Author Topic: Is this some kind if joke? This is not heavyweight boxing  (Read 7412 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Is this some kind if joke? This is not heavyweight boxing
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »
Oh brother, I have the feeling that if Price was black you would be sucking his cock - just a guess.
No no my friend if you notice I stated Audrey should no be in the ring
Listen a good boxer is a good boxer I don't care about colour ...
choice is an illusion

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 06:06:44 AM »
All current and future HW talent is/will be in the NFL and NBA.  

This baseless theory is designed to make Americans, particularly blacks, feel better about losing their dominance in boxing.  The same argument could be made for soccer in Europe.  Every European kid would rather be a soccer player than a boxer, by a wide margin.
A

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 06:07:03 AM »

I dont think youd find any knowledgeable British boxing fan who would have said Fraudley belonged in the ring in the last 5 years or more.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 06:08:53 AM »
I always bet on the black guy.
O

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:12 AM »
I wonder when I see these really big guys... Lewis, The Klits and now Price. The all seem to have that really upright, lean back and keep your opponent away while pawing with that left hand stance .Really big guys who just use that size advantage to their benefit and are able to keep the smaller guys from barely even punching them at times. It almost seems like a throwback to the fighting styles of a century or more ago. I wonder when I see this if an Under 6 footer who comes in right around 200 or 210 pounds will ever have a chance to take the belt back? That's ALOT of size to give up!

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »
This baseless theory is designed to make Americans, particularly blacks, feel better about losing their dominance in boxing.  The same argument could be made for soccer in Europe.  Every European kid would rather be a soccer player than a boxer, by a wide margin.

how many potential soccer players have the frame to box at any weight above 154?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
I dont think youd find any knowledgeable British boxing fan who would have said Fraudley belonged in the ring in the last 5 years or more.
This
choice is an illusion

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »

Lol, no offence intended Meso. Exactly, AH shouldn't even be in the history books lol he's a waster. It's a shame with bouts like these that noone comes out of it looking too shiny, hats of to Price for a terrific right hand but it was hardly a challenge for him to land the shot and Harrison is a straight up BUM.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 06:29:49 AM »
how many potential soccer players have the frame to box at any weight above 154?

Wouldn't know but that isn't the point.  The big problem with this theory is that it was dreamed up by a sports commentator and has absolutely zero statistical data to back it up.  It is, as the wise will brink would say, total bro science and completely ethnocentric.   People believe it because at first glance it appears sound, but the reality is that there is no proof that this theory is true.
A

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 06:39:42 AM »
Lol, no offence intended Meso. Exactly, AH shouldn't even be in the history books lol he's a waster. It's a shame with bouts like these that noone comes out of it looking too shiny, hats of to Price for a terrific right hand but it was hardly a challenge for him to land the shot and Harrison is a straight up BUM.
Price vs fury would make a more interesting fight
IMO
choice is an illusion

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
Price vs fury would make a more interesting fight
IMO

Both are fighters who use their huge reach well, so it would be a good bout to see how they would adapt to having to defend that tactic as well as use it, plus fury may go southpaw to mix it up. Doubt we'll see that bout unless Fury gets a couple of bad losses, then he'll be begging to fight price imo

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »
NO Claffy why I said its not boxing is
1 they looked like they was playing patty cake
2 Audrey Harrison didnt throw one punch just like his last fight with david Haye
3 fight looked gay
4 would you pay to watch that nonsense
5 both box (and I use the term box lightly) like shit
6 Audrey Harrison is clearly mentally no longer a fighter why is he in the ring

Well clearly alot of people did pay to watch it since it was packed out...
Maybe you just dont know much about HW boxing matches, or that alot of 1st rounds in fights can be cagey like this ::)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
I remember when he started getting shit about his quality of opposition he appeared on They Think It's All Over. He had a joking argument with Nick Hancock and then stood up as if to expect Nick to cower in fear, Nick however rose to the challenge and shouted something along the lines of "I'll be the hardest fucking fight youve ever had!" ha ha

Pure gold  ;D

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
That's because the NFL is trying it's very best to outlaw defense, and turn into the NBA.  The passing game is what the NFL is all about for the last decade if not more. And College Football follows the NFL's lead.

And there are scouts everywhere compared to 20 years ago, it's a different world, sports are multi-billion dollar empires. Every kid with size that can run is recruited from 12 years old on, so today's Muhummad Ali's and Lennox lewis's are all catching passes as tight ends, or are linebackers these days

On a side note, that's one thing i like about these replacement Refs, they let them play a hell of a lot more.  A lot less bullshit ticky-tack  calls.
 Bullshit . In fact past decades there where practicly no real heavyweights  fighting hence the champs where in the 190 pound range . You also had two generations of euros slaughtered in two world wars . The heavyweighty devision is just fine . PS For the record the devision and boxing in general was so weak in the 60s that ALI was credited with saving it .

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
Both are fighters who use their huge reach well, so it would be a good bout to see how they would adapt to having to defend that tactic as well as use it, plus fury may go southpaw to mix it up. Doubt we'll see that bout unless Fury gets a couple of bad losses, then he'll be begging to fight price imo

fury is shit

price would own him inside a round
T

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »
The same can be said about bbing. The genetic elite will go where the money is---NFL, NBA, T&F. Who'd really want to go into a sport where BMX racers and surfers make more money?
Also, I think there might be a surplus of young males who, if they weren't locked up or going in and out jail or juvi, would be great boxers---if they took to it, that is.
Many people don't want to step into the ring and get hit---and wind up like Muhammad Ali.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
Well clearly alot of people did pay to watch it since it was packed out...
Maybe you just dont know much about HW boxing matches, or that alot of 1st rounds in fights can be cagey like this ::)

This world is filled with muppets if you sold shit in a bag someone would buy it so I don't see your point
 Did you know the last fight audley Harrison had which was with Haye he nearly lost his purse why because he didnt throw one fucking punch... Why would any sensible person pay to watch that Claffy again ... That's what I'm getting at....
Just to clarify my knowledge of heavyweight boxing and boxing in general is quite extensive..
I'm just not a sheep ... And use my own brain and eyes That fight was shit.
You see better boxing In an amateur boxing gym

choice is an illusion

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »
This world is filled with muppets if you sold shit in a bag someone would buy it so I don't see your point

If there is demand for shit in a bag, you bet there will be someone selling it.

Just as there are many who pays to see this.

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
as an amateur pricey used to work the door of a mate of mines boozer on county road- the Brick (formerly the Red Brick but my mate is an Everton lad so scratched the name Red off forever). He is a giant of a man and a really nice bloke. But he can fucking have a row.

He will take tyson fury out in 2-4 rounds no problem. Maloney has offered 500k for the winner to fury to take the fight. fury has swerved it. fury is a good back story - gypo fighter etc etc however he's fucking shite. No pedigree, chinny as fuck and the mobility of an asthmatic elephant. Price is a cultured fighter and while he can leave his chin open a bit has only been pro a couple of years has a great right hand and when he has someone hurt goes for the kill.

He is fighting matt skelton next- its another profile fight- I would like to see him fight haye as he's kill haye.

Good fighter is Pricey- but he's a top all round bloke either way.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »
Price would smash Wlads jaw with his right hand, he also has the size to compete with him. Ive always believed Vitali to be the better of the bros but hes not gonna face him regardless, i genuinely believe that DP will be the #1 ranked fighter in the world within 2 years

Doubt that Price would beat either Klitchko (sp) at this point in his career.  Both Klitchko's are awesome technical fighters, and great defensively.  Price is an awesome sight though (at ~6/8), and very agile for his size.  The Klitchko's are nearing the end of their careers, so Price will be there to carry the HW torch once they retire.   

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 03:26:48 AM »
 Did you know the last fight audley Harrison had which was with Haye he nearly lost his purse why because he didnt throw one fucking punch... Why would any sensible person pay to watch that Claffy again ... That's what I'm getting at....
Just to clarify my knowledge of heavyweight boxing and boxing in general is quite extensive..
I'm just not a sheep ... And use my own brain and eyes That fight was shit.
You see better boxing In an amateur boxing gym

Easy, Price was fighting in Liverpool hence why everyone showed up to support their man. Not one of them could have been expecting more than a couple of rounds.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 05:44:19 AM »
Haye would beat Price at the moment, Price does not have better ring craft , movement or sense of distance than Wlad and Wlad barely landed on a defensive Haye. Price would get countered and stopped.

Give it a few years, when he is less Green and he may do a number on Haye, but not atm imo.

Very good prospect, he should beat Fury pretty easily, Fury has good hands and decent skill but he lacks physical attributes, his power and chin are not up to standard. He would probably get walked down against any elite fighter, he doesn't offer enough offensive threat.

The NFL argument is silly. Football is not fighting. I can't think of any past great fighters that would have been decent at football, completely different skillset, so why the opposite. The demographics are different. You could just as easily say the same thing about Rugby and Soccer in europe, it's just an excuse that xenophobic Americans peddle.
Trans Milkshake.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:35 AM »
Haye would beat Price at the moment, Price does not have better ring craft , movement or sense of distance than Wlad and Wlad barely landed on a defensive Haye. Price would get countered and stopped.

Give it a few years, when he is less Green and he may do a number on Haye, but not atm imo.

Very good prospect, he should beat Fury pretty easily, Fury has good hands and decent skill but he lacks physical attributes, his power and chin are not up to standard. He would probably get walked down against any elite fighter, he doesn't offer enough offensive threat.

The NFL argument is silly. Football is not fighting. I can't think of any past great fighters that would have been decent at football, completely different skillset, so why the opposite. The demographics are different. You could just as easily say the same thing about Rugby and Soccer in europe, it's just an excuse that xenophobic Americans peddle.

The only NFL player that people might actually remember because he boxed professionally is Ed "Too Tall Jones" formerly of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not sure how well he did though but football was definitely his bread and butter out of the two.

Edit - I just check and evidently he quit after 4 years of football to box and went 6 and 0 with 5 KOs before returning to football. Not bad but I don't know the level of his competition. Ed was a monster though, 6 foot 9 and one of the best defensive players of his time.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:39 AM »
Easy, Price was fighting in Liverpool hence why everyone showed up to support their man. Not one of them could have been expecting more than a couple of rounds.
My comments rent in regard to price.... its more directed to audley harrison,
why did prices camp even agree a fight with a guy who has stospped throwing punches.
choice is an illusion

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »
My comments rent in regard to price.... its more directed to audley harrison,
why did prices camp even agree a fight with a guy who has stospped throwing punches.

You got to admit that it's now put Price in the public eye, which he wasn't before the fight (outside of boxing fans anyway). Therefore better opponents and a bigger purse next time round...