Dream - This makes me want to quit bodybuilding
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
you look awesome H.  but can you now post some shots while you were on juice? if you were that great clean, you must have been 20 lbs. heavier and leaner when you were on. 

Sad thing is dollars to donuts he wasn't clean there

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
you look awesome H.  but can you now post some shots while you were on juice? if you were that great clean, you must have been 20 lbs. heavier and leaner when you were on. 

That would have been true if I had used the typical bodybuilding amounts and I didn't.
I used various steroids  one at a time, from 1983-86.
For example, I would use 1 shot of decca per week for the last 8 weeks before and show.
That helped me stay on course when in pre contest mode.
I  used 2- shots per week of Winsitrol V ( 3ml per shot). I found this helped get me cut faster but added no mass.
I never combined aka stacked drugs and took the "minimum doseage" similar to my HRT Androgel, I now use.
I am pretty sensible guy and never got any side effects but I never pushed the envelope.

ukjeff

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
That would have been true if I had used the typical bodybuilding amounts and I didn't.
I used various steroids  one at a time, from 1983-86.
For example, I would use 1 shot of decca per week for the last 8 weeks before and show.
That helped me stay on course when in pre contest mode.
I  used 2- shots per week of Winsitrol V ( 3ml per shot). I found this helped get me cut faster but added no mass.
I never combined aka stacked drugs and took the "minimum doseage" similar to my HRT Androgel, I now use.
I am pretty sensible guy and never got any side effects but I never pushed the envelope.

Great, so post a picture of when you were "on" so it can be compared to the picture of you 10months clean you posted above.
Should be quite a difference.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »
 :-\

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
Thanks and that was 10 months  off, 100% drug free.
To be candid, I had used small amounts of basic contest prep drugs like Winnie V and decca
from 1983-1986, the pic is from 1987 at the Jr USA

Howard you look very good there, but you were not off for 10 months so why lie? Your size and development pretty much matches the other guys who are on stage with you. Was that the Jr's? So you dabbled with steroids never really got bigger from their use then entered the biggest show of you life clean?

ukjeff

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:08 AM »
Im with you mate, hes bullshitting, why take something then decide to compete naturally in a non tested show?

He should be able to post a photo of him looking much improved if he was really clean in the photo hes posted.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
  Jose and that Doctor have sex

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
  Jose and that Doctor have sex

No fair! :-[

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
You looked great Howard - props!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
Howard you look very good there, but you were not off for 10 months so why lie? Your size and development pretty much matches the other guys who are on stage with you. Was that the Jr's? So you dabbled with steroids never really got bigger from their use then entered the biggest show of you life clean?

I have always been 100% candid and honest about my own drug use in BB .
In AUG of 1986, I decided to stop any and all steroid use for a variety of personal reasons.
The main reason was a need to save money to go back to school and complete my degree , which I did.
The Jr USA was held in Raliegh, NC in late April of 1987. This was about 70 miles from where I lived.
I already had plans to move to KY and go back to school that AUG, so I decided to compete once more .
Many of my gym buds were going to compete or go watch so I wanted to be part of it.
I would not had competed if the contest required me to spend money and travel.
I simply wanted to compete at a national level show and see how I matched up , on my own terms.
I weighed in at 195.5 lbs and looked pretty good. C'mon , I looked decent but I wasn't that impressive.
I'll take it as compliment for those that think I had to juice to achieve the look I had in my posted pics.

Unlike a lot of guys who compete, I did for mostly personal reasons.
I quickly lost any desire to go pro or go for  bodybuilding, no holds barred.
I'm being as honest and open as I can be, if some choose to think it "BS", then, so be it.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »
Im with you mate, hes bullshitting, why take something then decide to compete naturally in a non tested show?

He should be able to post a photo of him looking much improved if he was really clean in the photo hes posted.

Once again, I was off on AUG 1986 and competed in late April of 1987 ( the pics w red trunks).
I won't try to change your ind since you are already convinced I was juiced.
Instead I will thank you for saying I look too good to be off the juice in my posted pic.
Lastly, I was only 196 at 5'10", hardly a massive freak ya know ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
i consider pro bodybuilders real life heroes.any one can hit with money problem once a while no big deal.every thing will be left behind after u died does not mean jack.i just admire the fact that these guys can walk into any gym around the world and people talk to them like one of their own irrespective of race and ethnicity or even just walk around in any country of the world wearing sleeveless and getting all the attention.can any money replace it.send ur biggest star like justin beiber alone in some African country and see how he get his butt fucked.

If I thought any drug addict pro bodybuilder was my hero on say a Saturday, I'd be hanging from a noose by Sunday...

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
®

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:03 AM »
If I thought any drug addict pro bodybuilder was my hero on say a Saturday, I'd be hanging from a noose by Sunday...
gud for u mate.keep posting on bodybuilding web site 24/7 without any emotional attachment.oh sorry u have emotional attachment towards bodybuilders just negative one.this drug talk is high school kid talk.r u in high school.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »
LOL @ "buying a 400k house"...

bodybuilding is a hobby, not a profession and should remain as is. 400k is peanuts these days, maybe not for 18-22  $/hourers on here but I cannot imagine anyone making under 80-100k in their 30's. if not failed massively and should reconsider what you're doing with your life.

I owe 25K on my 400K house, not that hard to have and keep a job and pay a mortgage.
(Tough for those who lose jobs obviously).
Pro bodybuiders = douch bags...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:54 AM »
I like Jose and have been a fan of him , since his days as an NPC national level contest winner.
Let's all get real and put some things in perspective on his situation.

1. Plenty of people have had to short sell or been forclosed on when it came to their house.
Like plenty of others , he was in a home that he really couldn't afford on the avg month.
For the past few years, being forclosed on for an expnesive mortgage is nothing that new or rare.

2. Even under the best circumstances, break ups can happen in any serious relationship.
* I have been divorced 3x but refused to give up and will marry #4, next month.

3. Bodybuilding was never meant to be a viable, lucrative career path for many pros.
Only a handful of top pros ever make a decent living off it.
A rare few , like Bob Chick find a unique niche within bodybuilding and do well.

4. I have seen plenty of folks pursue careers  on everything from acting to personal training and struggle to get by.
FYI, education and degrees alone are no gurantee for success. You need a viable career path and ability to work in your field.
Teaching chemsitry and physics isn't that exciting a career LOL. But I knew I could be decent at it and make a , secure living with it.
FYI, Issac Newton and Einstein never made a lot of $$, but their ideas changed the world we live in.

5. Jose pursued his dream of being a pro bodybuilder. He is now getting ready to be  a top contender for the 212 Olympia showdown.
He is living a spartan lifestyle without a lot of creature comforts and nice things, but so what?
Monks live a spartan , celebit lifestyle and gave up all worldly things for their spirtual journey.
Henry David Thoreau wrote a classic novel about his meager, basic lifestyle near Walden Pond.
He wanted to live a deliberate lifestyle , free from the normal constraints and trappings.
Jose Raymnd is living like a pure bodybuilding in hot pursuit of his biggest title to date.
I admire him for that dedication but understand the sacrifice.

All this pursuit of your dream is fine and dandy, until a personal disaster happens.
For example, I thank GOD, I had a good job with excellent health Ins , when I tore my achilles tendon.
I'm also greatful I had a nice home and loving fiance to go to after the surgery , who was there with me
during my recovery on crutches.
I wish Jose well and will cheer him at the Olympia as a fan. I will be happy for him if he does well in the 212 Olympia showdown.
As for me I admire but don't envy the avg pro. I traded that dream for one of personal security and very different lifestyle, many years ago.

well written. why do be people care if he dont have a ferrari and a big ass house, if this is what he want to do with his life then its up to him. He seems to enjoy  this lifestyle so more power to him

ukjeff

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
Once again, I was off on AUG 1986 and competed in late April of 1987 ( the pics w red trunks).
I won't try to change your ind since you are already convinced I was juiced.
Instead I will thank you for saying I look too good to be off the juice in my posted pic.
Lastly, I was only 196 at 5'10", hardly a massive freak ya know

Saying it twice still doesn't make it any more believable.
Either show a photo of you when on a cycle as opposed to you being off.
It should be easy shouldn't it?
You should be around 10% up on bodyweight and condition on as opposed to off.
I wont hold my breath though.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »
Saying it twice still doesn't make it any more believable.
Either show a photo of you when on a cycle as opposed to you being off.
It should be easy shouldn't it?
You should be around 10% up on bodyweight and condition on as opposed to off.
I wont hold my breath though.

He already covered his bases on that one. He said he never used steroids to get bigger just more cut.  ::)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
Damn I actually feel bad for the little guy, if I see him on the streets I will give him a quarter or something.
L

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
Part 2

its funny to me that bodybuilders are upfront about personal life, relationships , and finances but never drug use

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2012-mr-olympia/4774-jose-raymond-up-close-and-personal-part-two.html

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
well written. why do be people care if he dont have a ferrari and a big ass house, if this is what he want to do with his life then its up to him. He seems to enjoy  this lifestyle so more power to him

You obviously aren't getting the point it isn't about the Ferrari or big house I agree but the guy is mid to late 30's and doesn't even have a house to live, has to go live with his friend... He doesn't have his priorities right. A grown man that isn't responsible at that age and still trying to live the dream. Hopefully he doesn't have kids or if he does they're fucked. A man child mentality

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
 In Better times at his foreclosed home

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
Bay likey!  :P

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Part 2

its funny to me that bodybuilders are upfront about personal life, relationships , and finances but never drug use

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2012-mr-olympia/4774-jose-raymond-up-close-and-personal-part-two.html

He lost his home for us bitches!
X