Author Topic: those of u who lifted in venice back in the good ol days...  (Read 15847 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: those of u who lifted in venice back in the good ol days...
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 12:04:47 PM »
Just thought you guys might like to see a few vintage pictures of Bert Elliott and Terry Todd on one of their visits to the early 1964 Zuver's Hall of Fame Gym.
Picture
#1-- Bert and Terry checking out the lifting totals on the wall record board.
#2-- Bert signing Zuver's Famous Odd Lift Shifting Water Barrel.
#3-- Bert telling Big Bob Zuver what he thinks of Zuver's Gym.
#4-- Terry Todd witnessing Bert signing The Zuver's Big Water Barrel.

Just a few great moments at Zuver's.
RZ
[/quote   for sure,      ?????? bert elliot was a fireman i think????????

Your correct there also. He was a fireman amoung many hat's he wore. Including Bodybuilder,Powerlifter,weightlifter,Strongman, ArmWrestler, Instructor, and Contest Judge. I'm sure there are a few I've missed. He got around and knew many Celebrities. Terry once told me that he and Bert were very close and stayed in touch till Bert's passing. We used to hold arm wrestling contests at Zuver's gym in the early to mid 60s and Bert would just about snap every arm in the gym. Sometime we would just have him judge so the rest of the guys could have a chance to win the side bet cash. I'm still going through old Zuver's photos and know ill find some photos of though's days. He was a character. Sadly there isn't more about him on the net. He was well liked by though's of us that knew him. Here is a article I enjoyed reading on him.
Rz

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
Just sat down to watch Rockford files on Netflix. Season one episode one has bill smith a a karate villain.  Really cool seeing old LA.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
 >:(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »
 :)
F