Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 22, 2014, 04:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Lucas sells Lucasfilm to Disney for $4 BILLION  (Read 2617 times)
Parker
Getbig V

Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »

What's interesting is that Cartoon network has Clone Wars and another Star Wars cartoon coming out.  Wonder if Disney will pull or move them to their channel.  The Star Wars Detour show is a little too edgy for Disney.
Disney will waterdown the Cartoon. It has a dark vibe to it that I really like.
Unless they get the same person who did "Gargoyles", I feel that Disney will do away with the vibe. Just look at how Darth Maul was brought back...I think Disney wouldn't have done as well.

If Disney takes it to Batman Returns: Part 1 (the cartoon), then it would be great
Report to moderator   Logged
BIG ACH
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

Fun fact for you guys....  Verizon wireless licenses the Droid brand of Android cell phones and pays a license fee to lucasfilms so that they can use that brand name.

I guess now Disney will be getting that money.

See the footnote!

* droid.jpg (97.62 KB, 1373x320 - viewed 359 times.)
Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

Let the pussification of Star Wars begin.
Begin? Lucas was doing a good job of that on his own.
Nomad
Getbig IV

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »

Begin? Lucas was doing a good job of that on his own.

dont say that  Cry

you're going to make poor ani cry

all drugs - TPPIIP
POB
Getbig IV

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »

At least you'll get a Star Wars ride at the park instead of 20,000 leagues under the sea
BIG ACH
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »

At least you'll get a Star Wars ride at the park instead of 20,000 leagues under the sea

There already was a Star Wars ride at the park!  "Star Tours" at Disney Hollywood Studios in Orlando!
Archer77
Getbig V

Team Shizzo

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 07:14:18 PM »

Disney will waterdown the Cartoon. It has a dark vibe to it that I really like.
Unless they get the same person who did "Gargoyles", I feel that Disney will do away with the vibe. Just look at how Darth Maul was brought back...I think Disney wouldn't have done as well.

If Disney takes it to Batman Returns: Part 1 (the cartoon), then it would be great

I look forward to Episode 7 Twilight in space.  I hope there are vampires.

A
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »

i want to be a billionaire so fucking bad...
BIG ACH
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »

Grin

magikusar
Time Out
Getbig IV

Team Ayn Rand

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

Let the pussification of Star Wars begin.

uh

have your seen the recent 3?  pussification already nuked it

look forward to political correctness on overdrive and obama to play a jedi  with george bush as final dark jedi boss LOL
Tyr
Getbig IV

Head of deliverance

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

A seventh movie in the making? Oh joy. Roll Eyes
BIG ACH
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »

Grin

snx
Getbig IV

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »

Bring back more Natalie Portman. Can't go wrong.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 06:46:19 AM »

Episode 7 will be after return of the Jedi, so no Jar Jar, not Darth as he's dead.  No Padme.  it will be a new Luke and Han a little older.  no Yoda.  No Sith period since they were all killed off.  Who will the bad guy be?  This will be a complete reboot of the series. 

I will predict this now.  Disney is on this female lead kick.  They will try to make Princess Leah who has Darth's blood out to be the new Sith. yes a female sith lord.  Luke will struggle to fight her and Han loves her.  This will be total shit.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:28 AM »

I'm betting they bring back Boba Fett.

Y
Parker
Getbig V

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »

Episode 7 will be after return of the Jedi, so no Jar Jar, not Darth as he's dead.  No Padme.  it will be a new Luke and Han a little older.  no Yoda.  No Sith period since they were all killed off.  Who will the bad guy be?  This will be a complete reboot of the series. 

I will predict this now.  Disney is on this female lead kick.  They will try to make Princess Leah who has Darth's blood out to be the new Sith. yes a female sith lord.  Luke will struggle to fight her and Han loves her.  This will be total shit.
Darth was brought back in the Cartoon...they explained everything...unless they killed him again
I look forward to Episode 7 Twilight in space.  I hope there are vampires.
Space Vampires, are very awesome.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:33 AM »

Darth was brought back in the Cartoon...they explained everything...unless they killed him againSpace Vampires, are very awesome.

Darth Maul was pre-Vader.  Maul was brought back in the cartoon but it was still pre-vader and pre Star Wars Episode III revenge of the Sith.  Darth Maul never gets mentioned in that or Episode IV-VI.  Vader is dead and so is the Emperor.

They will need to create a Sith Lord now.  Yoda said that the Sith is always a mentor and an Apprentice.  Who is the mentor?  I bet it will become Leah, the apprentice will be her kid or someone else.  Who knows.  Disney is into strong female characters and if they start filming soon, you can bet that will be their angle to attract girl viewers to Star Wars.  They know the male geeks are already on board so they will throw in a female lead.
Parker
Getbig V

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 07:54:21 AM »

^starting to get as confusing as the Marvel and DC universes.
Emmortal
Getbig V

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

The Emperor was a clone.  I believe in the books that Luke and Leah started up a Jedi academy again after his fathers death because all the Jedi had been killed off.   Been a long time since I read them so could be a bit fuzzy.
Nails
Getbig V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVI2DmLI2Q

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »

Actor-writer-director Jon Favreau, known lately for his involvement in the "Iron Man" series, simply "@" replied a fan who commented on his profile photo which depicts "Star Wars" character R2-D2 in "Iron Man"-like armor. (Was Favreau tipped off to the deal early? He is part of Disney's extended family, after all.)

Here are major questions the Lucas-Disney deal raises:

Didn't Lucas just say there would be no more "Star Wars"?

When Lucas was asked in January whether he would make another "Star Wars," he told the New York Times, "Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are." Lucas addressed this head on Tuesday saying, "I always thought I wasn't going to do any more ["Star Wars" films], and that's true: I'm not going to do any more. But that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to turn it over to Kathy." Disney announced Lucas will stay on as a creative consultant for the next "Star Wars" trilogy and that Kathleen Kennedy -- who will be taking over as president of Lucasfilm -- will exec. produce the upcoming series. (Kennedy is a longtime producer for Lucas' pal Steven Spielberg dating back to 1982's global hit "E.T." She is currently Lucasfilm's co-chairwoman.) Lucas further indicated that he will be handing over already-made story treatments for the next trilogy of films (Episodes VII, VIII and IX).

Where does this leave the "Star Wars" television show?

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" has been airing on Cartoon Network since 2008. Disney CEO Bob Iger picked up the baton, saying Tuesday, "We really like Star Wars' potential on TV, and Disney XD would be a great home for that." Hmmm. Interesting.

How does this compare to other Disney buyouts?

The Disney-Lucas deal is about the same as what the company paid for Marvel Comics -- around $4 billion. But what Disney got this time around is much different: Marvel has a much larger catalog of characters than does Lucasfilm (established in 1971), which is a much younger company than Marvel (founded in 1939). Lucasfilm, however, has many more films under its belt than Marvel did when it was purchased. In comparison, Disney bought Pixar -- also much younger than Marvel -- for much, much more money: more than $7 billion. (It's worth noting that George Lucas used to own Pixar before he sold it to the late Steve Jobs in 1986.)

Will Princess Leia become an official Disney princess?

The answer to that is not yet clear, but Disney did announce plans to further the "Star Wars" brand in their parks, games and "other initiatives." Watch out Star Tours -- you have some competition now!

Watch George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy discuss the future of "Star Wars":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY</a>
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »

The Emperor was a clone.  I believe in the books that Luke and Leah started up a Jedi academy again after his fathers death because all the Jedi had been killed off.   Been a long time since I read them so could be a bit fuzzy.
Close. The emperor has many clones that he uses as backup bodies as the amount of dark side energy he uses is constantly tearing his bodies apart.

Han and leia get married, and Luke starts a Jedi academy.

And yes, I was a star wars nerd when I wad younger.
Lungrenisback
Getbig V

Team Canada!!!

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »

Star Wars should have been taken away from George years ago.  The Phantom Menace proved that the Star Wars mythology had passed him by.  Better to hand it over to younger and more creative folks who grew up with it and can open the universe up for more stories and movies. 
Well aparantly he wasn't the main director on the two in the 80's and in the first movie he being told by the studio's at ever turn.

It's the same thing that happened with the matrix, guys get famous think there hot shit when there not, end up creating nothing but shit.
arce1988
Getbig V

ARCE USA USMC

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »

Ruined.
PJim
Getbig IV

I took my potatoes down to be mashed.

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »

Never a fan of them anyway
Papper
Getbig V

Workout to FEEL good

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »

George looks happy strolling the mall with his wife. 

Great spot!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!