Author Topic: 19-year-old Commits Suicide on live webcam egged on by bodybuilding.com users  (Read 14811 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Meh.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher

We didn't bully him....only thing we did was yelled at him for putting up those fake suicide threads, we told him to seek some mental health.  He did that shit a lot....believe me so when he did it that night, there was no reason to think that he was serious.  He was breathing when I went to bed and when I got back up I found out that he may had OD'ed as he had not moved one bit.

But honestly, it was a big mess and while there's some fault to go around...its was his decision to go kill himself.  No one forced him to take all of those fucking pills and if I even had a slight indication that he wasn't bullshitting, then I would have made the call myself to the cops. 
Bro you told him to go kill himself and he did, are you out of your fucken mind, you actually broke the law. You are partly at fault, telling someone to go kill themself is the worse form of bullying and abuse on the planet and look what happened he actually did. Hope this haunts you till you die you disgusting human being.

like flipper said, you should ALWAYS TAKE A SUICIDE THREAT SERIOUSLY

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Bro you told him to go kill himself and he did, are you out of your fucken mind, you actually broke the law. You are partly at fault, telling someone to go kill themself is the worse form of bullying and abuse on the planet and look what happened he actually did. Hope this haunts you till you die you disgusting human being.

He also told people to take Bee Pollen which is a far worse crime

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
He also told people to take Bee Pollen which is a far worse crime
What?

Vince is a fucken criminal.

The dude was only 19 years old, rip and Vince should go to jail

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
isn't pushing or encouraging someone to suicide a felony?

MikMaq

vince got bullied himself plenty times,

Agreed.

Anyone that has lived through real torment understands suicide is a rather valid option. This whole trying to blame the victim is utter bullshit. If you can`t imagine that some people`s lives are truly aren`t worth living than you should eat shit and die.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

I never told him to kill himself....I told him to quit posting those stupid ass fake suicide threads which is what he did a bunch followed by...."Just Joking  ;D".  Hard to take someone like that who pulled that shit all the time seriously.  He did it every single week....I'm gonna kill myself and the next day....SIKE!!...fooled you fags type commment"  So who knew that the 140th suicide thread that he created would have been the real thing??? 

And now that I think about it...there would have been no way I could have called the cops anyway because I didn't who the fuck this troll was at the time....no one did. 

The only person responsible for his death is him....he was a dum ass for swallowing all those pills to begin with.   
A

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
wow Vince...when it comes to taking blame you sound like a hardcore conservative..."it's his fault...not mine"...

What might have happened if at the first mention of suicide someone would have alerted the person running the site...trace his isp..get a fix on where he is...call the police.  But that would have involved actually working to help someone and who the fuck wants to do that, right?

MikMaq

wow Vince...when it comes to taking blame you sound like a hardcore conservative..."it's his fault...not mine"...

What might have happened if at the first mention of suicide someone would have alerted the person running the site...trace his isp..get a fix on where he is...call the police.  But that would have involved actually working to help someone and who the fuck wants to do that, right?
Even if he were joking he would of learnt his lesson the first time around. This is why you don`t assume there joking, the cops won`t either. They learn a fucking lesson.

Anyhow I`m gonna have to assume this was so longing ago that people were simply ignorant.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

I made one post telling him to stop being an attention whore with his fake suicide threads and that was it.  I went to bed soon after making a few post on Getbig because it was pretty early in the morning.  

I didn't egg him on because I thought it was just another one of his joke suicide posts....he cried wolf a lot of times....that's prob why the mods ignored him too.  Honestly, if I was a moderator on BB.com, I would have deleted his thread and banned him from the site the very first time.  No audience...no reason to entertain anyone which is ultimately what he ended up doing
A

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
No...he ended up killing himself.  Does another person's life mean that little to you?

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
 You'd expect a black homosexual living in a trailer in the south to have a little more empathy and warmth. Especially as you yourself had suffered being bullied and derided on the internet. Wash your hands of it as much as you like but it's well known these suicidal kids will build up to a suicide with lots of cries for help and attention seeking.  Instead of actually "what's wrong, how can we help this obviously unhappy kid" you piled in and gave him shit like all the cowards that are thinking "hey, at least it's not me this time" and desperately trying to fit -- and why the fuck is a middle aged gay guy hanging out on a forum for teenage boys anyway?

Shame on you. Seriously.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
You'd expect a black homosexual living in a trailer in the south to have a little more empathy and warmth. Especially as you yourself had suffered being bullied and derided on the internet. Wash your hands of it as much as you like but it's well known these suicidal kids will build up to a suicide with lots of cries for help and attention seeking.  Instead of actually "what's wrong, how can we help this obviously unhappy kid" you piled in and gave him shit like all the cowards that are thinking "hey, at least it's not me this time" and desperately trying to fit -- and why the fuck is a middle aged gay guy hanging out on a forum for teenage boys anyway?

Shame on you. Seriously.

I have no hands to wash on this because I didn't bully him or egg him on....period....I just didn't take him seriously because he had done these suicide threads a bunch of times and then the next day he would post that he was just fucking around.  I thought that he was an attention whore...not a person who would actually commit suicide.  I still think that he wasn't trying to really kill himself that night and was just trying to give everyone a good scare just for shits and giggles. 

A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Anyone that has lived through real torment understands suicide is a rather valid option.
Disagree. It's the lowest form of cowardice.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
getbig fuckers acting like they would have cared and tried to help him.  ::)

Have yall seen the way yuns act?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
getbig fuckers acting like they would have cared and tried to help him.  ::)

Have yall seen the way yuns act?
Heh, this. Everyone here would have kept giving him shit.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
 There was a kid on here that kept cutting himself called James Phoenix. Nothing for nothing but I think I was one of the only guys that tried to make him get help instead of cut himself some more. So some people need to dismount their high horses.

O

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Yeah...I don't mean to sound preachy.  Not everyone is aware of the huge redflag that a suicide threat...even one in made in jest...typically is.  What bothers me is Vince's complete unwillingness to show any insight or even acknowledge in retrospect that more could have been done from the get go, or God forbid, acknowledge that we owe each other more than just sitting there on our hands.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
i love to meet someone who commited suicide.

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
Have no sympathy for this kid or any other ppl who kill themselves.  If the dude was on an Internet board all day, pretending to kill himself, then well he's probably better off dead anyways.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Yeah...I don't mean to sound preachy.  Not everyone is aware of the huge redflag that a suicide threat...even one in made in jest...typically is.  What bothers me is Vince's complete unwillingness to show any insight or even acknowledge in retrospect that more could have been done from the get go, or God forbid, acknowledge that we owe each other more than just sitting there on our hands.

And what should I have done???

Call his parents or the police???  Yea, I would dial the Crimestoppers Hotline and tell them that some anonymous dude somewhere in the world going by the name of CandyJunkie is posting suicide threads although all of his previous suicide postings were fake.  Yea I'm sure that they would have sent their best detective on it... ::)

Its not a matter of unwillingness.....I may have not seen it coming, but neither did anyone else.  How could I or anyone see it when he had pranked everyone so many times before in the past???  Like I said before, if I was a moderator at BB.com, I would have banned him and deleted his threads the very first time he did it. 
A

the trainer

I agree with vince if somebody insults you and you decide to kill yourself then the fault is on you and nobody else, what if you have a girlfriend and she says if you leave her she is going to kill herself would you spend the rest of your life with her, people need to learn to take responsibility for their actions.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Vince...banning him and deleting threads isn't the appropriate response and no one is saying YOU should have magically divined his location.  Letting the owner of the site might have been a decent thing to do as he should have been able to trace the ISP or at least try to.  What I find disgusting about your response is the "fuck it and him" attitude you're showing.  The kid had issues...bad enough issues that he overrode the natural desire to live and survive.  You people didn't take it seriously, the kid died and you just shrug and say "oh well"

You're a real dick, Vince....

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Some people believe we were all suicides in a past life. Or was that a movie?