Author Topic: breakfast important for gains?bs broscience  (Read 2320 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
breakfast important for gains?bs broscience
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »
i

n

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: breakfast important for gains?bs broscience
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Working out with food in your gut sucks.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
Training in a fasted state is awesome in you can get past the mental part of it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
breakfast is important, always feel stronger and have more energy in the afternoons when i workout when i had a good breakfast that day

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
I like to eat breakfast.

I can lift on an empty stomach if I have to but running while hungry is miserable, nothing else to think about except how hungry I am.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
I train early in the morning, which makes me quite angry in general at life. I find that not eating helps angry me up even further.

Anger seems to help me train better.

Therefore, the more anger, the better. If you see me driving, please flip me the bird or cut me off. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
You're breaking a fast. The longest time in 24 hours you go without eating. EAT!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:38 PM »
So if you lift with an empty stomach how long until you eat after you lift?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
yea many bodybuilders feel like entitled to loads of food, often too much for their own best.

and then when they try to get reasonably lean from their permabulkers states, they feel agressive.

its all mental strenght.

i prefer the hunger feeling to the fullness feeling after stuffing myself

A bit of hunger in the belly puts a man in a state with a clear head, and a natural aggression. We work when we're hungry. We hustle when we're hungry. It's nature's built in defense mechanism. Why bodybuilders insist on training full is beyond me. Just slows you down.

I'm not really buying the whole pre/peri/post workout stuff either. At least, not to the extent the industry would have you believe.

I'd like to see a study prove me wrong, and I'll shut up. It should be:

X amount of kcal of normal eating (i.e. 3 meals a day of normal food) versus an isocaloric diet whereby at least 30% of the day's caloric intake is centered around pre/peri/post workout. Macros are held constant in both diets (i.e. same amount of kcal from protein/carb/fat in both diets, but food choices can vary because I doubt it'll make a difference). Study run for minimum 8 weeks. Measure differences in LBM. Put on conservative weight lifting program. Use healthy non-obese males. At least 10 subjects per test group, randomized assignment to trial groups.

I doubt we'd see much difference...probably not enough to justify the cost. But, I'm sure there's some science/pubmed geek out there who can prove me wrong. CHALLENGE!

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
I train early in the morning, which makes me quite angry in general at life. I find that not eating helps angry me up even further.

Therefore, the more anger, the better. If you see me driving, please flip me the bird or cut me off. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter.

A movie in the making. You could play a similar role to michael douglas in falling down. That shit was brilliant and funny.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »

i prefer the hunger feeling to the fullness feeling after stuffing myself

the hunger feeling is awesome, makes you feel alive and alert and more fit imo

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »
Isn't that you galeniko who claimed you just have to eat 13213213 meals per day and 3-4 meals is not enough?

Whatever man, good to know you've changed your mind. Truth is, "clean food", "6 meals per day", "eat every 3 hours", "post workout shake" are all concepts without any science to back up. People follow them without second thoughts because everyone else does and "it works". Well, nobody says it doesn't, yet if they didn't try (or didn't execute it properly if tried) they cannot know that alternative does not work.

It is like religion. People pray to god because they parents did, everyone else does and they are simply to afraid to stop becaues "something bad may happen". People that question dogmas are always objects of agression of blind crowd who is just too afraid to think.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »

good points, but lack of food and lack of sleep also put one in an easy to brainwash and manipulate state of mind

it's basically what the military does to thier cadets during basic training

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
good points, but lack of food and lack of sleep also put one in an easy to brainwash and manipulate state of mind

it's basically what the military does to thier cadets during basic training

Fasted does not mean hungry or starving.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »
Isn't that you galeniko who claimed you just have to eat 13213213 meals per day and 3-4 meals is not enough?

Whatever man, good to know you've changed your mind. Truth is, "clean food", "6 meals per day", "eat every 3 hours", "post workout shake" are all concepts without any science to back up. People follow them without second thoughts because everyone else does and "it works". Well, nobody says it doesn't, yet if they didn't try (or didn't execute it properly if tried) they cannot know that alternative does not work.

It is like religion. People pray to god because they parents did, everyone else does and they are simply to afraid to stop becaues "something bad may happen". People that question dogmas are always objects of agression of blind crowd who is just too afraid to think.

Great post

The pre/mid/port workout shit is garbage. But it's how they all make their money.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
well i train during the night sometimes and go straight to sleep with only an ipa/mod injection no food. Sometimes i do wait 15min then eat, then sleep.. but most of the time go straight to sleep. I do have a pre meal and intra shake (oats/pb/egg whites/etc...)

I dont think there's a set in stone rule for all this

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »
what about those who wants to get/stay big?can get away with just 3 meals a day?
T

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
I always eat breakfast and always eat before I workout.
T

Mate

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
I love reading these fasting dogmas, I really do. They make me so hungry just thinking about it, they're great for helping me eat more!

Time for meal #7.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »
I love reading these fasting dogmas, I really do. They make me so hungry just thinking about it, they're great for helping me eat more!

Time for meal #7.

Fool.

Mate

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
i train starved every time, when i go to workout,ive havent been eating for 12 hours or so.

and guess what, fantastic pumps, strenght all the same.

if someone believes a breakfast will give him "energy" for the followup workout, i dont know what to say.

it takes long time till the breakfast is properly metabolised and that energy can be used to train.

if your pump is weak or something, check back with your steroid source, your most likely on fake or weak gear.

I actually have less energy and feel more tired if I eat breakfast and go train. When training fasted I train much better and harder and have more endurance.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 02:27:38 AM »
what about those who wants to get/stay big?can get away with just 3 meals a day?

oh brother.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 04:05:28 AM »
i train starved every time, when i go to workout,ive havent been eating for 12 hours or so.

and guess what, fantastic pumps, strenght all the same.

if someone believes a breakfast will give him "energy" for the followup workout, i dont know what to say.

it takes long time till the breakfast is properly metabolised and that energy can be used to train.

if your pump is weak or something, check back with your steroid source, your most likely on fake or weak gear.

trolling

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
breakfast is important, always feel stronger and have more energy in the afternoons when i workout when i had a good breakfast that day

THIS!!!!  I eat, take my pre workout, take a dump then im ready to rock