Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 231239 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam
« Reply #1150 on: July 26, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »

Why is this man wearing a Welsh Guard bearskin on his chin? Is he confused about which part of the head one puts a hat on?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1151 on: July 27, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1152 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
The Chinese Emperor’s Poem about the Prophet Muhammad (saw)

Hong-Wu (also known by his given name Zhū Yuánzhāng) was the Emperor of China between 1368 – 1398 CE. He was the first Emperor of the Ming Dynasty, leading an Army that conquered the country and defeated away the Mongol-led Yuan Dynasty.

Despite being a non-Muslim, Hong-Wu ordered the construction of several mosques in Nanjing, Yunnan, Guangdong and Fujian. He rebuilt the Jinjue Mosque in Nanjing and large numbers of Hui (Muslim Chinese) people moved to the city during his rule.

He had around 10 Muslim generals in his army, including Chang Yuchun, Lan Yu, Ding Dexing, Mu Ying, Feng Sheng and Hu Dahai. In addition, Hong-Wu’s spouse, Empress Ma, descended from a Muslim family while he was originally a member of a Muslim rebel group led by Guo Zhixin.

Emperor Hong-Wu wrote a 100 word eulogy praising Islam, Allah and the Prophet Muhammad which he had placed in the mosques which he ordered to be built.

The eulogy is in the form of a poem, each verse containing 4 words (characters) and 4 syllables. In the translation below I have strayed away from trying to keep the 4 word per verse translation in favour of a more literal translation which conveys the full meaning in flowing English.

The One-Hundred Word Eulogy:

Since the creation of the Universe,
God had decreed to appoint,
This great faith-preaching man,
From the West he was born,
He received the Holy Scripture,
A Book of thirty parts,
To guide all creation,
Master of all Rulers,
Leader of Holy Ones,
With Support from Above,
To Protect His Nation,
With five daily prayers,
Silently hoping for peace,
His heart towards Allah,
Empowering the poor,
Saving them from calamity,
Seeing through the darkness,
Pulling souls and spirits,
Away from all wrongdoings,
A Mercy to the Worlds,
Traversing the ancient majestic path,
Vanquishing away all evil,
His Religion Pure and True,
Muhammad,
The Noble & Great one.

Written by Sh. Musa Cerantonio

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1153 on: July 28, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
Saudi prince defects from royal family

Prince Khalid Bin Farhan Al-Saud has announced his defection from Al Saud royal family through a statement, calling on other princes to break their silence and reveal the truth for sake of God.

In his statement on Saturday, the Saudi prince referred to his ‘sufferings’ under reign of Al Saud regime describing them as bitter experiences that will be revealed by the Saudi twitter writer Mujtahid and Saudi activist Saad al-Faqih, who is currently living in London.

He said he thanked God that helped him understand the truth about Saudi regime through a “direct horrible personal experience” so that he could have a taste of what people suffered from throughout the country.

With pride, I announce my defection from Al Saudi family in Saudi Arabia,

he wrote in his statement.

“This regime in Saudi Arabia does not stand by God’s rules or even (country’s) established rules and its policies, decisions, and actions are totally based on personal will of its leaders.” “All that is said in Saudi Arabia about respecting law and religion rules are factitious so that they can lie and pretend that the regime obeys Islamic rules.”

He criticized the royal family for considering the country as its own property while silencing all voices from inside and outside the government calling for any change and reforms.

Khalid Bin Farhan said the ruling family has deliberately pulled the country to the current condition where cries of oppressed people are ignored.

“They don’t think about anything but their personal benefits and do not care for country’s and people’s interests or even national security,”

he added.

He warned that current problems of the Saudi Arabia are not “temporary or superficial” and they do not end at unemployment, low wages and unjustified distribution of common wealth, facilities and services.

“The problems are deep and real,”

he said adding that they are concerned with political and financial corruption and abuse of power by the regime and fraud in the parliament and judiciary system.

The Saudi prince said everything that the pro-reform opposition says about country’s political, economical, judiciary, social and security condition as well as their abuse of religious values are true and

“the situation is even worse than what is said in criticisms”

He called on all those who cared for the future of the country to join him and the reform stream and break their silence on Al Saud corruptions.

Source: Al Alam

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1154 on: July 28, 2013, 11:22:51 PM »
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you love the poor and bring them near you. . .Allah will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376

Click here to donate and read more info:

http://www.justgiving.com/Help-Iraq

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1155 on: July 30, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1156 on: July 31, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1157 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »
"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (Qur'an 13:28)

Truly in the heart there is a sadness that can not be removed
except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.
And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled
except with love for Him and by turning to him and always remembering Him.
And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it,
it would not fill this emptiness.

Ibn Qayyim

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #1158 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:33 PM »
Ahmed. I am feeling bad because I am using inside knowledge. Just lighten up :) would you feel bad if you had inside info?
Not sure but anyway here goes. A heart is a living thing. You cannot draw or depict any living thing under pure Islam. Just accept then that there is a moderate Islam.
Why then show any living things? When I was Muslim and studied Islam, I learned that exceptions were made because of all the medical break throughs that were made in the Islamic world. I remember at madrasa (school in arabic) being taught about the eye. I was showed the picture of the eye. Any Muslim will know the picture of the eye I am talking about :) just think of this for a second. :)
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1159 on: July 31, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
Why is your English so crap only in this section but everywhere else happens to be just fine. Stop trying to prove you are some kind of immigrant Muslim. You are a liar at best, Ukranian, Pakistani and Egyptian?

You mess up your English that you stop making sense. Yet in the other sections your English is totally perfect and comprehensible to understand.

You're a fraud and you know it. Throwing in Arabic words is not proving you are or were a Muslim good or bad. Nor is it somehow making you jolly happy Christian. You are basically not making sense. Like we say, like inshAllah, like salaam, yeah okay.

You're sounding like a teenager teeny bopper who is like "omg lyke, so cool" but not making any sense at all. Yet you are almost 40 years old is it? Yeah right.

Within all the rants you've said you've proven only these things.

A. You are someone's troll on here if not Locos'.

B. If you were born a Muslim, you are totally unknowledgable and were never a good practicing muslim as you boast of your own corruption and the corruption of those around you trying to discredit Islam while only discrediting yourself as a Muslim able to speak about Islam.

C. You try to change what islam is by trying to promote the corruption found amongst Muslims and try to call it 'moderation'. I can understand that from a person who was corrupt not wanting to change themselves. As a result? You hate Islam because it doesn't change but you wanted it to change to please you.

D. You try to use Arabic words or Muslim terms to make yourself seem more credible, while it just comes out sounding totally ridiculous and funny. Citing bad examples of what is against Islam rather from Islam.

E. Putting all the above if you were born muslim, you find solitude in continuing to be corrupted while claiming you are saved and flaunting around happy joy joy bursts of emotion which make little sense and repeat "Jesus this Jesus that". Hence why many people view Christians as irrational and merely emotional.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1160 on: July 31, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
Ok buddy. Whatever. How old are you? I have life experience. I can speak perfect english if I want. Dude... I studied Shakespeare (sp) if I write an essay... Then I will write perfect English. I am Ukranian. Wtf. That is my back ground. I am from Toronto. If you knew a thing about the biggest global village in the World... You would have a clue... And within... I am from the most diverse group in that global village. So yeah... I am very special. Yes, there are many forms of broken english here. I navigate to say the least. A Chirstian will unferstand. It's like when a spanish is pissed off... They speak half spanish. English made this multi cultural society so reap the benefits lol I love it and have a nice day. Like we say in Arabic Insha'allah. I know you don't like Khuda Or allah hafeZ so I will just say Khuda Hafez as it's tradition by the ancient ppl which I have respect for.
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1161 on: July 31, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
Ok buddy. Whatever. How old are you? I have life experience. I can speak perfect english if I want. Dude... I studied Shakespeare (sp) if I write an essay... Then I will write perfect English. I am Ukranian. Wtf. That is my back ground. I am from Toronto. If you knew a thing about the biggest global village in the World... You would have a clue... And within... I am from the most diverse group in that global village. So yeah... I am very special. Yes, there are many forms of broken english here. I navigate to say the least. A Chirstian will unferstand. It's like when a spanish is pissed off... They speak half spanish. English made this multi cultural society so reap the benefits lol I love it and have a nice day. Like we say in Arabic Insha'allah. I know you don't like Khuda Or allah hafeZ so I will just say Khuda Hafez as it's tradition by the ancient ppl which I have respect for.

LOL woah, your English just went clear and caucasian. Bro what happened? Did the immigrant plot rub off? Cool story bro. Seems like your attempts to sound like a Pakistani FOB with bad English didn't go that well. Okay so you are actually Ukranian white with perfect English in other sections except in here trying to prove your new found religion from growing up in Pakistan (not). lol

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1162 on: July 31, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1163 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
The Sikhs are brave you know? Yes, off topic, but you have to learn how to love and accept all people. There are also many good Hindu as well. You are a crazy nut case and only exist because liberal people whim it. Loony... Loony... Loony... Loony... Crazy... Nut case... Fawker... Crazy... Get help crazy nut bar... Before it's too late :(
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1164 on: July 31, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1165 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »

I prefer:

Yo Allah...
I don't have anything that I need you - or anyone else - to forgive.
Also, why am I talking to you? You aren't even real.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1166 on: August 01, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
^You are neither harming Allah or Islam, only yourself :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1167 on: August 04, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »

2.5 million Muslims praying together tonight.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1168 on: August 04, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »

2.5 million Muslims praying together tonight.

Are they all facing the meteorite?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1169 on: August 08, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »
Isha prayers on the 29th night

and no axvo we don't pray towards any meteorite or box or object of worship. We pray to God alone. Worshipping anything in the creation is against the fundemental teaching of Islam which is the oneness and uniquness of God. That nothing resembles in the creation to God and that He is the creator. It is 'shirk' or ascribing partners/idolatry to worship anything in the creation.

The kaba is merely a pointer so that all Muslims pray together no matter from which place on earth. It's a matter of unity and unison in prayer. One nation under God.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1170 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »
Eid prayers in China!:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1171 on: August 10, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

Toronto subway

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1172 on: August 10, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
Isha prayers on the 29th night

and no axvo we don't pray towards any meteorite or box or object of worship. We pray to God alone. Worshipping anything in the creation is against the fundemental teaching of Islam which is the oneness and uniquness of God. That nothing resembles in the creation to God and that He is the creator. It is 'shirk' or ascribing partners/idolatry to worship anything in the creation.

The kaba is merely a pointer so that all Muslims pray together no matter from which place on earth. It's a matter of unity and unison in prayer. One nation under God.

So the black stone is meaningless to you? Funny that it plays quite an important role in the Hajj. That one single ritual actually proves that Islam is mired in rituals... as part of the Hajj – which every Muslim must undertake – aren't you supposed to walk seven times, kissing the black stone in each go-around? What purpose does that serve?

If it's not important and has no religious significance, why not smash it up? After all, it certainly looks like it's being worshipped and almost like it's being treated like an idol.

But you only care to smash other religious symbols and historical monuments. Like the Buddhas in Bamiyan. I shudder to think what would happen to historical monuments if you and your ilk ever were allowed near places like the Parthenon.

On, and pray-tell, why must all prayers face the same direction? Does Allah not get good reception on his iPhone, unless all prayers face the right way?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1173 on: August 10, 2013, 11:03:17 PM »
Go back to pondering your own death will you atheist? You type too much useless stuff that honestly doesn't benefit humanity only makes you look like an angry raging atheist. You've already made the point that you have contempt for God and religions in general. Moving along.

All that shining arrogance will come to a full pit stop soon enough and then you'll neither jest nor ponder no more.

I can talk about your own uselessness in the same tone that you talk towards God and religions but really I am not benefiting humanity with that crap you spew. You are a pointless piece of meat that will rot soon that's how important your arrogance is.

You have a brain but oh wait it's not that fancy or amazing it's got no design it's a piece of useless accidental flesh.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1174 on: August 10, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »
Go back to pondering your own death will you atheist? You type too much useless stuff that honestly doesn't benefit humanity only makes you look like an angry raging atheist. You've already made the point that you have contempt for God and religions in general. Moving along.

I have contempt for any person who surrenders their rational faculty to mysticism because they are giving up the essence of what it means to be human.

As for being angry... I'm not. I'm too busy with my own life to be angry at others, especially over decisions that they take that have no bearing on me. You can believe in your fairy tale all you want - it's not my concern. If you choose to make it my concern (by trying to convert me or by spamming these boards or by trying to dictate how I should live) then don't be surprised if I start paying attention. After all, you chose to make your religion my concern.

All that shining arrogance will come to a full pit stop soon enough and then you'll neither jest nor ponder no more.

I'm comfortable with the finite nature of my existence. And since we all die, I am really not sure what purpose the above serves.

I can talk about your own uselessness in the same tone that you talk towards God and religions but really I am not benefiting humanity with that crap you spew. You are a pointless piece of meat that will rot soon that's how important your arrogance is.

We're all pieces of meat and we'll all rot in due time. But that doesn't make our life less meaningful or less worthy of living. Quite the opposite: it makes it all the more amazing.

And that is the difference between you and I: I love life and want to live it. You don't; your goal is death which you see as the gateway to life.

You have a brain but oh wait it's not that fancy or amazing it's got no design it's a piece of useless accidental flesh.

It's quite amazing - no design required. And I find it quite useful for many things, including detecting that you avoided answering all the questions I posed. It's ok... ;)