Author Topic: Matthew 5:45  (Read 2568 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Matthew 5:45
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »
reads "that you may be children of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

I found this verse very significant!  Can anyone guess why?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Re: Matthew 5:45
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
oops wrong forum.

oh well, maybe this will spice it up a bit in here since every other thread is just arguing over which polls are correct and what the polls mean lol. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
reads "that you may be children of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Because you're easily convinced?

G

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
Focus on the bold text:

Note here that Jesus is referring to "the Father" (God) as "your Father" not "my Father."

This tells us that the "son of God" title int he Bible is equally applicable to all followers of God and not exclusive to Jesus.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
Does it make sense that Jesus and all of his followers are "sons of God?"  Literally of course not, metaphorically perhaps.  Like Muslims have been saying all along, the "son of God" title is simply metaphorical, and is proven by this verse.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

I already showed them verses in old testament of David and Solomon and Israel all being called son of God, Adam being called son of God. Etc...

Children of God, etc...

Going through school and being thought the bible we were thought the same thing, not literally but metaphorically. As in Godly person.

If one were to say son of iron. A black smith.. would it literally mean a son of iron? No...

However somehow in these pauline christian beliefs Jesus LITERALLY becomes son of God.

In the verse I just posted, it shows that Jesus doesn't know but God knows the time of the hour (Day of judgment).

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

I already showed them verses in old testament of David and Solomon and Israel all being called son of God, Adam being called son of God. Etc...

Children of God, etc...

Going through school and being thought the bible we were thought the same thing, not literally but metaphorically. As in Godly person.

If one were to say son of iron. A black smith.. would it literally mean a son of iron? No...

However somehow in these pauline christian beliefs Jesus LITERALLY becomes son of God.

In the verse I just posted, it shows that Jesus doesn't know but God knows the time of the hour (Day of judgment).

Like MOS said in another thread recently, to some on here "2+2=4 in some cases and in other random cases 2+2=donkey or 2+2=1000 or 2+2=fart....whatever is needed to make the argument."  Seems that train of thought is the only way one can still feel that Jesus is a literal son of God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
Like MOS said in another thread recently, to some on here "2+2=4 in some cases and in other random cases 2+2=donkey or 2+2=1000 or 2+2=fart....whatever is needed to make the argument."  Seems that train of thought is the only way one can still feel that Jesus is a literal son of God.

Here's another thing MOS said:

Now, before I respond to the verse you say I run from (reality is, this is the first time I've read this in one of your posts.  Not saying you didn't write it before, just saying this is first time I've read it) let's briefly recap.

You and bigbobs requested a verse in which Christ affirms he is the Son of God.  I supply that easily and you casually dismiss it with a "sorry not good enough" response.  I got news for you.....you answer to God, God doesn't answer to you.  Christ also didn't have to answer to the Sanhedrin, but he did so in a fashion that he chose.  He turned the tables repeatedly on the leadership at that time, but he still completely affirmed he was the Son of God.  That verse is undeniable, but just because it doesn't meet your exact request doesn't mean it doesn't completely affirm who he said he was.

So, onto the verse I "repeatedly run from".  Jesus said he didn't know the hour of his return....only the Father knows that.  So, does this contradict Jesus' deity?  Not even a little bit.  Why did the Son of God come to Earth in the form of man and live among his creation as any man would?  He came to fulfill what Israel could not in the OT while at the same time establishing a new covenant with man.  Christ came and submitted to the Father so that we may recognize how we should submit to God's will.  He fellowshipped with men, he ate with men, he traveled with men, he taught men, he lived as a man.  But make no mistake, Jesus Christ is God.  Christ forgave sins, Christ raised the dead, Christ healed the sick, Christ commanded demons, Christ miracously fed multitudes.  Christ affirmed his deity and gave undeniable examples of his deity, but didn't return to his glory until after he was crucified and rose.  Before his resurrection he chose to live as man, but fully connected to his divine Fatherly essence in heaven.  Based on that connection, he did the impossible and affirmed that he was God while still existing in a limited form as a man - a limited existance he choose.  As a man he maintained his connection with his divine essence through prayer, but his act of prayer was also an example for man to follow.  He lived as a man so that we may understand how to live and submit to God.  Why did he also choose this limited state as a man?  Simple, because God can't die (he is eternal), but a God who limits his form to that of a normal man can die.  He came as the perfect man, the perfect sacrifice that died for all forgiving all sins for those that claim him as their risen Lord and Savior.  After his resurrection his returned to his full glory and power as the divine Son of God that always existed at the right hand of the Father.  As the resurrected Son of God he was transformed and those closest to him didn't recognize him at first because he transformed into his divine state.  He then displayed the divine ability to instantly move from place to place as only God can and reclaimed his omniscient status as the Son of God who knows all things.....including the hour of his return.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:22 AM »

No one cares what you evil death cultist pedo supporters think. Eat some bacon and have a beer and break the mind control you sick fucker.
$

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
No one cares what you evil death cultist pedo supporters think. Eat some bacon and have a beer and break the mind control you sick fucker.

No one cares what your evil unhealthy cultist lying fraudulent and ignorant pervert brainwashed cult thinks.

Wow I feel so much smarter now by responding in the same way you did! Respect! I learned nothing and gained no manners cool!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »
No one cares what your evil unhealthy cultist lying fraudulent and ignorant pervert brainwashed cult thinks.

Wow I feel so much smarter now by responding in the same way you did! Respect! I learned nothing and gained no manners cool!

Respect is earned. Until your so called "real" Muslims denounce the "fake" ones... you'll never get any respect. Here or in the world. And for the record, what you call real Muslims not killing people etc. are fake, coward bitches afraid to admit what their religion is and afraid to do acts of violence yourself... you don't condemn it because you wish you had the balls to do what they do. Secretly you death cultists agree with it but can't say so or you'll lose your job or friends etc. That makes you a coward bitch straddling the fence.

I told you before read your own posts... if Islam is so great, why must you justify all the horrible behavior by saying... "but the Christians and Jews do it too!!!" Your a brainwashed turd.
$

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
What are you babbling on about? You are just mentally handicapped with hate.

My point was, why don't you go so angrily after them Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, whoever that do for example honor killings? Honor killings of daughters/whoevers is not a part of our religion even if some ignorant people do it. Why don't you go after their religion and spread your hate in that rainbow?

You are ignorant brah.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »
What are you babbling on about? You are just mentally handicapped with hate.

My point was, why don't you go so angrily after them Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, whoever that do for example honor killings? Honor killings of daughters/whoevers is not a part of our religion even if some ignorant people do it. Why don't you go after their religion and spread your hate in that rainbow?

You are ignorant brah.

Because the other the cults are able to fit in with the rest of civilization.

Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists are not trying to push their beliefs on others and come across as generally quite peaceful in comparison to the hate-filled and anti-human, anti-nature practices of the Mohammedan cultists.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
You know no matter how many times you repeat anti-human, anti-man, anti-woman anti-anti-anti. You are still a fool.

No one is forcing anything upon you, you are just trying to subvert Islam and Muslims.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
Wow this is interesting. Jesus cursing the pharisees Jews for breaking the law of God and instead following man made traditions. Specifically relating to the honoring of parents and the punishment for it being death:

Matthew 15: 1-9

15 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” 3 He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,”1 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word 2 of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

8 “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;

9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

its a good verse because it shows you that if god exists he loves the evil just like he loves the good, and therefore if you wish to be a good person you ought to behave in the same manner.. = loving all people no matter how evil they might be. 

now stop thinking these scriptures are divine and realize they are the works of men and you yourself are capable of producing such work and start to become your own person independent religion. god gave you free will, now use it (stop submitting yourself to the works of man)