Author Topic: Conditioning Day  (Read 6303 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Conditioning Day
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
Ah okay - For just your average gym rat looking to peel the last bit of fat do you think it would be a worthy inclusion ? not for a real athlete - or maybe a weight vest and taking to the stairs (there's lots of stairs here) - Tyre's and a good prowler are not available to me yet and I find indoor work in the gym boring  - Thanks for your input  :)

Getting your ass owned off of GetBig over a girl you e-dated burns a few calories.   ::)
K

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »
Ah okay - For just your average gym rat looking to peel the last bit of fat do you think it would be a worthy inclusion ? not for a real athlete - or maybe a weight vest and taking to the stairs (there's lots of stairs here) - Tyre's and a good prowler are not available to me yet and I find indoor work in the gym boring  - Thanks for your input  :)

Stairs are great, weight vests are great, the combination of and results are great.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »
Getting your ass owned off of GetBig over a girl you e-dated burns a few calories.   ::)
Posting on all your gimmicks must burn a few to  ;)

Stairs are great, weight vests are great, the combination of and results are great.
Thanks mate will pick one up Tomorrow  :)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »
Posting on all your gimmicks must burn a few to  ;)

no wonder she e-dumped your ass
K

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
no wonder she e-dumped your ass
It was actually the reverse, I told her to E - fuck off, but what ever is real in your mind  ;) - Tho you must have a very fulfilling life where it's so important to "own" people on the internet and post on all these accounts. <---- Last reply to you BTW h0mo, burnt to many calories on you as is - out to enjoy the sun and a nice stroll along the scenic waterfront with fine company - toodles gayn0r xox0x  :-*

Sorry coach for ruining your thread

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
Gayer than a treadmill at 3.5 for 90min thinkingyour burning fat? Haha.

Gayer than believing there is such thing as fat burning.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »
lots of wimpy stuff going on in these vids nice post bro

At 320lbs you couldn't do 1/4 of that stuff....

No crossshit, I won't allow it. Just some conditioning at the end of our strongman training.

Yes Coach...as much as you disdain it, thats the same type of shit cross fit does.  WSM, Crossfit, your thing...all cut from the same mold.  Tell me how your thing differed from a crossfit workout.  No flame, just be respectful..

This was a workout I did :

Sprint 125yd
150# Prowler Push 25yd
300# tire flip 5x
Deadlift 1.5x bodyweight 5x

AMRAP in 30 mins.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
joe=looking old

bench

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
It was actually the reverse, I told her to E - fuck off, but what ever is real in your mind  ;) - Tho you must have a very fulfilling life where it's so important to "own" people on the internet and post on all these accounts. <---- Last reply to you BTW h0mo, burnt to many calories on you as is - out to enjoy the sun and a nice stroll along the scenic waterfront with fine company - toodles gayn0r xox0x  :-*

Sorry coach for ruining your thread

we've heard all that before wilma

you still bang on and on about how you didn't get dumped when everybody knows she made a monkey out of your ass
K

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 01:49:52 AM »
joe=looking old

bench

welcome back man :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
At 320lbs you couldn't do 1/4 of that stuff....

Yes Coach...as much as you disdain it, thats the same type of shit cross fit does.  WSM, Crossfit, your thing...all cut from the same mold.  Tell me how your thing differed from a crossfit workout. No flame, just be respectful..

This was a workout I did :

Sprint 125yd
150# Prowler Push 25yd
300# tire flip 5x
Deadlift 1.5x bodyweight 5x

AMRAP in 30 mins.

Crossfit is a program of randomness. There is no plan, just throw a bunch exercises together in no particular order that would even come close to making sense that fry's your CNS that leads to injuries. This particular conditioning was put at the end of our regular training (Saturdays are strongman days). One of my main beefs with crossfit (and to their credit, seems like it's changing) is doing high rep O-lifts then combining it with some other high-rep exercise (box jumps for example) or sprint. If you take the O-lifts out or at least do them at the beginning as a power exercise (as it was intended) then you're making an improvment to the program. Pull ups with a kip, so many injuries. "muscle-ups"...what does this prove if you're not a gymnast?

The day that we do this particular training, there is no o-lifts and no other compound exercises. Keg walks, farmers walks, sandbags, prowler or truck push, tire flips, sled drags, hand over hand pulls with loaded sled, etc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »
I pulled this right from the crossfit website, you tell me what is wrong with this? (the pic was in the same workout as if an accomplishment)

50 Pull-ups
75 Sit-ups
75 pound Overhead squat, 50 reps
75 Double-unders

EIGHT months preggo...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 08:37:50 AM »
50-rep squats for what reason ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 08:40:37 AM »

BINGO!!

and this is AFTER 50 pullups and 75 sit ups (which ruins your low back anyway)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »

to keep the heart rate elevated would be my guess

the key to obtaining a very high level of fitness ie. conditioning is to keep the heart rate elevated at a very high level for a period of 10-15 min

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 08:43:55 AM »

conditioning ?

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 08:44:53 AM »
BINGO!!

and this is AFTER 50 pullups and 75 sit ups (which ruins your low back anyway)

coach ever just do suicides like in basketball camp?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »
Crossfit is a program of randomness. There is no plan, just throw a bunch exercises together in no particular order that would even come close to making sense that fry's your CNS that leads to injuries. This particular conditioning was put at the end of our regular training (Saturdays are strongman days). One of my main beefs with crossfit (and to their credit, seems like it's changing) is doing high rep O-lifts then combining it with some other high-rep exercise (box jumps for example) or sprint. If you take the O-lifts out or at least do them at the beginning as a power exercise (as it was intended) then you're making an improvment to the program. Pull ups with a kip, so many injuries. "muscle-ups"...what does this prove if you're not a gymnast?

The day that we do this particular training, there is no o-lifts and no other compound exercises. Keg walks, farmers walks, sandbags, prowler or truck push, tire flips, sled drags, hand over hand pulls with loaded sled, etc.

You should look up outlaw crossfit...you may be surprised.  Lots of WSB influence.  They do things to train for the games just like anything else.  I can point out so many sports that use various training techniques to become better at their chosen sport/activity.  I am sure there are a shit load of things MMA guys do that most people would say "What the fuck does that have to do with punching someone in the face?"  What does a hand over hand rope pull have to do with, say, football?

Are you assuming things are thrown together with no sense or have you spoken to people who designed programs?  My CNS has not been fried.  How is it your most intense workout doesn't fry the CNS, but a crossfit routine does?  

I understand your beef with the high rep olympic lift combination thing, but they aren't doing maximal loads with that stuff.  Yesterdays workout for me was :

135# Power Clean x 5
(at 5th rep of power clean, keep bar up and do the following)
135# front squat x 5

8mins AMRAP

Was does you climbing a set of tires do?  Am I monkey?  No, its functional for SOMETHING.  Yes?  A muscle up uses muscles in a different way.  They aren't asking people to put together a floor routine.  If so, then I would say they are trying to make people into gymnasts.  Using the rings makes you use balance and proprioception to complete a move.  Thats it.

As far as someone trainign 8-mos pregnant...you want to use that as an example?  How many examples of programs from any of the shitty bodybuilding magazines can I list that are garbage.  How many kids can I find youtube videos on that are doing things wrong?  With all due respect, are you a pediatrician?  Whats wrong with her doing pullups, situps, double unders, or even squats?  Seriously.  If she had any issues with her cervix, I would say that you would have a valid point.  If she was working out before her pregnancy, she should continue exercising now.  Now, if she was doing tons of olympic movements, I WOULD agree that it would be of concern>

trust me Joe...I see where you are coming from.  You hate the cult-koolaid part of cross fit.  I hate it too.  But when you take a step back and look and see what some of what they are doing...you would have to agree that its not as bad as you think.

Why can't someone do a 50-rep squat?  How many times have we seen people with programs where they do 100-rep sets.  John Meadows (moutain dog) talks about doing rear lateral stuff with 30 - 35 reps.  You run with a sand bag over one shoulder.  To me that creates an imbalance on one side altering the normal gate of the individual performing the movement.  When will someone have to run with a sandbag over their shoulder?  What sport is that for?  Again, NOT a flame...but you can't criticize in one direction.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 09:17:32 AM »

the key to obtaining a very high level of fitness ie. conditioning is to keep the heart rate elevated at a very high level for a period of 10-15 min

The most important thing in life in parallel with the bench-press and the mile-run is to leave behind something to be considered, such as a pyramid-shit or a building full of secrets.  I'm not sure if squats for 20+ reps contribute to this.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
The most important thing in life in parallel with the bench-press and the mile-run is to leave behind something to be considered, such as a pyramid-shit or a building full of secrets.  I'm not sure if squats for 20+ reps contribute to this.

lol

and don't forget one's ancestral backround ;D

Mentzer and Zane=Germanic ancestry

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
Stupid kids with stupid parents getting riped of their money by a scam artist.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
lol

and don't forget one's ancestral backround ;D

Mentzer and Zane=Germanic ancestry

Hmm yes Germanic ancestry seems to be an important factor here.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »

Can you recommend a good weight vest?
I'm more concerned with quality than price.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »
Stupid kids with stupid parents

Describes you to a "T" fatbody

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »

This, this, this and this. It's pretty much why I've stopped the treadmill altogether now. I could run 10 miles at one point without breaking too much sweat, as long as I settled into a nice comfortable pace. But ask me to do 20 star jumps, 20 push ups x 3 without taking a breather, and I'd gas in minutes, and I mean I was totally fucked, having to almost lie down.