Author Topic: Romney's 'extreme makeover  (Read 14127 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Romney's 'extreme makeover
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
Apparently, you didn't catch the fact that I quickly replaced that Leno link with the actual one from MSNBC, in which Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews was going bonkers. He claimed Romney was winning, as if it weren't so obvious to anyone watching.

i'm referring to coach's comic strip - showing a MSM ref giving obama the win.

I didn't know anyone (aside from fox news' juan williams) taht gave romney the win.

FOX is a part of the mainstream media... so i guess he's right

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »
i'm referring to coach's comic strip - showing a MSM ref giving obama the win.

I didn't know anyone (aside from fox news' juan williams) taht gave romney the win.

FOX is a part of the mainstream media... so i guess he's right

What are you watching? It was all over the networks. Not only did Hannity play a clip with the network anchors, saying as much, but MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell went on rant, blasting the mainstream media for declaring Romney the winner.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »
What are you watching? It was all over the networks. Not only did Hannity play a clip with the network anchors, saying as much, but MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell went on rant, blasting the mainstream media for declaring Romney the winner.

did Lawrence the bedwetter ODonnell ever declare Obama the winner?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »
did Lawrence the bedwetter ODonnell ever declare Obama the winner?

He's parroting the "Romney is lying" talking point, too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
He's parroting the "Romney is lying" talking point, too.

But I didn't think larry the estrogen man was saying obama won.  I dont think anyone said that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
cite yours first  :P
I already did brainchild...

the issue of people going into debt to get a education in a qualitative field that does not have much demand for workers is totally seperate from the issue of making college loans available. i agree with you about th problem of students getting educations in fields that do not require workers and do no add much to the production of necessary goods and services.

dodd frank- increasing oversight of the financial industry in order to prevent irresponsible and sort sighted behaviors that can put the entire economy at risk.. thats what i like.
actually it does you take away students borrowing for shit degrees that take 10 years to pay back and you open up alot more money for those students wanting degrees that take 2 or 3 years to pay back.

LOL thats a nice talking point their drizzle but what behavior?

you are all talking points and no substance, you have listened to a few lectures and a watched a couple talking heads.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »
actually it does you take away students borrowing for shit degrees that take 10 years to pay back and you open up alot more money for those students wanting degrees that take 2 or 3 years to pay back.

you are all talking points and no substance, you have listened to a few lectures and a watched a couple talking heads.

QFT--- just like every other liberal turd who posts on this board.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 06:49:25 AM »
Benny - the ignorant empty high chair we saw on stage is the same worthless slug we have had as potus the last 4 years.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 07:19:39 AM »
Because he is a total moron with no business whatsoever engaging in a discussion about the financial services industry and the workings of Wall Street???  

The man has no education beyond high school and counts reps for a living.  ::)

I keep calling you out. You keep running. All you have is your lib cut and pastes but when questioned or confronted you bail. Easily one of the bigger cowards on here.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 07:33:23 AM »
I keep calling you out. You keep running. All you have is your lib cut and pastes but when questioned or confronted you bail. Easily one of the bigger cowards on here.

To be fair, you do your fair amount of regurgitation.   I don't think you've ever expressed an opinion that wasn't a popular circulating republican talking point.

A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 07:40:26 AM »
What?  ???

The subprime mortgage crisis and the chain reaction that lead up to the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers and the financial meltdown that followed immediately afterwards were caused by Dodd-Frank which was passed in 2010? There are so many legitimate criticisms that can be made about the disaster that is Dodd/Frank, so why do you feel the need to pull such nonsensical bullshit out of your ass instead?

You're correct, I was thinking of tha and called it dodd/frank, Regardless, it was still a disaster.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/10/dodd-frank_disaster.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
To be fair, you do your fair amount of regurgitation.   I don't think you've ever expressed an opinion that wasn't a popular circulating republican talking point.

Where do draw your assessments from? I do watch both sides (believe it or not) and have go with the side that makes the most sense and has the the most commonsense. I can't see the left having either.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
Where do draw your assessments from? I do watch both sides (believe it or not) and have go with the side that makes the most sense and has the the most commonsense. I can't see the left having either.

The cartoons you post, the insults you use, the comments you make on issues are right from right wing sources.  When you talked about the recent debate, you use the exact words I heard on Fox-nearly verbatim.

I call BennyB for the same shit. 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
The cartoons you post, the insults you use, the comments you make on issues are right from right wing sources.  When you talked about the recent debate, you use the exact words I heard on Fox-nearly verbatim.

I call BennyB for the same shit. 

He is like a parrot

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »

1) no, you didnt provide any source to negate my assertion. the fact is that the romney-ryan plan would take away medicare benefits for those eligible and give them vouchers instead. the obama plan keeps medicare benefits for those who are eligible and gives vouchers to those who arent eligible for medicare but cant afford to buy their own insurance. 

2) if your arguing that we ought to make it harder to get loans for qualitative fields of study and easier to get loans for quantitative fields, well i do agree and i never said anything to the contrary.  however, if you got the grades to get into college you can pretty much get a federal loan to cover tuition no matter what field you choose to go into.

3) what irresponsible business behaviors do i think should be regulated ??  the kinds of behaviors that produce the economiic meltdown we had in 4 years ago ! lol  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
1) no, you didnt provide any source to negate my assertion. the fact is that the romney-ryan plan would take away medicare benefits for those eligible and give them vouchers instead. the obama plan keeps medicare benefits for those who are eligible and gives vouchers to those who arent eligible for medicare but cant afford to buy their own insurance. 

2) if your arguing that we ought to make it harder to get loans for qualitative fields of study and easier to get loans for quantitative fields, well i do agree and i never said anything to the contrary.  however, if you got the grades to get into college you can pretty much get a federal loan to cover tuition no matter what field you choose to go into.

3) what irresponsible business behaviors do i think should be regulated ??  the kinds of behaviors that produce the economiic meltdown we had in 4 years ago ! lol  ;D
1) cite your source b/c mine says the opposite and Ill take their word over a sophomore kinesology majors.

2) just b/c you can do something doesnt make it a smart and prudent move. If your taking 100k out to get a job that pays 30K a year I dont really want to fucking hear it. Youre the dumb ass who took the debt on and you need to pay your shit back.

3) LOL again drizzle be specific, what behaviors?
you know the govt contributed to the melt down as well, why do you not want to put a check on the ideals that helped create that...you know the ideals you like to push?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
1) cite your source b/c mine says the opposite and Ill take their word over a sophomore kinesology majors.
cite my source for what exactly ?  the two plans are plain as day. Romney= repeal obamacare(individual mandate+vouchers for those who cant afford their own insurance)  and change medicare into a voucher system.  Obama= keep medicare as it is(no vouchers), and keep Obamacare (individual mandate+vouchers for those who cant afford insurance)   

2) just b/c you can do something doesnt make it a smart and prudent move. If your taking 100k out to get a job that pays 30K a year I dont really want to fucking hear it. Youre the dumb ass who took the debt on and you need to pay your shit back. this point, again, is something i agree with. why you decided to say it again, after i already said we agreed about it, i have no clue.

3) LOL again drizzle be specific, what behaviors?
you know the govt contributed to the melt down as well, why do you not want to put a check on the ideals that helped create that...you know the ideals you like to push?
i actually havent done much studying into the specifics of dodd frank but from what i do know it increases the power of the government to have oversight and regulate the financial industry.  what specific behaviors i think ought to be better regulated are underwriting standards on loans and  investment rating agencies (like those that called the sub prime loan bundles being sold to public employees retirement funds good investments). as far as me supporting the ideals that helped cause the crisis.. i dont think  i have ever called for the government to encourage banks to make bad loans to people who couldnt afford them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »

drizzle drizzle drizzle so you say its plain as day but cant cite one source?

my source contradicts you, so I think Ill stick with them.

So you dont know that behaviors dodd frank will help eliminate but you still think its a good thing?

They didnt call them good investments, the top teir of the bundles may have been given higher ratings but there were other levels that were not. you have a tenious grasp of the financial crisis and economics as a whole from our previous conversations.

You do from our previous conversations believe that ppl should have the right to a home. Well its that mentality that caused govt to institute legislation that forced banks hands in those loans that many ppl couldnt pay back drizzle.

banks are in the business of making money, do you really think that all of them would make loans the felt the ppl couldnt pay back unless forced to?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
okay, on the health care issue=

"Mr. Obama would expand Medicaid to cover millions more people; Mr. Romney would effectively shrink it, giving each state a fixed amount of federal money to cover its disadvantaged population with more control over eligibility and benefits. Mr. Romney would eventually give each Medicare beneficiary a fixed amount of federal money to pay premiums for either the traditional Medicare program or private insurance. Mr. Obama would preserve the structure of Medicare but try to rein in costs, in part by trimming payments to health care providers."

- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/health/policy/this-election-two-profoundly-different-visions-for-health-care.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »
okay, on the health care issue=

"Mr. Obama would expand Medicaid to cover millions more people; Mr. Romney would effectively shrink it, giving each state a fixed amount of federal money to cover its disadvantaged population with more control over eligibility and benefits. Mr. Romney would eventually give each Medicare beneficiary a fixed amount of federal money to pay premiums for either the traditional Medicare program or private insurance. Mr. Obama would preserve the structure of Medicare but try to rein in costs, in part by trimming payments to health care providers."

- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/health/policy/this-election-two-profoundly-different-visions-for-health-care.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
so what youre saying is he would give more money to the states and let them handle it instead of the federal govt doing it all?

what I read says he lowers federal benefits but gives more money to the states so state benefits go up.

how do you get he will cut back on coverage?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:24 PM »
the article says he wants to give beneficiaries a fixed amount of money and they can choose to use it to buy private insurance.

i never said he wanted to cut back on medicare.

what he would cut back on is the subsidies that obamacare provides to people who cant afford to buy their own insurance.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
the article says he wants to give beneficiaries a fixed amount of money and they can choose to use it to buy private insurance.

i never said he wanted to cut back on medicare.

what he would cut back on is the subsidies that obamacare provides to people who cant afford to buy their own insurance.
no it says that he would give them a fixed amount of FEDERAL money but would give more money to the states so they can distribute it.

what part of that do you not understand?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
your reading two different sentences and getting them mixed up  ;D