Author Topic: So high right now...  (Read 10649 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
So high right now...
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
All natural smokey green recovery....

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: So high right now...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
drugs are bad mmmok. In the other hand, I haven't drink in a year I really want to go out and taste some beer mmm :P

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
smoking will give u the greys  :-\

just eat it
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
eating pork rids

no homo

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
All natural smokey green recovery....

Marijuana?

"1"

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
Marijuana?

"1"

I think he got it from your nephew... ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »
good old mary jane

cheap satisfaction

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
almost 30.. have a few good friends that still smoke.

but most (maybe 85%) of people who still get high are immature and generally lifetime losers.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »
almost 30.. have a few good friends that still smoke.

but most (maybe 85%) of people who still get high are immature and generally lifetime losers.

They would probably still be losers without the weed.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
They say that addicts stop maturing mentally as long as they are actively addicted to something. It's some sort of defense mechanism the brain uses to make the continual use of drugs justifiable.

Not 100% sure if its true, but I definitely know I wasn't growing mentally because I would just flat out ignore what was going on around me to keep justifying why my using was ok, and not dealing with consequences or emotions = not maturing.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:54 PM »
R

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 07:39:34 PM »
Marijuana?

"1"

At least he isn't smoking cock.

HOOO

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
They say that addicts stop maturing mentally as long as they are actively addicted to something. It's some sort of defense mechanism the brain uses to make the continual use of drugs justifiable.

Not 100% sure if its true, but I definitely know I wasn't growing mentally because I would just flat out ignore what was going on around me to keep justifying why my using was ok, and not dealing with consequences or emotions = not maturing.
the reason why people usually stop maturing when using drugs all the time is exactly because they arent dealing with their emotions.  where you came up with the bit about a defense mechanism is beyond me.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
the reason why people usually stop maturing when using drugs all the time is exactly because they arent dealing with their emotions.  where you came up with the bit about a defense mechanism is beyond me.
It's one of the things they taught us in treatment.  It's a defense mechanism in that if you don't deal with the problems you're creating around you, you will not see how much damage your use is doing, and therefore you can keep using without regret (as the brain will do whatever it can to make use acceptable)

I know my brain always made up whatever excuse it could to make my use ok, so I can see where they came up with that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
LOL

okay i see where your coming from

the problem is the vast majority of treatment programs are complete bullshit.  dont get me wrong, they will work if you do the program. but the shit they feed you about the scientific causes and happenings is almost always factually incorrect and just plain silly. like the idea that having an addictive personality is a disease you cant cure yourself of.  :D 

as for you brain making up excuses, rationalizing your use. nope, sorry bro.. dont pass the blame. that rationalization and excuse-making was all you.  :)

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
It's one of the things they taught us in treatment.  It's a defense mechanism in that if you don't deal with the problems you're creating around you, you will not see how much damage your use is doing, and therefore you can keep using without regret (as the brain will do whatever it can to make use acceptable)

I know my brain always made up whatever excuse it could to make my use ok, so I can see where they came up with that.
This is generally true of most types of escapism.

Anyhow I wanna get high as shit right now. My urge to drink as kinda dropped.

However my desire to get fucked up is still greater than ever.

There's free weed down stairs, and the only thing holding me back is the chance an employer will drug test me.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
Quote from: tbombz

as for you brain making up excuses, rationalizing your use. nope, sorry bro.. dont pass the blame. that rationalization and excuse-making was all you.  :)
Yes, I know treatment programs are bullshit. But its helpful to gain an understanding of what you're doing, and why you're doing it.

And I'm pretty sure my brain is part of me, so yes I know it was me rationalizing and making excuses. The hard part is becoming self aware enough to understand these things.

And trust me dude, I've wrestled with this shit for the last 10 years. I don't need you to try and lecture me.  And yes, I know you have had some experience.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
but your brain is unable to think. it only affects thinking, it doesnt actually produce thought.  the point being= it wasnt your brain rationalizing. it was you. (making a distinction between you(the thinking being) and your brain(an organ that affects you)

NEXUS 6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
but your brain is unable to think. it only affects thinking, it doesnt actually produce thought.  the point being= it wasnt your brain rationalizing. it was you. (making a distinction between you(the thinking being) and your brain(an organ that affects you)

What the fuck are you talking about... your brain doesn't do your thinking? What does your thinking? Your liver?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about... your brain doesn't do your thinking? What does your thinking? Your liver?
;D  "i think, therefore i am" ..  brain doesnt think.. it affects thinking.. YOU think.. you are not an organ.. nor are you the surmass of all your bodyparts..  look to organisms that lack a brain but still function as if they have one.. for example bacteria.. bacteria think.. but no brain.. where does the thinking happen ??  ;D  thinking beings are prisoners in the flesh.. the flesh affects the thinking being.. the thinking being affects the flesh.. but they are not one in the same..

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »

but your brain is unable to think. it only affects thinking, it doesnt actually produce thought.  the point being= it wasnt your brain rationalizing. it was you. (making a distinction between you(the thinking being) and your brain(an organ that affects you)

1. What DOES produce thought, then? What is its relation to brains and why is it undetectable? How does it causally interact with brains? Why is it related to brains the way it is? What is its origin? Why is it related to brains and not, say, hearts? Why does the activity of brains limit what types of thought can be produced -- as brain lesion studies make clear -- if such thoughts are produced by ethereal, magical thought makers? Is it really necessary to posit thought producers above and beyond brains? How good of an explanation is it to attribute mentality to an undetectable entity with no proven causal impact on the world versus an object in the class of scientifically established, REAL objects whose causal impact is measurable and amenable to study?

2. If you want to attribute mentality to something above and beyond the brain, the only plausible entity around is the organism that possesses that brain. So, strictly speaking, we needn't say "my brain is in pain!" but rather "I am in pain!" even though brains are necessary for such mental states. But that doesn't at all mean you and I are magical floaty spirits that wisp about and are just renting the head space of an organism. In fact, this is a patently stupid idea -- unless you can develop compelling answers to the questions in (1), that is. We are organisms that have brains as parts.

;D  "i think, therefore i am" ..  brain doesnt think.. it affects thinking.. YOU think.. you are not an organ.. nor are you the surmass of all your bodyparts..  look to organisms that lack a brain but still function as if they have one.. for example bacteria.. bacteria think.. but no brain.. where does the thinking happen ??  ;D  thinking beings are prisoners in the flesh.. the flesh affects the thinking being.. the thinking being affects the flesh.. but they are not one in the same..

3. "I" is a personal pronoun which refers to conscious beings. If you agree with the dictum "I think, therefore I am" and also believe that bacteria think, you ought to believe that bacteria are conscious beings. Do you really think this?

4. Who says bacteria think, anyway? What do you mean by "think"? The people who study them certainly don't think this.

5. Hmm, it's hard to analyze the claim 'you aren't the surmass of your bodyparts' when 'surmass' isn't even a word. Maybe you can clarify this sentence for us?

6. You say that thinking beings are mere prisoners of flesh, and that flesh (matter) does not produce thought. This implies that thinking is an essentially immaterial activity and that by extension, thinkers are immaterial. Now, back to your bacteria: if thinkers are immaterial and bacteria think, then bacteria are immaterial. Do you really mean to say something to the effect that every bacteria is essentially a little soul that is just 'imprisoned' in some matter arranged bacteria-wise for a temporary time?

7. Maybe you'll bite the bullet and accept the proposition that your last steaming pile of shit was full of souls (which must be true if thinkers are immaterial souls and bacteria think). I haven't focused on logical inconsistencies, but on whether a theory that would lead to such a claim is the best theory on hand. But we can't even have that discussion until you develop such a theory, which entails developing plausible and mutually compatible answers for the questions in (1).

tl;dr You've presented terribly muddled thinking that leads to absurdity and the only hope would be to construct an amazing theory of mentality that saves dualist intuitions -- something nobody has ever done in 2,500+ years of philosophizing. And using made-up words leads to embarassing attempts at sounding smart. The end.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »
1. What DOES produce thought, then? What is its relation to brains and why is it undetectable? How does it causally interact with brains? Why is it related to brains the way it is? What is its origin? Why is it related to brains and not, say, hearts? Why does the activity of brains limit what types of thought can be produced -- as brain lesion studies make clear -- if such thoughts are produced by ethereal, magical thought makers? Is it really necessary to posit thought producers above and beyond brains? How good of an explanation is it to attribute mentality to an undetectable entity with no proven causal impact on the world versus an object in the class of scientifically established, REAL objects whose causal impact is measurable and amenable to study?

2. If you want to attribute mentality to something above and beyond the brain, the only plausible entity around is the organism that possesses that brain. So, strictly speaking, we needn't say "my brain is in pain!" but rather "I am in pain!" even though brains are necessary for such mental states. But that doesn't at all mean you and I are magical floaty spirits that wisp about and are just renting the head space of an organism. In fact, this is a patently stupid idea -- unless you can develop compelling answers to the questions in (1), that is. We are organisms that have brains as parts.

3. "I" is a personal pronoun which refers to conscious beings. If you agree with the dictum "I think, therefore I am" and also believe that bacteria think, you ought to believe that bacteria are conscious beings. Do you really think this?

4. Who says bacteria think, anyway? What do you mean by "think"? The people who study them certainly don't think this.

5. Hmm, it's hard to analyze the claim 'you aren't the surmass of your bodyparts' when 'surmass' isn't even a word. Maybe you can clarify this sentence for us?

6. You say that thinking beings are mere prisoners of flesh, and that flesh (matter) does not produce thought. This implies that thinking is an essentially immaterial activity and that by extension, thinkers are immaterial. Now, back to your bacteria: if thinkers are immaterial and bacteria think, then bacteria are immaterial. Do you really mean to say something to the effect that every bacteria is essentially a little soul that is just 'imprisoned' in some matter arranged bacteria-wise for a temporary time?

7. Maybe you'll bite the bullet and accept the proposition that your last steaming pile of shit was full of souls (which must be true if thinkers are immaterial souls and bacteria think). I haven't focused on logical inconsistencies, but on whether a theory that would lead to such a claim is the best theory on hand. But we can't even have that discussion until you develop such a theory, which entails developing plausible and mutually compatible answers for the questions in (1).

tl;dr You've presented terribly muddled thinking that leads to absurdity and the only hope would be to construct an amazing theory of mentality that saves dualist intuitions -- something nobody has ever done in 2,500+ years of philosophizing. And using made-up words leads to embarassing attempts at sounding smart. The end.

LOL

the fact of the matter is that the nature of consciousness is still a complete mystery

neuroscience in no way explains the human experience, or thought in general.

do i think bacteria are conscious? absolutely. we evolve from them. so i think it necessarily logical that they possess at the very least some form of consciousness.

yes, i think dualism the most plausible explanation for life and the physical universe.

and while you are completely able to argue against any assertion made about the existence of a soul, that in no way disproves it. and any assertion made to deny the existence of the soul can also be argued, but again that in no way proves it.

in the end, i feel as if i cause things to happen. thus, i believe in causality. thus, i believe there is a cause to life. ;)   think it over ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28:14 AM »

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:34 AM »
tbombz is a poof right ?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:20 AM »