Author Topic: Bulking  (Read 2943 times)

Ryguy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Bulking
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:50:55 PM »
I weigh about 156-158, and i am trying to bulk up to 170's, and i am having trouble trying to gain it, i eat alot/take in alot of protein

I play lacrosse all year, so i am constantly doing cardio

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Bulking
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:00:42 PM »
you didnt mention lifitng weights.
follow the arrows

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:29:21 PM »
eat more.

Yes.  It really is that simple.

Most skinnies who "think" they eat a lot would probably be very surprised at the numbers if they tracked calories for a week.

If you have trouble eating enough whole food, supplement with a high calorie shake or two.  And no, you don't have to run down to GNC and buy a super expensive weight gainer that will last a week.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »

Yes.  It really is that simple.

Most skinnies who "think" they eat a lot would probably be very surprised at the numbers if they tracked calories for a week.

Your right about that, I know a lot of guys who eat 2 or 3 really large meals a day and because of that they think they are eating big.  But in reality they are still not getting enough cal from those meals.  Plus, they are wasting a lot of benefit of the nutrients in the food because your body can only process so much at a time, i.e. protein.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 06:11:54 PM »
I agree with some of the prior posts...are you lifting weights???  Also, you need to figure out how many caloires you need to take in everyday.  How much protein to you consume on a daily basis?  You should shoot for a gram per pound of bodyweight...prebably have been told that a lot.  Also, don't go to bed on an empty stomache...eat a cup or two of cottage cheese or some type of casein protein so your body has something to work with at night....
just my 2 cents

Ryguy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:40:51 PM »
okay, ill just keep eating

i go to the gym 5-6 days a week

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 07:15:22 PM »
consume 20-40 grams of protein at every meal with some carbs and your good to go! ex- for breakfast i have scrambled eggs(2 cups worth  of whites and 2 yolks), oatmeal and a piece of fruit. 
bodybuildersreality.com

robmeister

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 07:45:31 PM »
protein shakes bro, and lifting! you burn up alot of calories doing the lacross. you might have a real high metabolism too.

240 or bust

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:55:39 PM »
squat dangerous weights with a serious spotter.

It's okay to get a little chibby. If you're disciplined, it's pretty easy to lose it afterwards.

Ryguy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 01:48:01 PM »
I might get back on Creatine, what would be my best bet to take

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »
I might get back on Creatine, what would be my best bet to take

Best in terms of?

Creatine is fine.  Just buy plain monohydrate and mix it with juice or Gatorade (or whatever).

Ryguy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
to gain strength and mass

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 03:23:57 PM »
I weigh about 156-158, and i am trying to bulk up to 170's, and i am having trouble trying to gain it, i eat alot/take in alot of protein

I play lacrosse all year, so i am constantly doing cardio

Sorry to tell you this but you'll never gain much size while all that cardio crap. You either want to be a bodybuilder or a lacrosse player?
The House that Ruth built