Author Topic: Islamic insecurities ?  (Read 51432 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Islamic insecurities ?
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Show me the post where I defended their actions?  Either you're a liar or just plain stupid, take your pick.  Either case you don't look good ;)

Isn't coming up with excuses about why their act was sensible defending them? What? It's not?! Oh, alright then.

Anyway, short history lesson for you:  Taliban came into power in 1996.  Buddas were destroyed in 2001.  If it were ideology based, why the five year gap?

While I appreciate history lessons one wasn't necessary, as I am aware or the timeline.

As for the gap, I don't know; what I do know is that Omar issued a decree ordering the statues destroyed in March of 2001. The reason he gave was that they were idols. Perhaps that's not the real reason, but I can't read minds and have no reason to think he would lie.

Besides, if his concern was with feeding the poor, hungry little children how would his order and he subsequent destruction of the statues further that goal? What was the reasoning behind it?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »
Isn't coming up with excuses about why their act was sensible defending them? What? It's not?! Oh, alright then.

No, reiterating their reason for the act is neither coming up with excuses nor defending them. Was simply clarifying that the motivating factor was not ideology. So based on your response, of the two possible options I outlined of you either being a liar or stupid, turns out you're the latter.

While I appreciate history lessons one wasn't necessary, as I am aware or the timeline.

As for the gap, I don't know;

Exactly, you don't know, which is why I informed you

Besides, if his concern was with feeding the poor, hungry little children how would his order and he subsequent destruction of the statues further that goal? What was the reasoning behind it?

Wtf where did I say their goal of destroying the statues was to feed the poor? That ddoesnt even make sense. I said it was simply an act resulting from them feeling insulted, ie an emotional decision.  Your lack of reading comprehension never ceases to amaze me.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »
I respect any religion that upholds good values, including good values in Islam, but the problem for me is Mohammed the writer of the Islamic holy books is a pedophile who was INSPIRED to write his holy texts when in the company of his child bride.  This is a known Islamic fact.  I mean how can you respect a religion which stems from this?

And I have actually had discussion with a Muslim chick who thinks it is cool that Mohammed had sex with a preteen kid.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »
No, reiterating their reason for the act is neither coming up with excuses nor defending them. Was simply clarifying that the motivating factor was not ideology. So based on your response, of the two possible options I outlined of you either being a liar or stupid, turns out you're the latter.

Exactly, you don't know, which is why I informed you.

Your information contradicts what Omar very specifically stated. Unless you have some special, mystical insight into his mind, I would tend to consider Omar a more authoritative source on what Omar thought.

what I do know is that Omar issued a decree ordering the statues destroyed in March of 2001. The reason he gave was that they were idols. Perhaps that's not the real reason, but I can't read minds and have no reason to think he would lie.

Wtf where did I say their goal of destroying the statues was to feed the poor? That ddoesnt even make sense. I said it was simply an act resulting from them feeling insulted, ie an emotional decision.  Your lack of reading comprehension never ceases to amaze me.

It just seems very... I don't know... childish? Almost like a kid crying and yelling "If you won't give me candy I'll break my toy!"

But let's say that it's true; he was so offended that children starved (something which I consider very unlikely, but let's not dwell on that) that his anger got the better of him and he ordered the destruction of the idols publicly.  How long did he stay angry for? The destruction didn't occur overnight, after all.

One way or the other, it makes no difference. the act resulted in the destruction of a unique site of historical importance not just to the Afghans but to the world. Does it matter what the particular justification was? I don't think so.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2012, 01:44:24 AM »
I respect any religion that upholds good values, including good values in Islam, but the problem for me is Mohammed the writer of the Islamic holy books is a pedophile who was INSPIRED to write his holy texts when in the company of his child bride.  This is a known Islamic fact.  I mean how can you respect a religion which stems from this?

And I have actually had discussion with a Muslim chick who thinks it is cool that Mohammed had sex with a preteen kid.

What on earth are you talking about?

What holy books did Prophet Mohamed write?

Myself and A-ahmed have disussed Mohameds child bride issue not along ago in another thread.Go search it.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »
Ever notice how Muslims like A_ahmed selectively change things to suit their own agenda, A-Ahmed changed what I stated so as to mean something completely different, he then went on to write another bible about how disgusting he found men from the west.  This is the issue right here, a Muslim can never be trusted to understand or translate basic common knowledge, they will lie, twist and distort information and ram it through an Islamic filter that ensures whatever purity or goodness the wisdom held is corrupted and tainted by their Muslim Interpretation.

You also have no credibility, i do feel sorry for you in a way cause you werent taught any values as a younger person and thats why your posts are full of hate.

Your happy to talk about islamic violence but turn blind eye to other religious violence.

You condemn hatred but promote hatred and up hold the fallacy of a judeo-christian alliance when the jews dont even beleive in jesus.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2012, 03:18:49 AM »
You also have no credibility, i do feel sorry for you in a way cause you werent taught any values as a younger person and thats why your posts are full of hate.

Your happy to talk about islamic violence but turn blind eye to other religious violence.

You condemn hatred but promote hatred and up hold the fallacy of a judeo-christian alliance when the jews dont even beleive in jesus.
Not me.

I condemn it all.

But Islam is, by far, the most violent and barbaric and you know it.
G

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2012, 03:56:02 AM »
@ Stingray-- concerning Ahmed's original name, you bought that line. Word of advice......

DON'T BE SO GULLIBLE MCFLY  ;)

Now about the Bhudda statue, regardless of what it represents or it's historical value, to touch something that is dear to an enormous race or multitude of people is attacking them at their pride, like cutting off a man's egg rolls, and if this exact scenario was reversed and something of equal magnitude was sabotaged on the Islamic side; believe you me this would be the beginning of world war 3.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Myself and A-ahmed have disussed Mohameds child bride issue not along ago in another thread.Go search it.

What are YOU talking about?

Muslims believe the Quran to be verbally revealed through angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately 23 years beginning on 22 December 609 CE,[8] when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[1][9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2012, 05:53:34 AM »
Oh I see, so you want to encourage them to fuck around. Great logic.

Islam comes to stop problems before they occur. You want to encourage them.

Nope - they are fucking around.

Trouble is - Mr Born again Muslim  that you are - you brought into the theory and not the actuality.

Everyone is window dressing the Wahabi version of Islam in Saudi. They all fucking hate it - except the extremists that were gifted the Police way back.

You though - you think that people are loving it out there - because they are practising the pure form of Islam you think that people really want.

Well guess what - they think it sucks ass. You don't have to live it day to day - you just masturbate over it, whilst still enjoying a lifestyle they can't.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2012, 05:55:53 AM »
Islam comes to stop problems before they occur. You want to encourage them.

BTW - I don't think your fellow Muslim brothers need much encouragement.

Whole towns already exist on the Thai side of the border with Malaysia catering to Muslim men. If you encouraged them, they'd probably have to move the capital down there.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »
What are YOU talking about?

Muslims believe the Quran to be verbally revealed through angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately 23 years beginning on 22 December 609 CE,[8] when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[1][9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran

So whats your point?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:28 AM »
So whats your point?
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Are you OK here bro?
You just asked what book Muhammad wrote, strongly indicating he didn't write any(anyone with a brain would take it this way but of course you will play dumb and say that is not what you meant) and this man just corrected you bro and now you ask him what his point is?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »

Myself and A-ahmed have disussed Mohameds child bride issue and our support of paedophilia not along ago in another thread.Go search it.

WTF!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
HA HA Googles Auto Complete.  Google's algorithm predicts and displays search queries based on other users' search activities and the contents of web pages indexed by Google.  Predicted queries are algorithmically determined based on a number of purely algorithmic factors (including popularity of search terms) without human intervention
V

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
Your information contradicts what Omar very specifically stated. Unless you have some special, mystical insight into his mind, I would tend to consider Omar a more authoritative source on what Omar thought.

It just seems very... I don't know... childish? Almost like a kid crying and yelling "If you won't give me candy I'll break my toy!"

But let's say that it's true; he was so offended that children starved (something which I consider very unlikely, but let's not dwell on that) that his anger got the better of him and he ordered the destruction of the idols publicly.  How long did he stay angry for? The destruction didn't occur overnight, after all.

One way or the other, it makes no difference. the act resulted in the destruction of a unique site of historical importance not just to the Afghans but to the world. Does it matter what the particular justification was? I don't think so.

"B...b...but...but...Fox News said that Mullah Omar said he ordered the statues to be destroyed due to religious reasons...who cares that I never saw or heard Mullah Omar's statement...who cares that Taliban ambassadar Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi stated at a conference which was recorded, that they were destroyed after Swedish momument experts refused their suggestion to spend towards starving children rather than rebuilding the bamiyans...who cares that the Taliban were in power for five years before the destruction and had no ideological change during these five years....Fox News said Mullah Omar said it so it MUST be true regardless of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
"B...b...but...but...Fox News said that Mullah Omar said he ordered the statues to be destroyed due to religious reasons...who cares that I never saw or heard Mullah Omar's statement...who cares that Taliban ambassadar Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi stated at a conference which was recorded, that they were destroyed after Swedish momument experts refused their suggestion to spend towards starving children rather than rebuilding the bamiyans...who cares that the Taliban were in power for five years before the destruction and had no ideological change during these five years....Fox News said Mullah Omar said it so it MUST be true regardless of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

As I said before, I don't get my "news" from Fox News anymore than you get it from Fox News. You can keep repeating this nonsense if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change my actual position anymore than it changes the actual facts.

But again, let's assume that Hashemi is right, and telling the truth, and the statutes were destroyed because Swedes wanted to spend their money on the statues rather than help the poor, starving children. That doesn't make the destruction any more palatable or any more reasonable. It only showcases the kind of men Omar and his group are/were: irrational since the destruction of the statues wouldn't have helped advocate the cause of feeding the children. So enough with this bullshit that the Taliban were offended that Swedes wouldn't donate to "end the hunger" campaigns.

Because let's be clear: the Taliban didn't much care about the starving children anyways. As an excuse it doesn't hold much water. If they really did care, they would have made different decisions after they came into power; instead of denying food aid, they would have welcomed it, and instead of making decisions aimed to plunge Afhganistan further back into the stone age they would have made decisions to help Afghanistan move forward.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
As I said before, I don't get my "news" from Fox News anymore than you get it from Fox News. You can keep repeating this nonsense if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change my actual position anymore than it changes the actual facts.

But again, let's assume that Hashemi is right, and telling the truth, and the statutes were destroyed because Swedes wanted to spend their money on the statues rather than help the poor, starving children. That doesn't make the destruction any more palatable or any more reasonable. It only showcases the kind of men Omar and his group are/were: irrational since the destruction of the statues wouldn't have helped advocate the cause of feeding the children. So enough with this bullshit that the Taliban were offended that Swedes wouldn't donate to "end the hunger" campaigns.

Because let's be clear: the Taliban didn't much care about the starving children anyways. As an excuse it doesn't hold much water. If they really did care, they would have made different decisions after they came into power; instead of denying food aid, they would have welcomed it, and instead of making decisions aimed to plunge Afhganistan further back into the stone age they would have made decisions to help Afghanistan move forward.

*yawn* so after I showed you how dumb it is was for you to continue trying to insist that the Taliban destroyed the buddas due to Islamic ideology, now you're switching the topic to whether the destruction was reasonable, what kinds of men the Taliban are, etc.  Stuff I never even gave my opinion on, yet your lack of comprehension and bigotry made you assume that because I clarified the Taliban's motivation that must mean I agree with them.  I'm done with this useless back-and-fourth with you.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »
*yawn* so after I showed you how dumb it is was for you to continue trying to insist that the Taliban destroyed the buddas due to Islamic ideology, now you're switching the topic to whether the destruction was reasonable, what kinds of men the Taliban are, etc.

No. The facts speak for themselves. I'm arguing that even if what you said were true, that doesn't justify the destruction of the statues.

Stuff I never even gave my opinion on, yet your lack of comprehension and bigotry made you assume that because I clarified the Taliban's motivation that must mean I agree with them.  I'm done with this useless back-and-fourth with you.

I haven't concluded that you agree with them, although I suspect you at least "understand" their reasons (at least as you explain them). This is actually a common trend among those with religious beliefs. Even when faced by actions that are outright ridiculous, when those actions are performed by people who share their faith (even if only in name), they tend to have some degree of sympathy.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
No. The facts speak for themselves. I'm arguing that even if what you said were true, that doesn't justify the destruction of the statues.

Just like I said, you're changing the topic and arguing that it doesn't justify the destruction even though I never claimed it was justified, while pretending that it's the same topic.  Your false assumption of my opinion on the issue is driven by your bigotry and stereotyping.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »
Just like I said, you're changing the topic and arguing that it doesn't justify the destruction even though I never claimed it was justified, while pretending that it's the same topic.  Your false assumption of my opinion on the issue is driven by your bigotry and stereotyping.

But I'm not pretending it's the same topic. Our difference is the reasoning behind the destruction. But I'm saying that one way or another it doesn't matter. The reasoning behind the destruction is largely irrelevant. That the destruction was bad is something that I think we both agree on.

What I take exception with is the notion that the Taliban care so much and so deeply about hunger that when a group wouldn't donate money to help fight hunger, they felt so offended that they destroyed something the group actually cared for. The notion is simply preposterous.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
But I'm not pretending it's the same topic. Our difference is the reasoning behind the destruction. But I'm saying that one way or another it doesn't matter. The reasoning behind the destruction is largely irrelevant. That the destruction was bad is something that I think we both agree on.

No it's not irrelevent.  This is a religious discussions forum, so when Islam is accused of being the reasoning behind the destruction, I decided to show that accusation isn't consistent with the timeline of events and the Taliban ambassador's claim.

Similar to posts on mistreatment of women, when they are made here and Islam is accused of being the cause, I post to clarify that the motivation is cultural not religious.  For the budda destruction, the motivation was emotional not religious.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »
No it's not irrelevent.  This is a religious discussions forum, so when Islam is accused of being the reasoning behind the destruction, I decided to show that accusation isn't consistent with the timeline of events and the Taliban ambassador's claim.

Similar to posts on mistreatment of women, when they are made here and Islam is accused of being the cause, I post to clarify that the motivation is cultural not religious.  For the budda destruction, the motivation was emotional not religious.

We have bad apples and extremists in virtually every type of organized religion.   Christians, Muslims, Catholics, etc......the bad apples don't often represent the whole, but they make for great press and endless fodder for online meme creators.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
We have bad apples and extremists in virtually every type of organized religion.   Christians, Muslims, Catholics, etc......the bad apples don't often represent the whole, but they make for great press and endless fodder for online meme creators.

Thanks, i agree with you :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
*yawn* so after I showed you how dumb it is was for you to continue trying to insist that the Taliban destroyed the buddas due to Islamic ideology, now you're switching the topic to whether the destruction was reasonable, what kinds of men the Taliban are, etc.  Stuff I never even gave my opinion on, yet your lack of comprehension and bigotry made you assume that because I clarified the Taliban's motivation that must mean I agree with them.  I'm done with this useless back-and-fourth with you.
Hold on a second, with all due respect I have been following both Avxo and your arguments and I am not feeling you accomplished this. Bro drop yourself in any of the 200 countries in the world and ask the nearest professor, lawyer, doctor, politician etc why the Taliban destroyed The statue and they will all say because Islam does not like people worshipping Statues, it is common sense that every single person on the planet, except Muslims of course) will think this.