Author Topic: Adam & Eve - How did the world populate?  (Read 28503 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: ADAM&EVE
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »
lol no they're not. I have two bibles at home and they are different.

Do you have any idea how many editions of the bible there are? It's not just 'how things are worded' or translated (or rather mistranslated) but how things are deliberately added or manipulated or worded. Whole stories forged.

Damn.. well I can't argue with someone with such blind faith.

The bible comes from the word biblios in latin. Book. It is composed of many different 'books' and letters. These 'books' and letters are found scattered in parchments. Of these 'books' there are some that are included in some bibles and some that are not included, some that are not included at all yet are scripture both in OT and NT. The church decided which of these 'books' and letters to include and not include for instance.

These parchments you are arguing about I bet you never even saw them, obviously wouldn't know how to read them or understand them.

People who studied hebrew, konic greek attended seminaries and even saw with their own eyes these things know far more than you do and I'll take their word over your blind faith.

Don't get me wrong. I believe in God almighty and these writings include things from God, things from prophets, things from humans, things from rabbis, things from historians, things fromscribes and things from frauds but they are not 'the word of God'.

The king james bible was erronous yet became 'standard' bible of the time and won over.

Despite these things they still decided to keep certain statements and forgeries/later additions because of their 'acceptance'.
Oh my did you even read my post those Bibles you mentioned are from the devil just like the Koran, and just like the Koran there are contradictions cause they come from satan himself there is only 1 true Bible and that is the King James Bible

Bro people have studied the Dead Sea scrolls extensively and they are equal to today`s modern day King James, identical, get over it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
lol you make me laugh what a guy  ;D Theologians are the devil because they expose forgeries and inconsistencies that's hilarious. And of course that slick touch of KORAAN IS OF DE DEVILZ! Because you never read it :)

Well I r disappoint, I thought you were a person that liked to read and learn I guess not. May God guide you ameen.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
lol you make me laugh what a guy  ;D Theologians are the devil because they expose forgeries and inconsistencies that's hilarious. And of course that slick touch of KORAAN IS OF DE DEVILZ! Because you never read it :)

Well I r disappoint, I thought you were a person that liked to read and learn I guess not. May God guide you ameen.
So be it....

DOESN`T CHANGE THE FACT THAT IF A DOCUMENT 2000 YEARS AGO SAYS BNJEVBEKEG AND A DOCUMENT TODAY SAYS BNJEVBEKEG THEN THAT MEANS IT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED, SO ADMIT YOU WHERE WRONG, BE A MAN.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
The Dead Sea scrolls?  LOL!!

Even Chumlee on "Pawn Stars" would know those things are fake.
a

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »

actually, you cant explain it. i dare you to try.  :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »

Dollar goes in, soda comes out you can't explain that .

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:26 PM »
Well you certainly got the Jesus one wrong
oh really ?   evidence outside of the new testament that points towards his existence ?  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

Wait? What?  Where does this happen? Madness!!
a

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
;D i literally LOL'd  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
Rhode Island. Neither a road or an island. You can't explain that.
a

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »
What are you on about? Dont have time for your trolling today, the point of the meme is that Oreillys dumbass is referring to an inexplicable phenomenon as proof of god which has been scientifically understood for hundreds of years.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
Shouldnt have taken the bait, tbombz has shown an epic overconfidence in knowledge in areas where he has no clue. This is not a peraon with a state of mind that can be reasoned with.
follow the arrows

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
The Dead Sea scrolls?  LOL!!

Even Chumlee on "Pawn Stars" would know those things are fake.
Clap Clap Clap, stupidest post of the year, ya some random dude on getbig is going to educate all these experts across the globe that have estimated the scrolls to be worth Billions and Billions of dollars, no not millions, Billions.

Ya they are so fake, that`s why if you offered 10 billion dollars your offer would be rejected. They where found in Qumran in a cave where thousands of archaeologist have flocked to since and have spent years and million upon million of dollars excavating other caves and have found a total of 11 caves containing scrolls, in 1 cave a lone 1 scroll is estimated to be worth 3 billion dollars, wow pretty expensive for a fake scroll, get real man.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
Rhode Island. Neither a road or an island. You can't explain that.

When I flush the water comes back , you can't explain that .

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
oh really ?   evidence outside of the new testament that points towards his existence ?  ;D
No Problem  ;)

More information has survived about Jesus Christ than most other ancient figures. Yet few historical persons have ever had their existence as questioned and as researched. One result of all that research is that information about Christ, from sources other than the Bible, is readily accessible by the common person for nearly the first time in history.

Unfortunately, this information and other material which refers to Christ seldom makes it into our learning cycle. Almost any material with significant reference to Christ or the Bible can be classified as religion and thus be summarily censored out of all events, displays, or institutions touched by government-allocated tax dollars. And the areas touched by tax dollars broaden every year.

Therefore, because taxpayer-funded expressions of Christ currently seem limited to extreme commentaries like crucifixes submerged in jars of urine, and scowling portraits of Jesus painted with an artist's own feces, the paths by which we have been left to learn any facts about the historical life and times of Jesus are either through churches, private institutions, or self-study.

The world deals differently with Jesus than with other historical figures and rightly so. Jesus made bigger claims and had a bigger impact than all the others. Jesus claimed to be God incarnate and left this world with the original Schwarzenegger-styled promise of "I'll be back". Even if our tax dollars seem to favor Christ's critics, it is not necessarily wrong to hold Christ up to a higher standard. Raising the standards was one of his clearest messages.

2.2 The testimonies from hostile sources.

In the case for Christ, the value of evidence, particularly from hostile sources, is tremendous. Hostile sources are considered to be those who were definitely not followers of Christ; i.e., people who clearly were not out to propagate favorable belief in him. The fact that hostile sources cite Christ, as well as cite other New Testament personages and events, is evidence for both the existence of Christ and the general veracity of the Bible.

The important point of hearing the corroborating testimony by non-Christians writing in Christ's own era, and shortly thereafter, is simply the acknowledgment of Christ's existence. Naturally, because all of the proceeding testimony comes from people who did not conclude him to be God, it does not deal with Christ as favorably or thoroughly as writings by those who did.

It is also categorically true that proof of Jesus' divinity will not be found in writings that qualify as hostile. This is because if some ancient writer had seen and confirmed his miracles or realized his fulfillment of prophecy and then recorded "Yes, Christ actually did this or that which his followers speak of", that writer would no longer be considered hostile by today's skeptic. Right?

Therefore, only writers who reference Christ offhandedly or in a negative way are sources whom skeptics are likely to accept as neutral observers. Hence we are left with a collection of writings that, though by nature lack clear confirmation of Christ's deity, do at least confirm he walked the earth for even his enemies to see.

-- FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS

Josephus was a Jewish historian who was born around AD 38. He served Roman commander Vespasian in Jerusalem until the city's destruction in AD 70. Josephus personally believed Vespasian to be Israel's promised Messiah. When Vespasian later became emperor of Rome, Josephus served under him as court historian. 2 In AD 93, Josephus finished his work Antiquities of the Jews in which at least three passages specifically confirm portions of Scripture:

But to some of the Jews the destruction of Herod's army seemed to be divine vengeance, and certainly a just vengeance, for his treatment of John, surnamed the Baptist. For Herod had put him to death, though he was a good man and had exhorted the Jews to lead righteous lives, to practice justice towards their fellows and piety towards God, and so doing to join in baptism. 3

...convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others. He accused them of having transgressed the law and delivered them up to be stoned. 4

At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive;... 5

-- PLINIUS SECUNDUS (Pliny the Younger)

Pliny was the governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor. Much of his correspondence has survived including a particular letter written circa AD 112 to the Roman emperor Trajan. This letter does not reference Christ directly, but it does establish several beliefs and practices of early Christians. This includes their loyalty to Christ even when it cost them their lives. Pliny's letter states:

In the meantime, the method I have observed towards those who have been denounced to me as Christians is this: I interrogated them whether they were in fact Christians; if they confessed it, I repeated the question twice, adding the threat of capital punishment; if they still persevered, I ordered them to be executed.

...They affirmed, however, that the whole of their guilt, or their error, was that they were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to perform any wicked deed, never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to make it good; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food - but food of an ordinary and innocent kind. 6

-- CORNELIUS TACITUS

Tacitus was a senator under Emperor Vespasian and later became governor of Asia. Around AD 116 in his work entitled Annals, he wrote of Emperor Nero and a fire which had swept Rome in AD 64:

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate, and a most mischievous superstition thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome... 7

-- GAIUS SUETONIUS TRANQUILLAS

Suetonius was a chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian writing around AD 120 in his work Life of Claudius:

Because the Jews at Rome caused continuous disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from the city. 8

-- LUCIAN

Lucian, the Greek satirist, wrote this rather scathing attack in The Death of Peregrine circa AD 170:

The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day - the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account... You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed upon them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. 9

-- THE TALMUD

The Talmud is essentially the collection of Jewish oral traditions that were put into writing with additional commentary between the years of AD 70 and 200. From the Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 43a includes:

On the eve of Passover they hanged Yeshu. And an announcer went out, in front of him, for forty days (saying): 'He is going to be stoned because he practiced sorcery and enticed and led Israel astray. Anyone who knows anything in his favor, let him come and plead in his behalf.' But, not having found anything in his favor, they hanged him on the eve of the Passover. 10

The facts in this passage are somewhat difficult to assimilate. Although Yeshu is referring to Jesus, the announcement that he was to be stoned (a lethal punishment) is followed by the statement that he was hanged (crucified). One possible explanation is that the Jewish leadership's call for his stoning preceded his eventual arrest by at least those forty days. This would be consistent with Scripture's accounts of his numerous near-stonings (John 10:31-33, 11:8).

Jesus' death by crucifixion may have then just been a matter of Roman involvement in the affair. Perhaps it is more likely that his sudden crucifixion (which immediately followed his arrest and dubious midnight trial) was gladly allowed by the Jewish leaders to pre-empt the normal forty day holding period for a condemned man. The leaders may have feared that, during this time, Jesus' followers might have been able to organize his release or stir up an outcry against them.

There are more yet

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
This thread is a complete clusterfuck.
follow the arrows

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
This thread is a complete clusterfuck.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
What are you on about? Dont have time for your trolling today, the point of the meme is that Oreillys dumbass is referring to an inexplicable phenomenon as proof of god which has been scientifically understood for hundreds of years.
oh really? and what exactly is understood?

( X causes Y... but what caused X ?  ) ;)   :-*

No Problem  ;)

More information has survived about Jesus Christ than most other ancient figures. Yet few historical persons have ever had their existence as questioned and as researched. One result of all that research is that information about Christ, from sources other than the Bible, is readily accessible by the common person for nearly the first time in history.

Unfortunately, this information and other material which refers to Christ seldom makes it into our learning cycle. Almost any material with significant reference to Christ or the Bible can be classified as religion and thus be summarily censored out of all events, displays, or institutions touched by government-allocated tax dollars. And the areas touched by tax dollars broaden every year.

Therefore, because taxpayer-funded expressions of Christ currently seem limited to extreme commentaries like crucifixes submerged in jars of urine, and scowling portraits of Jesus painted with an artist's own feces, the paths by which we have been left to learn any facts about the historical life and times of Jesus are either through churches, private institutions, or self-study.

The world deals differently with Jesus than with other historical figures and rightly so. Jesus made bigger claims and had a bigger impact than all the others. Jesus claimed to be God incarnate and left this world with the original Schwarzenegger-styled promise of "I'll be back". Even if our tax dollars seem to favor Christ's critics, it is not necessarily wrong to hold Christ up to a higher standard. Raising the standards was one of his clearest messages.

2.2 The testimonies from hostile sources.

In the case for Christ, the value of evidence, particularly from hostile sources, is tremendous. Hostile sources are considered to be those who were definitely not followers of Christ; i.e., people who clearly were not out to propagate favorable belief in him. The fact that hostile sources cite Christ, as well as cite other New Testament personages and events, is evidence for both the existence of Christ and the general veracity of the Bible.

The important point of hearing the corroborating testimony by non-Christians writing in Christ's own era, and shortly thereafter, is simply the acknowledgment of Christ's existence. Naturally, because all of the proceeding testimony comes from people who did not conclude him to be God, it does not deal with Christ as favorably or thoroughly as writings by those who did.

It is also categorically true that proof of Jesus' divinity will not be found in writings that qualify as hostile. This is because if some ancient writer had seen and confirmed his miracles or realized his fulfillment of prophecy and then recorded "Yes, Christ actually did this or that which his followers speak of", that writer would no longer be considered hostile by today's skeptic. Right?

Therefore, only writers who reference Christ offhandedly or in a negative way are sources whom skeptics are likely to accept as neutral observers. Hence we are left with a collection of writings that, though by nature lack clear confirmation of Christ's deity, do at least confirm he walked the earth for even his enemies to see.

-- FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS

Josephus was a Jewish historian who was born around AD 38. He served Roman commander Vespasian in Jerusalem until the city's destruction in AD 70. Josephus personally believed Vespasian to be Israel's promised Messiah. When Vespasian later became emperor of Rome, Josephus served under him as court historian. 2 In AD 93, Josephus finished his work Antiquities of the Jews in which at least three passages specifically confirm portions of Scripture:

But to some of the Jews the destruction of Herod's army seemed to be divine vengeance, and certainly a just vengeance, for his treatment of John, surnamed the Baptist. For Herod had put him to death, though he was a good man and had exhorted the Jews to lead righteous lives, to practice justice towards their fellows and piety towards God, and so doing to join in baptism. 3

...convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others. He accused them of having transgressed the law and delivered them up to be stoned. 4

At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive;... 5

-- PLINIUS SECUNDUS (Pliny the Younger)

Pliny was the governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor. Much of his correspondence has survived including a particular letter written circa AD 112 to the Roman emperor Trajan. This letter does not reference Christ directly, but it does establish several beliefs and practices of early Christians. This includes their loyalty to Christ even when it cost them their lives. Pliny's letter states:

In the meantime, the method I have observed towards those who have been denounced to me as Christians is this: I interrogated them whether they were in fact Christians; if they confessed it, I repeated the question twice, adding the threat of capital punishment; if they still persevered, I ordered them to be executed.

...They affirmed, however, that the whole of their guilt, or their error, was that they were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to perform any wicked deed, never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to make it good; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food - but food of an ordinary and innocent kind. 6

-- CORNELIUS TACITUS

Tacitus was a senator under Emperor Vespasian and later became governor of Asia. Around AD 116 in his work entitled Annals, he wrote of Emperor Nero and a fire which had swept Rome in AD 64:

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate, and a most mischievous superstition thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome... 7

-- GAIUS SUETONIUS TRANQUILLAS

Suetonius was a chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian writing around AD 120 in his work Life of Claudius:

Because the Jews at Rome caused continuous disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from the city. 8

-- LUCIAN

Lucian, the Greek satirist, wrote this rather scathing attack in The Death of Peregrine circa AD 170:

The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day - the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account... You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed upon them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. 9

-- THE TALMUD

The Talmud is essentially the collection of Jewish oral traditions that were put into writing with additional commentary between the years of AD 70 and 200. From the Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 43a includes:

On the eve of Passover they hanged Yeshu. And an announcer went out, in front of him, for forty days (saying): 'He is going to be stoned because he practiced sorcery and enticed and led Israel astray. Anyone who knows anything in his favor, let him come and plead in his behalf.' But, not having found anything in his favor, they hanged him on the eve of the Passover. 10

The facts in this passage are somewhat difficult to assimilate. Although Yeshu is referring to Jesus, the announcement that he was to be stoned (a lethal punishment) is followed by the statement that he was hanged (crucified). One possible explanation is that the Jewish leadership's call for his stoning preceded his eventual arrest by at least those forty days. This would be consistent with Scripture's accounts of his numerous near-stonings (John 10:31-33, 11:8).

Jesus' death by crucifixion may have then just been a matter of Roman involvement in the affair. Perhaps it is more likely that his sudden crucifixion (which immediately followed his arrest and dubious midnight trial) was gladly allowed by the Jewish leaders to pre-empt the normal forty day holding period for a condemned man. The leaders may have feared that, during this time, Jesus' followers might have been able to organize his release or stir up an outcry against them.

There are more yet
the problem with offering those as sources is that the consensus among historians is that those have been tampered with by the church in order to provide some evidence outside of the bible for the existence of jesus

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »
Shouldnt have taken the bait, tbombz has shown an epic overconfidence in knowledge in areas where he has no clue. This is not a peraon with a state of mind that can be reasoned with.
I apologize for this comment, I went overboard. Sorry.

I don't wish to debate the topic tonigh- I told you what the straightforward meaning of it was, lets leave it at that.

follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »

I don't wish to debate the topic tonigh- I told you what the straightforward meaning of it was, lets leave it at that.

i get the meaning, but the meaning misses the point. o'reilly was talking about that concept of ultimate causality when he made that comment. and making fun of him as if the question of ultimate causality is an answerable one is just plain ignorant.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
a

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

That part is clear, you have said NOTHING so far  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
oh really? and what exactly is understood?

( X causes Y... but what caused X ?  ) ;)   :-*

the problem with offering those as sources is that the consensus among historians is that those have been tampered with by the church in order to provide some evidence outside of the bible for the existence of jesus
Nope not true, these sources are used on Biblical topics in universities, theologians across the globe accept these as valid history, even the non-Christian theologians.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
i get the meaning, but the meaning misses the point. o'reilly was talking about that concept of ultimate causality when he made that comment. and making fun of him as if the question of ultimate causality is an answerable one is just plain ignorant.
no he wasn't, he gave other examples of what you may call 'secondary phenomenon' as proofs of God. you already know my stance on 'proofs of god' so no point in rehashing old arguments.

That part is clear, you have said NOTHING so far  ;)
Better than spouting off nonsense  ;) Now don't get your panties in a bunch about the jesus thing, I do believe he existed.
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
no he wasn't, he gave other examples of what you may call 'secondary phenomenon' as proofs of God. you already know my stance on 'proofs of god' so no point in rehashing old arguments.

im not trying to prove god exists. im just saying that you can not explain natural phenomena. you can only give an observed mechanistic history that led up to the event, but no assertion about causality can ever be made.