Author Topic: Zuver's Gym  (Read 85832 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Zuver's Gym
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »
Zuver's Saga of Bodybuilding

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: Zuver's Gym
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Zuver's Saga of Bodybuilding
There is a story that has never been told about Zuver's

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
Now you're talking!!

POTA

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »
I think I'm gonna need to go buy me some popcorn for this thread.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »
I think I'm gonna need to go buy me some popcorn for this thread.

Nice to hear from you POTA old friend.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »

That's what it looked like when it was Finished. It was on the wall above Zuver's Equipment Showroom.
Story to come soon.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
That's what it looked like when it was Finished. It was on the wall above Zuver's Equipment Showroom.
Story to come soon.
RZ

This massive painting was 52 1/2ft long by 7ft tall. It has 16 of the greatest Bodybuilders of all time. It took almost three years to compleat. The players are life size. It was painted by a master velvet painter by the name of Eric Askew. Ill list the names on another post later. It's starts with the great Eugene Sandow 1893 and ends with the great Frank Zane 1980. These were the guys that stood out to Bob Zuver. They might not be the choice of everyone but to pop they were the wright choice. More later.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 04:07:20 AM »
This massive painting was 52 1/2ft long by 7ft tall. It has 16 of the greatest Bodybuilders of all time. It took almost three years to compleat. The players are life size. It was painted by a master velvet painter by the name of Eric Askew. Ill list the names on another post later. It's starts with the great Eugene Sandow 1893 and ends with the great Frank Zane 1980. These were the guys that stood out to Bob Zuver. They might not be the choice of everyone but to pop they were the wright choice. More later.

Nice.
I honestly can't tell from the picture, but it looks like maybe Franco towards the right - two over from Arnold?

In thinking of the other guys from that era I would have included:
Reg Park
Jim Park
Grimmek
Scott
Draper
Reeves
Pearl
Billy March

I'm interested to see how many - if any - of my choices turn out to coincide with your Dad's.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »

that's bodybuildings equivallant to the sistine chapel. inspired by michaeangelo. waiting to hear more from a true insider.
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:50 AM »

Nice.
I honestly can't tell from the picture, but it looks like maybe Franco towards the right - two over from Arnold?

In thinking of the other guys from that era I would have included:
Reg Park
Jim Park
Grimmek
Scott
Draper
Reeves
Pearl
Billy March

I'm interested to see how many - if any - of my choices turn out to coincide with your Dad's.

Well here is the list of the Greats that pop respected in the day. You had a few of his choices also.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:09:36 AM »
that's bodybuildings equivallant to the sistine chapel. inspired by michaeangelo. waiting to hear more from a true insider.

It was awsome to see in person. I still have this painting in storage. It's still in Presteen Condishen. It was painted on one sheet of black velvet. It's 7ft tall x 53ft long. Someday I hope to have it placed in a museum
Somewhere so that the muscle world can come and view it for themselves. That's what pop wanted to see happen with it. Just need somewhere with a 60 foot wall. Ill send a few cut up pic's later.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »
It was awsome to see in person. I still have this painting in storage. It's still in Presteen Condishen. It was painted on one sheet of black velvet. It's 7ft tall x 53ft long. Someday I hope to have it placed in a museum
Somewhere so that the muscle world can come and view it for themselves. That's what pop wanted to see happen with it. Just need somewhere with a 60 foot wall. Ill send a few cut up pic's later.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »
Well here is the list of the Greats that pop respected in the day. You had a few of his choices also.
RZ

There were two more that weren't part of this main painting. See if you can guess who they were.
If you get it right ill tell you that you did and send you a set of Zuver's Hall of Fame Window Stickers from the original Gym. The real deal.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:57 AM »
There were two more that weren't part of this main painting. See if you can guess who they were.
If you get it right ill tell you that you did and send you a set of Zuver's Hall of Fame Window Stickers from the original Gym. The real deal.
RZ

Here is what you'll get for guessing right.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06:16 AM »
Great thread...maybe this forum will start to get a little action again!

Robert, Did Charles Atlas ever train at Zuvers? I know he was into fitness and exercise all the way until his passing.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »

Robert, Did Charles Atlas ever train at Zuvers? I know he was into fitness and exercise all the way until his passing.

I was told he did visit and was egged on by my dad to try a few of our odd lifts from the back stage. Perhaps the water Berrel, or the one finger lift. Or my dads favorite The Big 500lb one handed Blob.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »

Here's somthing a friend of mine did. This is a actual casting of Richard's right hand on display at The Stark Center In Astin Texas. Richard has great hand straight. Have any of you done this???
RZ

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:53 PM »
RZ
guy on right i would guess was steve reeves but he's already on there possibly rick wayne?
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
guy on right i would guess was steve reeves but he's already on there possibly rick wayne?
on second thought bob paris.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
on second thought bob paris.
bob paris and frank richard.... final answer....????
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
bob paris and frank richard.... final answer....????

Nope
Keep trying.

POTA

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
That name sounds very familiar. Was Eric also the artist behind the famous Zuver's Plates design?

POTA

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
RZ
I really hope this happens. This thing is epic. I'd definitely make a trip to see it in a museum.