Author Topic: Training one bodypart twice a week? Safe? Useless?  (Read 2443 times)

BigFella

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Training one bodypart twice a week? Safe? Useless?
« on: November 22, 2005, 08:27:53 AM »
I was thinking of training chest or shoulders twice a week, on a routine like Mon and Thurs.  Is this effective at growth, or will it lead to over training?  A response would be nice.

Thanks

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Training one bodypart twice a week? Safe? Useless?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 08:44:08 AM »
Of course it would depend on the rest of your weekly workouts/split (set's, exercises, reps's, etc) but twice a week can usually  be a good idea. Keep the chest/shoulder workout hard, brief and to the point, not those long and pointless 15-20 set things. Glad you have the foresight to work the chest/shoulder together, always the best choice for max gains. Good Luck.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:45:14 PM »
really?......chest and shoulders in the same workout? i donno if i could do that.
bodybuildersreality.com

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 02:18:35 PM »
I find it works if you limit yourself to splitting up front and side delts with chest, and throwing rear delts and traps in with back. You'll cut out another day so you can increase the frequency of your bodyparts throughout the week. You might not be going all out on your shoulder pressing movements but who cares when you're getting that much direct attention to your front delts as it is.

BigFella

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:50:35 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.  Found them quite usefull so far.  I am definitely going to try it out (chest w/ shoulders... minus rear delts).  Again, excellent replies.  You reassured my thinking.

Thanks

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
really?......chest and shoulders in the same workout? i donno if i could do that.

arnold used to train chest, shoulders, and triceps on the same day.  i gave it a try a long time ago and on the first 3-4 workouts i could barely shoulder press but eventually my shoulders adjusted and i got some pretty good workouts.  nowadays, however, i train chest and shoulders on separate days.