Author Topic: Romney's 'extreme makeover  (Read 14143 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Romney's 'extreme makeover
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »
I'll give romney the win on the economic issue - it is his forte and obama hasn't exaclty been stellar, good, or even average on fixing the economy...

but romney said he woudln't go into pakistan to get OBL... and obama DID.

romney said on tape that we'll never solve the palestine issue - let him lecture obama on his handling of that now.

romney has no foreign policy experience and can't hate on obama for libya because obama di exaclty what the neocons told him to do there.

Obama is going to be better in the foreign policy debate than economic, and romney is far less experienced here.  You'll have the smart ass college kid (romney) telling the grizzled professor (obama in the war dept here) how the world works.  Sorry, no dice, romney loses htis one.
Romney gave a more enthusiastic performance in the debate. no doubt. but long term economic health is more complicated in our modern economy than simply deregulating and cutting taxes.

As someone who listened to the Carter/Reagan debates about 32 years ago, I can say that Romney hit "Reagan territory" when he hammered Obama for Obamacare.

Obama will destroy the health care system in this country, as well as Medicare, if we allow him to.

Vote for Obama if you wish, but don't dare complain if you break your hip when you're 80 and you're given a fucking wheel chair rather than a replacement.

LOL...   another conservative who thinks its the governments job to replace his hip..  ;D  im sorry, are you arguing for the government to provide healthcare services ?   ..and who are you supporting in the election again ?  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »
I'll give romney the win on the economic issue - it is his forte and obama hasn't exaclty been stellar, good, or even average on fixing the economy...

but romney said he woudln't go into pakistan to get OBL... and obama DID.

AND!!! Bin Laden's old news. Al-Qaeda's alive, well, and perhaps more vicious than ever.  

romney said on tape that we'll never solve the palestine issue - let him lecture obama on his handling of that now.

Romney's right. The Palestinians don't want peace; they want Israel annihilated. Thank goodness Romney has the sense to realize that, instead of cowering to terrorists, who've flat-out stated they won't rest until Israel's a parking lot.

romney has no foreign policy experience and can't hate on obama for libya because obama di exaclty what the neocons told him to do there.

Romney has no foreign policy experience; Obama's experience SUCKS. Gee.....which one would I take?

Obama is going to be better in the foreign policy debate than economic, and romney is far less experienced here.  You'll have the smart ass college kid (romney) telling the grizzled professor (obama in the war dept here) how the world works.  Sorry, no dice, romney loses htis one.

Don't bet on it. In case you forgot, we have a foreign policy crisis on our hands RIGHT NOW. And, Obama has looked like a bumbling fool for the better part of a month, blaming a blasted YouTube video.

He and his administration can't get their facts straight on anything. Your analogy is equally ridiculous. The lefties thought the same thing on Wednesday and we all know how that turned out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
I guess we'll see.   How did romney look in the debates against the other repubs on foreign policy?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 08:14:39 PM »
we have a foreign policy crisis going on ?  ;D

yup, today's world makes the cuban missile crisis look like a cake walk.  ;D

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
Romney gave a more enthusiastic performance in the debate. no doubt. but long term economic health is more complicated in our modern economy than simply deregulating and cutting taxes.

LOL...   another conservative who thinks its the governments job to replace his hip..  ;D  im sorry, are you arguing for the government to provide healthcare services ?   ..and who are you supporting in the election again ?  ;D

We pay into Medicare, dummy.......a % of every dollar we earn, without limit goes to pay Medicare premiums.

When we get old, we'll need medical care........that was basically what those Townhall Meetings were about during the summer of 2009, and the beginning of the Tea Party.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
and you thinking forcing everybody to buy private health insurance and reducing the amount of medicare money paid to healthcare providers is going to REDUCE your ability to receive medical treatment ?  ;D

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
Adding an additional entitlement -- actually taking money from Medicare to pay for it, will effectively destroy Medicare.

It's not too difficult to understand.  It costs money to insure 40 million or so  poor people.  Where do you think the money's going to come from?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
how many economic classes you have under you belt now cumdrizzle?

tell us again how businesses cant stimulate demand...LMFAO

run along and study some more, its obvious youve missed a few classes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
oh boy. you get your talking points from paul ryan i see.

yes, subsidizing healthcare insurance for those who cant afford to buy their own does cost money.

yes, obama's policy does reduce medicare payments, BUT IT DOES NOT REDUCE SERVICES.  

the affordable care act extends the life of medicare by a decade

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »
how many economic classes you have under you belt now cumdrizzle?

tell us again how businesses cant stimulate demand...LMFAO

run along and study some more, its obvious youve missed a few classes.

anytime you want to have a substantive discussion about economic issues im ready  :-*

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
I actually did find one media spokesman who said Obama didn't lose the debate, and that Romney told whoppers.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/04/obama-didnt-lose-debate-romney-didnt-win/#ixzz28ZZtbG1B

Juan Williams, of FOX news.

Now, I can't find anyone who says he won, as coach's image claimed with the raised hand of victory from the MSM referee.  But that FOX employee did a little kneepadding, yes, I agree there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »

yes, subsidizing healthcare insurance for those who cant afford to buy their own does cost money.

yes, obama's policy does reduce medicare payments, BUT IT DOES NOT REDUCE SERVICES. 

LOL sure sure drizzle, you missed a spot on your chin.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
anytime you want to have a substantive discussion about economic issues im ready  :-*
sure thing champ, tell us how businesses dont stimulate demand again.

what do you think obama has done right for the economy?

what would you like to see him do moving forward?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »

Maybe you shouldnt be such a mindless drone, eh?

Obama "attacks Romney’s plan for Medicare as a “voucher” system that would leave seniors “at the mercy of insurance companies,” when the fact is, it’s structured the same as the system Obama’s health care law sets up for subsidizing private insurance for persons under age 65."

http://factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-stump-speech/

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »
sure thing champ, tell us how businesses dont stimulate demand again.

what do you think obama has done right for the economy?

what would you like to see him do moving forward?

capped student loan payments at 10% of income. increased pell grants. increased funding for community colleges.

dodd frank.

those are two big things.

moving forward..  increase the involvement of business in the development of education curriculum.  invest in building a modern infrastructure.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
Maybe you shouldnt be such a mindless drone, eh?

Obama "attacks Romney’s plan for Medicare as a “voucher” system that would leave seniors “at the mercy of insurance companies,” when the fact is, it’s structured the same as the system Obama’s health care law sets up for subsidizing private insurance for persons under age 65."

http://factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-stump-speech/

obamacare gives vouchers to people who cant afford insurance, and leaves medicare alone (extends its life, actually)

romney woouldnt give vouchers to people who cant afford insurance, he would just get give them to people who would have otherwise have gotten medicare.

to make it simple for you... joe jerry sally and diane.  joe and diane both are eligible for and recieve medicare. jerry and sally arent and dont have insurance. under obama's plan joe and diane keep their medicare, jerry and sally get vouchers to buy their own insurance. under romneys plan joe and diane dont get medicare but get vouchers to buy their own insurance plan, while jerry and sally get nothing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
obamacare gives vouchers to people who cant afford insurance, and leaves medicare alone (extends its life, actually)

romney woouldnt give vouchers to people who cant afford insurance, he would just get give them to people who would have otherwise have gotten medicare.

to make it simple for you... joe jerry sally and diane.  joe and diane both are eligible for and recieve medicare. jerry and sally arent and dont have insurance. under obama's plan joe and diane keep their medicare, jerry and sally get vouchers to buy their own insurance. under romneys plan joe and diane dont get medicare but get vouchers to buy their own insurance plan, while jerry and sally get nothing.
my citation says different, please cite yours

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »

capped student loan payments at 10% of income. increased pell grants. increased funding for community colleges.

dodd frank.

moving forward..  increase the involvement of business in the development of education curriculum.  invest in building a modern infrastructure. 
if youre taking out 100k to get a 30k a year job your an idiot, dont take out debt for education to get a job that causes you to spend more then 10% of your income to pay back thats called a horrible return on investment.

What exactly about dodd frank do you like?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »

dodd frank.

moving forward..  increase the involvement of business in the development of education curriculum.  invest in building a modern infrastructure.  

You dared me earlier to talk substance in a political issue. I do quite a bit and when I do the only ones who talk shit are the lemmings on the left like you, it's the libs that REFUSE to talk substance in the MSM and here. Obama got his ass handed to him in the debate and here comes the ass kissers from the MSM making excuses on why he lost...the best one came from that ass clown Gore where he said "it was the altitude, fuck!

Getting back to you. ANYONE who has the balls to bring up Frank/Dodd has to be the biggest fuckhead of the left especially since it was Frank/Dodd that started this most of this financial disaster we're in now.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
ANYONE who has the balls to bring up Frank/Dodd has to be the biggest fuckhead of the left especially since it was Frank/Dodd that started this most of this financial disaster we're in now.

What?  ???

The subprime mortgage crisis and the chain reaction that lead up to the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers and the financial meltdown that followed immediately afterwards were caused by Dodd-Frank which was passed in 2010? There are so many legitimate criticisms that can be made about the disaster that is Dodd/Frank, so why do you feel the need to pull such nonsensical bullshit out of your ass instead?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
my citation says different, please cite yours
cite yours first  :P

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »
if youre taking out 100k to get a 30k a year job your an idiot, dont take out debt for education to get a job that causes you to spend more then 10% of your income to pay back thats called a horrible return on investment.

What exactly about dodd frank do you like?
the issue of people going into debt to get a education in a qualitative field that does not have much demand for workers is totally seperate from the issue of making college loans available. i agree with you about th problem of students getting educations in fields that do not require workers and do no add much to the production of necessary goods and services.

dodd frank- increasing oversight of the financial industry in order to prevent irresponsible and sort sighted behaviors that can put the entire economy at risk.. thats what i like.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »
You dared me earlier to talk substance in a political issue. I do quite a bit and when I do the only ones who talk shit are the lemmings on the left like you, it's the libs that REFUSE to talk substance in the MSM and here. Obama got his ass handed to him in the debate and here comes the ass kissers from the MSM making excuses on why he lost...the best one came from that ass clown Gore where he said "it was the altitude, fuck!

Getting back to you. ANYONE who has the balls to bring up Frank/Dodd has to be the biggest fuckhead of the left especially since it was Frank/Dodd that started this most of this financial disaster we're in now.
dodd frank could have prevented the recession and economic collapse. lol. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
What?  ???

The subprime mortgage crisis and the chain reaction that lead up to the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers and the financial meltdown that followed immediately afterwards were caused by Dodd-Frank which was passed in 2010? There are so many legitimate criticisms that can be made about the disaster that is Dodd/Frank, so why do you feel the need to pull such nonsensical bullshit out of your ass instead?
Because he is a total moron with no business whatsoever engaging in a discussion about the financial services industry and the workings of Wall Street???  

The man has no education beyond high school and counts reps for a living.  ::)
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 11:00:32 PM »
which anchors said Obama won the debate?   Link please.  A link to a skit on Leno doesn't prove shit, dude. 

Coach's comic said the "MSM" declared him the winner.  I saw ed, maddow, mathews and maher call it a loss, along with CNN.

Unless this is just more victimhood without basis... WHICH anchors declared obama the WINNER of debate #1?

Apparently, you didn't catch the fact that I quickly replaced that Leno link with the actual one from MSNBC, in which Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews was going bonkers. He claimed Romney was winning, as if it weren't so obvious to anyone watching.