Author Topic: Gravity Boots  (Read 27204 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Gravity Boots
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 03:10:18 AM »
Do not worry Wooo do it.  ;) Will improve your well being , co ordination and more...

speaking of which... interesting study on transcendental meditation

http://circoutcomes.ahajournals.org/content/early/2012/11/13/CIRCOUTCOMES.112.967406.abstract

Stress Reduction in the Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Randomized, Controlled Trial of Transcendental Meditation and Health Education in Blacks

Robert H. Schneider, MD, FACC, Clarence E. Grim, MD, Maxwell V. Rainforth, PhD, Theodore Kotchen, MD, Sanford I. Nidich, EdD, Carolyn Gaylord-King, PhD, John W. Salerno, PhD, Jane Morley Kotchen, MD, MPH and Charles N. Alexander, PhD†

From the Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention, Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, IA (R.H.S., M.V.R., S.I.N., C.G-K., J.W.S., C.N.A.); Center for Natural Medicine and Prevention, Maharishi University of Management Research Institute, Maharishi Vedic City, IA (R.H.S., M.V.R., S.I.N., C.G-K., J.W.S.); and Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI (C.E.G., T.K., J.M.K.).
Correspondence to Robert H. Schneider, MD, FACC, Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention, Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, IA 52556. E-mail RSchneider@mum.edu

Abstract

Background—Blacks have disproportionately high rates of cardiovascular disease. Psychosocial stress may contribute to this disparity. Previous trials on stress reduction with the Transcendental Meditation (TM) program have reported improvements in cardiovascular disease risk factors, surrogate end points, and mortality in blacks and other populations.

Methods and Results—This was a randomized, controlled trial of 201 black men and women with coronary heart disease who were randomized to the TM program or health education. The primary end point was the composite of all-cause mortality, myocardial infarction, or stroke. Secondary end points included the composite of cardiovascular mortality, revascularizations, and cardiovascular hospitalizations; blood pressure; psychosocial stress factors; and lifestyle behaviors. During an average follow-up of 5.4 years, there was a 48% risk reduction in the primary end point in the TM group (hazard ratio, 0.52; 95% confidence interval, 0.29–0.92; P=0.025). The TM group also showed a 24% risk reduction in the secondary end point (hazard ratio, 0.76; 95% confidence interval, 0.51–0.1.13; P=0.17). There were reductions of 4.9 mm Hg in systolic blood pressure (95% confidence interval −8.3 to –1.5 mm Hg; P=0.01) and anger expression (P<0.05 for all scales). Adherence was associated with survival.

Conclusions—A selected mind–body intervention, the TM program, significantly reduced risk for mortality, myocardial infarction, and stroke in coronary heart disease patients. These changes were associated with lower blood pressure and psychosocial stress factors. Therefore, this practice may be clinically useful in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 03:19:55 AM »
Interesting Wooo, i think the benifits of a calm mind are clear.Heart disease runs in my Family too and my Father sufferd a bad heart attack at my age.. :( still i exercise and do not smoke and am really into mental fitness too.."Mens sana in corpore sano" (A healthy mind in a Healthy Body)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:57 AM »
yeah that's my focus as well. i work in a high stress job and i have been lifting violently (sledgehammer training) and heavy for the last little while...

i credit the addition of yoga with my current injury free status (even my elbows feel great) and with helping me continue to make gains (stress is the biggest part of CNS overload IMO)

in december i'll be moving into one of the 3 official china towns in Toronto (moving to Agincourt aka 'Asiancourt') and there are several community groups that offers free tai chi... their intended audience is mostly 60-plus but i'm told that i will be welcomed with open arms

i should point out that i look kind of funny doing tai chi... i'm a big fricken white guy with a shaved head...

What kind of Yoga do you currently practice?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »

What kind of Yoga do you currently practice?

hatha, with a focus on pranayama (the art of the breath)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:12 AM »
hatha, with a focus on pranayama (the art of the breath)
sounds like you are well into it Wooo...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
sounds like you are well into it Wooo...

it's been 5 months but i'm pretty comfortable in all intermediate poses... some of the advanced poses will likely elude me for years but regardless i really enjoy yoga...

tai chi is very new to me (but lots of fun), I try to meditate for 30 minutes per week minimum (guided meditation with something i downloaded from youtube) and i'm going to try pilates on the weekend...

fun stuff

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:54 AM »
have heard that pilates is very effective too... you will i am sure see some nice girls in there too... :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »
have heard that pilates is very effective too... you will i am sure see some nice girls in there too... :D

meh... gonna due it at home with my wife...

turns her on when we workout together  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
meh... gonna due it at home with my wife...

turns her on when we workout together  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D

Dien1984

• Getbig I
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 12:57:25 AM »
i'm interested in them too... i've been doing inversions for a while now as part of yoga... my only fear is that after 20-30 minutes of hanging upside-down i could get stuck...

What are the results of inversion table exercises? I am going to start this exercise in a weekend. Just wanted to get an idea.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 09:35:23 AM »
 :)
X