Author Topic: RCP has moved North Carolina from "leans Romney" back to "Toss Up"  (Read 3491 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RCP has moved North Carolina from "leans Romney" back to "Toss Up"
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
This is from the Atlantic on Apr 16, 2012

That's from April 16....over six months ago.

Plus, as that article said and as I've said, no incumbent has been under 50% and won the presidency.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
That's from April 16....over six months ago.

Plus, as that article said and as I've said, no incumbent has been under 50% and won the presidency.

Didn't I indicate that the article was published on April 16? Tell me something I don't already know. ;)

Do you honestly believe statistics will prevail? Truthfully, anything can happen. The odds makers have Obama winning by a relatively small margin. I am not a gambling man, so I won't be losing any bets regardless of who wins the Presidency.

We can all sit around making predictions and posting statements based on information we dig up in the news, on the Internet and largely from how we hope things will turn out on November 6, but until the winners are announced we are all just speculating and hoping we are right.

I am not the anti-333386. Sure I am rooting for Obama. I am a Democrat. However, I don't believe I can make the election go one way or another or my way by posting a bunch of nonsense and lies about the candidates. I'll leave that to nut jobs like 333386.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
Didn't I indicate that the article was published on April 16? Tell me something I don't already know. ;)

Do you honestly believe statistics will prevail? Truthfully, anything can happen. The odds makers have Obama winning by a relatively small margin. I am not a gambling man, so I won't be losing any bets regardless of who wins the Presidency.

We can all sit around making predictions and posting statements based on information we dig up in the news, on the Internet and largely from how we hope things will turn out on November 6, but until the winners are announced we are all just speculating and hoping we are right.

I am not the anti-333386. Sure I am rooting for Obama. I am a Democrat. However, I don't believe I can make the election go one way or another or my way by posting a bunch of nonsense and lies about the candidates. I'll leave that to nut jobs like 333386.

That's why statistics are used: To predict what has happened, based on what has happened.

I agree that we are, at best, speculating. But, that's why this forum is here. That's the fun of it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
That's why statistics are used: To predict what has happened, based on what has happened.

I agree that we are, at best, speculating. But, that's why this forum is here. That's the fun of it.

I'm with you on the "fun" part of why most of us post our agreements/opinions based on speculations and statistics in these forums. Then there are those who actually are taking this stuff very seriously; as if to suggest their opinion will change the outcome, come Tuesday, November 6.

Saw an interesting and humorous documentary last night called Mansome. In it, some barbers discuss how manly it is to get a haircut and talk politics. I actually remember those good ol' days when I had enough hair to justify paying a barber to cut it. There was no better place to shoot the breeze on any number of topics. Perhaps Internet forums are the new barbershop for us men.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
It appears to be as hot as a glacier.

Case in point: Wisconsin is tied; Biden is dispatched there immediately for a late rally.

NC is "tied"....crickets from the Obama administration.....And NC is worth MORE EC VOTES than Wisconsin is (15 vs. 10).

And now that two more polls just showed up on RCP with Romney up by 6 and 8 in Rasmussen and Gravis Marketing, respectively, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that NC goes back to "Lean Romney" sooner than later.

Still think this is "hot" territory for Obama, Vince?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
I'm with you on the "fun" part of why most of us post our agreements/opinions based on speculations and statistics in these forums. Then there are those who actually are taking this stuff very seriously; as if to suggest their opinion will change the outcome, come Tuesday, November 6.

Saw an interesting and humorous documentary last night called Mansome. In it, some barbers discuss how manly it is to get a haircut and talk politics. I actually remember those good ol' days when I had enough hair to justify paying a barber to cut it. There was no better place to shoot the breeze on any number of topics. Perhaps Internet forums are the new barbershop for us men.

I remember those days too. And since razors and shaving cream are far cheaper than Rogaine and toupees, I just shaved my head completely bald 3 years ago and have been that way since then.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
I remember those days too. And since razors and shaving cream are far cheaper than Rogaine and toupees, I just shaved my head completely bald 3 years ago and have been that way since then.

You have to love the easy maintenance of a buzz cut or a shaved head. My style is the buzz cut because it is less dramatic than a shaved head and because, since retiring, I have grown a full beard which I also buzz when I am cutting my hair, every 5 days or so. These days, my hair is mostly white. Since I had blondish hair most of my life, the white hair looks fine with my light olive skin tone and green eye color.