Author Topic: "Let go" from work - Part II  (Read 3352 times)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: "Let go" from work - Part II
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 12:39:19 AM »
Was he the only one?...Was there any malfeasance on his part at all?...It seems he angered someone...a nastygram well hidden from him?...Was he in contact with someone at a competitor?...Was he looking for another job?...One company I worked for had the unwritten policy that if you gave two week's notice, you would be fired that day.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 03:13:12 AM »
I am a very good worker (probably why i ended up working for myself) and i have left jobs and they've been pissed i went. You don't let someone go who is good.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 03:38:18 AM »
Its a fail to get to a point in life where you answer to anyone to make your money, start your own business.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »
Its a fail to get to a point in life where you answer to anyone to make your money, start your own business.

its comfortable to receive a guaranteed paycheck every month.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 05:48:58 AM »
As a member of the evil empire I will tell u the last person I'm going to let go is someone doing their job well. Even in and especially during downturns. And even with proper documentation the biggest clown screwing off at their job will most likely get unemployment. I've learned even in the most egregious examples of a lazy ass I don't even fight the case anymore.  They usually get it no matter wut.  It's just another example of our system rewarding laziness.   Not worth my time.

x1000   Been there, done that.

Example :

1) Missing 30 out of the first 90 days of probation
2) Documented patient complaints
3) Documented dress code violations
4) Documented texting during work hours
5) Failing to clock in/out multiple times weekly
etc, etc, etc

She was granted the ability to collect unemployment.  Took us a long time to fight it.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:25 AM »
I like the way people with wealth are evil according to the youth of today. Only celebs and athletes are should have money according to liberals. After all how money do you need?  

Business like life isn't fair. The owner can and does hire his do nothing son to be a manager while the guy with the knowledge now answers to his know nothing son. That's life.

I learned the suck up on the job gets promoted because that's how the guy who promoted him got there. That's was the way my job operated anyway. I hope getting fired will eventually turn into him finding a better job with a better pay check.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »
I like the way people with wealth are evil according to the youth of today. Only celebs and athletes are should have money according to liberals. After all how money do you need?  

Business like life isn't fair. The owner can and does hire his do nothing son to be a manager while the guy with the knowledge now answers to his know nothing son. That's life.

I learned the suck up on the job gets promoted because that's how the guy who promoted him got there. That's was the way my job operated anyway. I hope getting fired will eventually turn into him finding a better job with a better pay check.

It's a simple dogma to get rid of the middle class and self empowerment. Virtue is turned into "crime" unless it sanctioned by the powers that be - this helps tremendously with idol worshipping.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 08:21:47 AM »
Nice, stand up guy educated with a business degree.

-Discuss

1. Business degree is not much better than a GED these days.
2. Nice guys don't cut it in the real world. You have to step on some toes once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »

anyone that hires a do nothing son is an idiot.  If one is going to coddle their grown son I'd rather just throw him money and keep him away from the company rather than be a cancer in it. But many sons of successful fathers do become hard working and successful too. No I'm not the son of a business owner.