Author Topic: IF vs Keto diet  (Read 9277 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
IF vs Keto diet
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:21:10 AM »
Can we debate which diet is superior?  Which is easier, faster etc.  Should be an interesting debate if enough people get involved.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: IF vs Keto diet
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
Can we debate which diet is superior?  Which is easier, faster etc.  Should be an interesting debate if enough people get involved.

What could be easier than just skipping breakfast? I don't count any calories ever. I've combined IF with the "Vegan till Six" diet. Lunch = no -grain, no-starch, no-fruit vegan meal (avacado and chilli beans with hot sauce, etc.), dinner is one plate of anything I want, no second helpings. Snack is light beer with vodka shots.  I've gone from 255 to 235 almost effortlessly.

Oh, yeah, I guess the thousands of burpees might have helped.  ::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 06:15:48 PM »
IF is waaaaay easier....

I've combined both

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »
I've done keto several times and know it works great and comes with many health and mental benefits. However I get tired of eating all protein and fat so I fell long term IF would be a better solution. Also it is less restrictive.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
I've done keto several times and know it works great and comes with many health and mental benefits. However I get tired of eating all protein and fat so I fell long term IF would be a better solution. Also it is less restrictive.

Honestly I felt a little protein deprived for months. Mostly because I didn't want to count protein grams and calories. I'm sure you've heard of the IF protocol "leangains." They have a carb/protein cycle based on training days that sounds pretty good. I found the weakness caused by my shitty low protein diet has finally gone away. You have a much smaller window with IF to consume all your calories so if you want to get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, you have to plan ahead, something that I just don't have time to do.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

One last thing.  You mentioned the mental aspect. Some days you feel a little tired and hazy due to hunger on IF. But sometimes you feel crazy intense. I've had some mornings when I felt like Superman running on empty. Just burning fumes and feeling incredible. It's hard to put into words what that means, but I've had some awesome natural highs since I've stated IF.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:37 AM »
One last thing.  You mentioned the mental aspect. Some days you feel a little tired and hazy due to hunger on IF. But sometimes you feel crazy intense. I've had some mornings when I felt like Superman running on empty. Just burning fumes and feeling incredible. It's hard to put into words what that means, but I've had some awesome natural highs since I've stated IF.

Sounds awesome I want to try this soon.  Look forward to observing all the good side effects of this type of diet, just gonna research it more first. 

I wonder if Keto is still better for someone already fairly lean trying to get peeled and into contest shape. 

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
Sounds awesome I want to try this soon.  Look forward to observing all the good side effects of this type of diet, just gonna research it more first. 

I wonder if Keto is still better for someone already fairly lean trying to get peeled and into contest shape. 

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing you might be right. Keto might be easier to get all your protein, no worries about spilling over from carbs, etc. I think IF may be a perfect off season diet to down cycle the physical activity while staying lean.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
I think you would get into ketosis even quicker doing a 24h fast 2x a week

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:48 AM »

From personal experience I definitly do

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
From personal experience I definitly do
Can you perhaps go into more detail regarding your keto diet?

Seems like being endo, I'm going to have to do keto, since just cutting calories works just to a point.

I still do 2 fasts a week together with low calories but I've decided to up the calories and do keto, combined with the 2 fasts a week.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 02:38:15 AM »
Currently I usually skip breakfast and consume all of my daily calories (quantity for maintenance) between noon and 8pm. If I do wake up hungry and have breakfast than I consume all of my calories between 8am and 4pm.

Additionally, I consume nothing but water and green tea on Wednesdays (breakfast is a Thursday tradition now).

Primary training days are Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday but I do low intensity cardio for 60-90 minutes every day.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »
Currently I usually skip breakfast and consume all of my daily calories (quantity for maintenance) between noon and 8pm. If I do wake up hungry and have breakfast than I consume all of my calories between 8am and 4pm.

Additionally, I consume nothing but water and green tea on Wednesdays (breakfast is a Thursday tradition now).

Primary training days are Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday but I do low intensity cardio for 60-90 minutes every day.
And just pretty much normal keto? 60% fat, 35-40% protein, 0-5% carbs?

How much calories approximately are you consuming?

What are your currnet stats?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
Under 30g.

Stats: sexy

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 06:25:25 PM »
Why is that? I never did keto or IF. 24 hr fast of not eating anything?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
Why is that? I never did keto or IF. 24 hr fast of not eating anything?

yep....

drops your blood sugar nice and low

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
Fasted Monday and Wednesday. Reached keto Thursday. This is my first time running a keto so I think its going well so far. I also dropped about 4lbs since Monday, which I know is mostly water