Author Topic: Jose Raymond Living the Dream - This makes me want to quit bodybuilding  (Read 49436 times)

POB

• Getbig IV
Re: Jose Raymond Living the Dream - This makes me want to quit bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
Livin the dream.

And still has the money to shoot 2000 $ worth of gear into his butt every month. How the hell is that working? ???

She didn't care about that as long as he had another 2k for the mortgage. It was when the mortgage $ was going into his butt :D

This is why bodybuilding is great if it's not 1st in your life. If you invest in a education, job, bank account, relationships, ect. Its still there when your not putting all your time/$ in it. As soon as you quit doing the bodybuilding things to look like that your body does not look the same...

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »
Should come live with Bay and have him support Jose since "bay likey!"

X2

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
She didn't care about that as long as he had another 2k for the mortgage. It was when the mortgage $ was going into his butt :D

This is why bodybuilding is great if it's not 1st in your life. If you invest in a education, job, bank account, relationships, ect. Its still there when your not putting all your time/$ in it. As soon as you quit doing the bodybuilding things to look like that your body does not look the same...

I dont know what his montly salary from MHP is, but gear and GH is pretty cheap. The most expensive thing in bbing is the food. I mean, you can get a bottle of prop for $20, tren for $40 and a kit for $120

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
 He is lucky he has his Sugar Daddy the Doctor

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Mr O?  I wish him luck, but that's going to be a tough one.  I hope he has a plan B.

Every man has had some bitch in their life that's fucked them over in some way or another.  Never live with, have kids with or marry them.  The financial ramifications are just not worth it.  

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »
He is lucky he has his Sugar Daddy

Yes , but Dana Linn Bailey cant possible keep supporting her husband Rob and her Jose forever with her Tshirt /butcher block company , she will eventually have to drop one of her sponsored dudes  

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26:54 PM »
I dont know what his montly salary from MHP is, but gear and GH is pretty cheap. The most expensive thing in bbing is the food. I mean, you can get a bottle of prop for $20, tren for $40 and a kit for $120

Even with your rock bottom price example,if you did all that 2.5 times a week you'd be right under 2k before you eat

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
I remember hearing some national and pro competitors don't pay for gear, probably g4p in exchange or sponsorship

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
Believe me, he has internet

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »
Isn't he a fireman in Dallas?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

Jose......

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
He said it, "I have been doing this for twenty years"  and I have nothing to show for it.  What an eye opener...

Not much need for midgets these days.  Hope your sphincter stay tight my friend...doc takes care of me...oh boy!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
also i think he said he put $150,000 in the house he lost too

but hey he is part of Flag or Snails

so at one point he was doing well enough to save up $150000.00. and now he is the most popular he has ever been and can't pay a mortgage??

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
Believe me, he has internet

Why not tether from his cell, or have his friend/landlord give him the pass word to the homes wifi?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
Should come live with Bay and have him support Jose since "bay likey!"

Live with Bay? Do you live with him?

When you say "come live with" that alludes that you live with Bay and he takes care of you, and would also take care of this Jose fellow.

I for instance, would say, "He should GO live with Bay." Since you know... I don't live with him.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
And everyone was clowning Evan Centaponi about him living at his parents house at 30yr old, dude probably saved all his pennies and bought his house cash or atleast but a huge downpayment on it

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »
Kind of makes you realize why jay cutler is putting his name on every single product he could come across. Anyway to make a buck. Better than losing your house.
X

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »
Kind of makes you realize why jay cutler is putting his name on every single product he could come across. Anyway to make a buck. Better than losing your house.

well, when third place in a pro show is worth $3000 pretax, pretty tough life.

some golfer is going to make  $11 500 000.00 this weekend.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
well, when third place in a pro show is worth $3000 pretax, pretty tough life.

some golfer is going to make  $11 500 000.00 this weekend.

Yeah, same with tennis pros. Make a shit load of money per game.

Jose Raymond should have became a golfer.
X

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »
Live with Bay? Do you live with him?

When you say "come live with" that alludes that you live with Bay and he takes care of you, and would also take care of this Jose fellow.

I for instance, would say, "He should GO live with Bay." Since you know... I don't live with him.

Haha u r right! I do know bay likey jose so maybe he could help him out.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 06:11:21 PM »
He said it, "I have been doing this for twenty years"  and I have nothing to show for it.  What an eye opener...

Not much need for midgets these days.  Hope your sphincter stay tight my friend...doc takes care of me...oh boy!

I like Jose and have been a fan of him , since his days as an NPC national level contest winner.
Let's all get real and put some things in perspective on his situation.

1. Plenty of people have had to short sell or been forclosed on when it came to their house.
Like plenty of others , he was in a home that he really couldn't afford on the avg month.
For the past few years, being forclosed on for an expnesive mortgage is nothing that new or rare.

2. Even under the best circumstances, break ups can happen in any serious relationship.
* I have been divorced 3x but refused to give up and will marry #4, next month.

3. Bodybuilding was never meant to be a viable, lucrative career path for many pros.
Only a handful of top pros ever make a decent living off it.
A rare few , like Bob Chick find a unique niche within bodybuilding and do well.

4. I have seen plenty of folks pursue careers  on everything from acting to personal training and struggle to get by.
FYI, education and degrees alone are no gurantee for success. You need a viable career path and ability to work in your field.
Teaching chemsitry and physics isn't that exciting a career LOL. But I knew I could be decent at it and make a , secure living with it.
FYI, Issac Newton and Einstein never made a lot of $$, but their ideas changed the world we live in.

5. Jose pursued his dream of being a pro bodybuilder. He is now getting ready to be  a top contender for the 212 Olympia showdown.
He is living a spartan lifestyle without a lot of creature comforts and nice things, but so what?
Monks live a spartan , celebit lifestyle and gave up all worldly things for their spirtual journey.
Henry David Thoreau wrote a classic novel about his meager, basic lifestyle near Walden Pond.
He wanted to live a deliberate lifestyle , free from the normal constraints and trappings.
Jose Raymnd is living like a pure bodybuilding in hot pursuit of his biggest title to date.
I admire him for that dedication but understand the sacrifice.

All this pursuit of your dream is fine and dandy, until a personal disaster happens.
For example, I thank GOD, I had a good job with excellent health Ins , when I tore my achilles tendon.
I'm also greatful I had a nice home and loving fiance to go to after the surgery , who was there with me
during my recovery on crutches.
I wish Jose well and will cheer him at the Olympia as a fan. I will be happy for him if he does well in the 212 Olympia showdown.
As for me I admire but don't envy the avg pro. I traded that dream for one of personal security and very different lifestyle, many years ago.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »
I have an idea. Why doesn't he get a job? Like the rest of humanity. You know, the kind of thing you go to, 9 to 5, that maybe you don't always like, but sometimes you do, that gives you some money. And there's a boss, and you do what they say, and you work hard, and you get a paycheck that pays bills.

I refuse to believe that bodybuilding is so fucking hard that you can't hold down a 9 to 5 job.

Ever heard of Ken Brown? Won the USAs and turned pro. All while working a 10hour shift in a factory starting at 6 am. He'd hit the gym at 3 am, go to work, come home, raise his family, and still did shows. Didn't hear about him losing his house.

How about Ronnie? He had a house, and paid his bills, and even when he was winning shows, still held down a full time job as a cop.

How about Porter Cottrell? Won a bunch of shows, and still had a career as a firefighter.

So you can be a pro, even a good one, and hold down a job.

So, you know what, it is possible to hold down a job. He doesn't need to be an investment banker at Goldman Sachs. Get a job with the city digging ditches. Get a job in an old age home cleaning bedpans. Christ, just be a personal trainer.

Nope, instead, he's a bum now. Welched on his debts. And I'm supposed to feel pity? Be a man, and get a job. It's 10 pm, and I'm still working. Because I have a family, and I care, and it's the right thing to do. Don't see me launching a woe-is-me youtube video about my lot.

I have zero empathy. And a mild disdain.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
If you're divorced 3X and more you have some serious issues...

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
His brother Tito seems to be doing good

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
We are all bodybuilders on this site, Jose is a Professional bodybuilder.  That is the difference...I spent over twenty years at my profession and retired.  I workout everyday and work because I like to keep busy.  I expect a professional bodybuilder to make good decisions and to be able to support himself.  The body wont do him  any good away from the gym, he is not an Arnold or Louie.  When he finally awakens from the dream, he may find himself living in the back of a van talking about the good ole days...that is the problem.  Weight training is progressive, so is life.