Author Topic: Dont Marry  (Read 12862 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Dont Marry
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
Don't get me wrong DP, lonliness is not the motivator for raising kids, however the company they bring in your later years is a reward for putting them first and being unselfish for years in the first place.

TEAM GREAT ASS AND FACE
My grandfather had ten kids, he died alone, divorced his wife after 43 years and was hated by all of the children who never once visited him in his old age - He went to war, worked hard all his life raising the children (including my father) and was a hard old school English father.  My Father, same deal, he had five kids (including me) divorced his wife after 43 years, moved to the country and is pretty much hated by the whole family (I am the only one who has remained on good terms with him), but he is in his 70's now, he doesn't want to see his family at all and will presumably die alone, bitter and angry, just like his Father.  Both my mother and father wish they had never married, my Mother now believes marriage is unnatural and after 43 years married doesn't understand why people get married in the first place.  Both my parents will die alone and miserable, after having many kids and a long marriage.

Marriage and children isn't always what it is cracked up to be!

V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
"its a no brainer, don't get married"....

That doesn't fit everyone. Some guys are wired to be single, some guys are wired to be married. The ones that can figure out which one they are, are the ones who struggle.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
You are making an assumption that your kids will check up on you....unless you'll leave em some money, that is.

I've recently witnessed a brutal example of kids not taking care of their parent. In fact, the son literally drugged his father to death legally... in order to get his house and land. (didn't work)  ON the other hand, between my brother and I, we would both gladly take my Dad in when the time comes that he can't care for himself. He's 84 and still rocking and rolling.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Marriage,is a joke!!! Dont get married.Look atHoward he has been married 4 times, and gues, what he still hasnt learned, lol.The reason why he was married 4 times, is women are bitches!!!!
Howard is a nice guy, but Jesus, after 4 times you think he would learn.lol.
If you havent been married, dont get married.
I dont want to sound negative but I honstly can say I dont know any man who is happily maried.
Once you get married, women cut sex in half, they start trying to control and change you.
You see, men want women to stay the same they were the first 3 months of the relationship, sex everydy, she is fun and exciting,.Women want to change you into the guy she wants you to be.
A woman thinks its her job to fix you, I am dead serious.Women all think men need to be fixed.
Most men dont need to be fixed, but women do, lol.
Listen, I dont care how good of a husband you are, you just cant win.
The best thing you can do is date them, and drive it like you stole it.
When you get married ost women gain weight, then blame you off course.
In as good as it gets Jack Nichols said it best.
Take accountabliity and reason and there you have a woman.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
I've recently witnessed a brutal example of kids not taking care of their parent. In fact, the son literally drugged his father to death legally... in order to get his house and land. (didn't work)  ON the other hand, between my brother and I, we would both gladly take my Dad in when the time comes that he can't care for himself. He's 84 and still rocking and rolling.
Thats sad. I hope he gets the book thrown at him. People who disrespect their parents get to me. Also, when grown kids keep getting into trouble and their elderly parents continually get them out of trouble, sometimes losing their homes in the process.

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
Marriage,is a joke!!! Dont get married.Look atHoward he has been married 4 times, and gues, what he still hasnt learned, lol.The reason why he was married 4 times, is women are bitches!!!!
Howard is a nice guy, but Jesus, after 4 times you think he would learn.lol.
If you havent been married, dont get married.
I dont want to sound negative but I honstly can say I dont know any man who is happily maried.
Once you get married, women cut sex in half, they start trying to control and change you.
You see, men want women to stay the same they were the first 3 months of the relationship, sex everydy, she is fun and exciting,.Women want to change you into the guy she wants you to be.
A woman thinks its her job to fix you, I am dead serious.Women all think men need to be fixed.
Most men dont need to be fixed, but women do, lol.
Listen, I dont care how good of a husband you are, you just cant win.
The best thing you can do is date them, and drive it like you stole it.
When you get married ost women gain weight, then blame you off course.
In as good as it gets Jack Nichols said it best.
Take accountabliity and reason and there you have a woman.

The other side of the question: Who wants sex everyday with the same woman after long years, decades?! Unnatural and bad for test levels.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
Never understood why you get married as a guy.

And never understood the phrase "afraid of commitment" which women often say. I'd say it's a perfectly rational fear and don't see why you should judge someone who doesn't want to make promises.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »
What did you go to prison for the first time?

grievance bodily harm with intent

Or as they call it in Germany

Vorsätzliche schwere Koerperverletzung

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
Well, that's good...
Hopefully, when they realize that taking care you two when your old costs more than shipping you off to a old folks home, then you'll realize "the bottom line is worth more than love"

****I'm being sarcastic, I hope it doesn't happen, but I've heard the same thing said (you just said) from many of old folks.
My folks have been married for 45 yrs, my dad is 70, my mother is 69, I plan on being there for them, just as they were for me.
Believe me...we are already financially prepared to handle our own care when that time comes even though my daughter insists that "we would live with her family" if it gets to the point of me and her mom not being able to take care of ourselves...but that is 50-60 years away I hope...lol

As far as my mom is concerned, I would never put her in an "old folks home".  Either me or my brother would take her in if need be (if that time comes).  She is kinda ornery though so it might be a tough battle...lol

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
If your with "the one" you will want to marry her...

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
Fuck em and leave em bros, it's the best of both worlds.... ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
If your with "the one" you will want to marry her...

Yes "you", not everybody

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »
marriage isnt for everyone.
 It's for faithful christians, if you re not a faithful christian, you ll ruin your marriage.

Lol at people marying without even being christian nor having read the Bible ever.

Again, succesful mariages arent for everyone, as simple as that.

Many are called, but few are chosen.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
 It's for faithful christians, if you re not a faithful christian, you ll ruin your marriage.

Lol at people marying without even being christian nor having read the Bible ever.

I have known many a Christian that does not follow Him in private, but only in public.  You need not be Christian to be a good person, to love your husband or wife and that is the truth of it.  A successful marriage can be for everyone.  The deciding factor is whether or not those involved in said marriage work toward it.

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »

And a party can be christian yet still get divorced, what is your point?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »

Just for  a second, I thought you were serious  ;)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »

You crack me up, man.

Longest running schtick in the history of GB.
G

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
My grandfather had ten kids, he died alone, divorced his wife after 43 years and was hated by all of the children who never once visited him in his old age - He went to war, worked hard all his life raising the children (including my father) and was a hard old school English father.  My Father, same deal, he had five kids (including me) divorced his wife after 43 years, moved to the country and is pretty much hated by the whole family (I am the only one who has remained on good terms with him), but he is in his 70's now, he doesn't want to see his family at all and will presumably die alone, bitter and angry, just like his Father.  Both my mother and father wish they had never married, my Mother now believes marriage is unnatural and after 43 years married doesn't understand why people get married in the first place.  Both my parents will die alone and miserable, after having many kids and a long marriage.

Marriage and children isn't always what it is cracked up to be!

Both cases would have been different if the grandpa and dad manned up and stayed with their family?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
A good marriage is all about having the same intentions, and it has not been proven that believers have better intentions than non believers.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »

I don't agree with this statement.

Christian's (who are walking the walk, as well as talking the talk) have an advantage in marraige, as it's God's invention and they have a relationship with the same God, who can help them form a strong lasting bond.

But, God's laws apply to the sinner as well. By that I mean that even the unrighteous unbeliever can have a successful marriage if they apply God's instructions to love, forgive, be faithful, not love money, be honest etc etc.

A verse in Proverbs, says the sun shines on the righteous and the unrighteous - meaning if anyone, not just christians sow good things they will reap good things.

I sense a lot of pride in your statement uberman.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Human Beings are polygamists(in the single status context) by nature. It goes against the laws of human nature to marry and commit to only one person.

That being said, I can't wait to be officially divorced in January.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »
Human Beings are polygamists(in the single status context) by nature. It goes against the laws of human nature to marry and commit to only one person.

That being said, I can't wait to be officially divorced in January.

So true, and I'm happy for you (who started "cheating"?)

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
I have a general dislike for all humans, especially that of the vagina variety. Fortunately, maintaining close relations with breathing organisms isn't part of my natural inclination.

I'm surprised marriage hasn't distilled down to a game of Russian roulette, where one awaits the breaking point of a spouse to unleash homicidal fury.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
I don't agree with this statement.

Christian's (who are walking the walk, as well as talking the talk) have an advantage in marraige, as it's God's invention and they have a relationship with the same God, who can help them form a strong lasting bond.

But, God's laws apply to the sinner as well. By that I mean that even the unrighteous unbeliever can have a successful marriage if they apply God's instructions to love, forgive, be faithful, not love money, be honest etc etc.

A verse in Proverbs, says the sun shines on the righteous and the unrighteous - meaning if anyone, not just christians sow good things they will reap good things.

I sense a lot of pride in your statement uberman.

You confused pride with sarcasm..

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »
So true, and I'm happy for you (who started "cheating"?)

We were both guilty of it...Not sure who started it, to be honest.