Author Topic: Serbia - Franz and WWI  (Read 8145 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Serbia
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
the habsburgs and ferdinand and the whole lot of them can go and suck cock.

;D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
just an observation in my country

albanians here are mostly burglars, prostitution rings, and other types of criminals

Not gonna deny that there are such a things but, movies create myths and stereotypes to vilify a people more from the reality. Kind of how hollywood always makes Americans the 'heroes' even though that's quite far from reality.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »
Serbs rock.
Franz was bored and shot his body into the bullet.
It was an open idiocy/aggression on the part of Ferdinand to travel around.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Now this is where it gets complicated, so stick with me: Clearly the Austro-Hungarians were angry and out for revenge, even though the Archduke was not the head of state, but a nephew of the Emperor Franz Josef, indeed a nephew whom the Emperor had cut off from the royal family because he had married a ‘mere’ countess.

Anyway, The Austro-Hungarians were out to use the assassination to expand their empire and set Serbia in their sights.

They carried out a quick investigation and established that Alex23 was in fact a Serb nationalist, whereas he was actually a Bosnian who had been raised in Croatia—confused? You will be. So were the great powers, who sought to tell the Austro-Hungarians to ‘calm down’. They didn’t.

They presented Serbia with a list of demands, most of which, under pressure from Great Britain, Germany and France, they agreed to, but not all. Dissatisfied by the Serb response and Queen Vissys deep-tissue massage, the Austro-Hungarians declared war on the Serbs.

This presented a problem for the rest of Europe because the Germans, Italians and Ottoman Empire had a pact, a bit like NATO, where an attack on one was deemed an attack on all. Okay? Well not really, because the Serbs had a pact too. Who with? The Russians. So? Well you see the Russians had a pact also. Who with? France. Anyone else? Err, Great Britain. Oh #$@*!

Well at least it was restricted to Europe? Well not quite, you see Britain had a pact. With the Americans? No, with the Japanese.
The Japanese! Yes.  And so:

June 28, 1914: assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

July 28: Austria-Hungary, declares war on Serbia.

August 1: Germany declares war against Russia.

August 4: Britain declares war on Germany.

August 6: Austria-Hungary declares war on Russia.

August 23: Japan declares war on Germany.

September 12: Goodrum declares war on Derek Anthony.

It’s not over yet: In 1917 the United States was having its neutrality tested by repeated attacks by German submarines on American merchant vessels carrying goods across the Atlantic, but it was not until the Germans tried to make an alliance with Mexico, yes Mexico, in which the Germans would give the Mexicans substantial cash to help them reclaim the territories of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, that American patience finally broke and they declared war on Germany.

Okay, so we now have all out war resulting directly in the deaths of 38 million military forces; it couldn’t get any worse. Could it?

Well with the entry of the Ottoman Turks onto the side of the Austro-Hungarians and Germans in 1914, the Russians had their major trade route through the Black Sea and the Bosporus blocked and the Russian economy waging a war against Germany in the north and unable to trade and bring in supplies through the south, was facing and economic and social meltdown. The Russians had lost five million men on the Eastern Front. Sensing the growing dissatisfaction with the war and the leadership of Tsar Nicholas, the Germans funded revolutionary propaganda. The result was the February and October Revolutions of 1917, which saw the rise to power of Vladimir Lenin and months later, Russia was plunged to a bloody civil war between the Bolsheviks, the Red Army and the White Russian counter-revolutionaries, who were supported by Britain, America, Japan and France . . . and millions more lost their lives.

Good news: The Germans surrender on 11 November, 1918 and there followed six months of peace negotiations in Paris, resulting in the Treaty of Versailles,  which was signed on June 28, 1919—five years to the day since the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.  

The victorious allied powers were determined that Germany, in particular, should pay a heavy price for the war.  They were required to make war reparations, which were so enormous, the German government didn’t make its final repayment until October, 2010!!!

At the time, it was viewed by many that the territorial concessions and financial payments were so severe, that they would not only bankrupt Germany, they would humiliate it. Needless to say Germany played no part in the negotiations of the treaty and yet, was left with no alternative but to implement its harsh provisions.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
  Thank you.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
u kanadi, kako tamo u svajcarskoj?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
  For the record, I loved Yugoslavia.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »
  For the record, I loved Yugoslavia.

Yes, me too. In the 80's there were but three things i loved, Yugoslavia, PEDs and Fornication.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
  I loved the females. The Serbs really liked me too. I was USA and USMC. They treated me great.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
Now this is where it gets complicated, so stick with me: Clearly the Austro-Hungarians were angry and out for revenge, even though the Archduke was not the head of state, but a nephew of the Emperor Franz Josef, indeed a nephew whom the Emperor had cut off from the royal family because he had married a ‘mere’ countess.

Anyway, The Austro-Hungarians were out to use the assassination to expand their empire and set Serbia in their sights.

They carried out a quick investigation and established that Alex23 was in fact a Serb nationalist, whereas he was actually a Bosnian who had been raised in Croatia—confused? You will be. So were the great powers, who sought to tell the Austro-Hungarians to ‘calm down’. They didn’t.

They presented Serbia with a list of demands, most of which, under pressure from Great Britain, Germany and France, they agreed to, but not all. Dissatisfied by the Serb response and Queen Vissys deep-tissue massage, the Austro-Hungarians declared war on the Serbs.

This presented a problem for the rest of Europe because the Germans, Italians and Ottoman Empire had a pact, a bit like NATO, where an attack on one was deemed an attack on all. Okay? Well not really, because the Serbs had a pact too. Who with? The Russians. So? Well you see the Russians had a pact also. Who with? France. Anyone else? Err, Great Britain. Oh #$@*!

Well at least it was restricted to Europe? Well not quite, you see Britain had a pact. With the Americans? No, with the Japanese.
The Japanese! Yes.  And so:

June 28, 1914: assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

July 28: Austria-Hungary, declares war on Serbia.

August 1: Germany declares war against Russia.

August 4: Britain declares war on Germany.

August 6: Austria-Hungary declares war on Russia.

August 23: Japan declares war on Germany.

September 12: Goodrum declares war on Derek Anthony.

It’s not over yet: In 1917 the United States was having its neutrality tested by repeated attacks by German submarines on American merchant vessels carrying goods across the Atlantic, but it was not until the Germans tried to make an alliance with Mexico, yes Mexico, in which the Germans would give the Mexicans substantial cash to help them reclaim the territories of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, that American patience finally broke and they declared war on Germany.

Okay, so we now have all out war resulting directly in the deaths of 38 million military forces; it couldn’t get any worse. Could it?

Well with the entry of the Ottoman Turks onto the side of the Austro-Hungarians and Germans in 1914, the Russians had their major trade route through the Black Sea and the Bosporus blocked and the Russian economy waging a war against Germany in the north and unable to trade and bring in supplies through the south, was facing and economic and social meltdown. The Russians had lost five million men on the Eastern Front. Sensing the growing dissatisfaction with the war and the leadership of Tsar Nicholas, the Germans funded revolutionary propaganda. The result was the February and October Revolutions of 1917, which saw the rise to power of Vladimir Lenin and months later, Russia was plunged to a bloody civil war between the Bolsheviks, the Red Army and the White Russian counter-revolutionaries, who were supported by Britain, America, Japan and France . . . and millions more lost their lives.

Good news: The Germans surrender on 11 November, 1918 and there followed six months of peace negotiations in Paris, resulting in the Treaty of Versailles,  which was signed on June 28, 1919—five years to the day since the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.  

The victorious allied powers were determined that Germany, in particular, should pay a heavy price for the war.  They were required to make war reparations, which were so enormous, the German government didn’t make its final repayment until October, 2010!!!

At the time, it was viewed by many that the territorial concessions and financial payments were so severe, that they would not only bankrupt Germany, they would humiliate it. Needless to say Germany played no part in the negotiations of the treaty and yet, was left with no alternative but to implement its harsh provisions.

lmao @   September 12: Goodrum declares war on Derek Anthony.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
dated a couple serb women, great sex but both were headcases lol.

wasn't the serb prime minister assassinated a few years back by a Zemun clan soldier? scary bunch.

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »
I heard that there's a place down there where millionaires from around the world can pay to torture and murder abducted tourists.  :-X

no no, this place to talk of is what is known as albanian, the "siptari".. a race of "people" whom the turks used to fight wars in Italy then the serbians allowed them to stay in an area  after the fighting was over( they were originally from Chechnya area), but we can see how that worked out, cant we ! ?

They wont tell you this though, they will tell you they are the ancestors of some Thracian race but it's a bag of shit, just like the bosniaks will say they are a different race of people and will never admit to being people who basically converted to islam during the ottoman invasion to be allowed to work more prestigious obs in the cities while the orthodox christians were stuck in villages and farms, other wise a bosnian is basically a muslim serbian. you can tell in about 1 second an albanian, they give of an aura of scumbaginess, im not even joking.

Not gonna deny that there are such a things but, movies create myths and stereotypes to vilify a people more from the reality. Kind of how hollywood always makes Americans the 'heroes' even though that's quite far from reality.

lol bullshit, if anything thye make those scum bags look better than they are, if any one here has met an albanian they will know just what these "people" are

As for serbia it's self, yes alot of fucked up shit happend and alot of people comeout of there not entirely theirs, but they are good hard working people in general.

We may be judged now, but give it some time and more Europe people will say " so that's why those serbians did that "

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Arce, this is a great subject to read on, because it is basically what started WW2. I just finished a book on theOttoman Empire, and it ends with a few pages on the beginning of World War One. I finished a book before the Ottoman book, about World War One, but you realize all of these fights have been going on for centuries. It started with imperialism between the first cousins that ruled Europe, and even more before that. It's confusing. I've been reading on these subjects the last few months, and just got a book on 1848, and another one on Mussolini. Shit is cool

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

I made that up, it's from the movie Hostel.   :)

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
I made that up, it's from the movie Hostel.   :)

lol, i see. But what you dont see is that movie is not so far off fro the truth

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
Arce, this is a great subject to read on, because it is basically what started WW2. I just finished a book on theOttoman Empire, and it ends with a few pages on the beginning of World War One. I finished a book before the Ottoman book, about World War One, but you realize all of these fights have been going on for centuries. It started with imperialism between the first cousins that ruled Europe, and even more before that. It's confusing. I've been reading on these subjects the last few months, and just got a book on 1848, and another one on Mussolini. Shit is cool

I fucking love that shit, please recommend some books for me.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
lol, i see. But what you dont see is that movie is not so far off fro the truth

Scary, I kind of figured that was the case.

Your post is interesting, I'm googling that shit.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
no no, this place to talk of is what is known as albanian, the "siptari".. a race of "people" whom the turks used to fight wars in Italy then the serbians allowed them to stay in an area  after the fighting was over( they were originally from Chechnya area), but we can see how that worked out, cant we ! ?

They wont tell you this though, they will tell you they are the ancestors of some Thracian race but it's a bag of shit, just like the bosniaks will say they are a different race of people and will never admit to being people who basically converted to islam during the ottoman invasion to be allowed to work more prestigious obs in the cities while the orthodox christians were stuck in villages and farms, other wise a bosnian is basically a muslim serbian. you can tell in about 1 second an albanian, they give of an aura of scumbaginess, im not even joking.

lol bullshit, if anything thye make those scum bags look better than they are, if any one here has met an albanian they will know just what these "people" are

As for serbia it's self, yes alot of fucked up shit happend and alot of people comeout of there not entirely theirs, but they are good hard working people in general.

We may be judged now, but give it some time and more Europe people will say " so that's why those serbians did that "

Can you recommend any good books or websites that lay all this out so that I can understand it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
I fucking love that shit, please recommend some books for me.

Knights Cross
Rise and Fall of the Third Reich
Patton & Rommel
Ottoman Centuries
To End All Wars

I have been spending a lot of time in bookstores lately, following eras. The more you read, the further down the rabbit hole you fall.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
Knights Cross
Rise and Fall of the Third Reich
Patton & Rommel
Ottoman Centuries
To End All Wars

I have been spending a lot of time in bookstores lately, following eras. The more you read, the further down the rabbit hole you fall.

Funny, I know exactly what you mean!!!

Thanks!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
Yes reading is a good thing to consider, people should read more.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
  I saw it as it was taking care of it self. It had the Yugo car, and a lot of other things. I think the USA was afraid of it making it work. The USA and the UN broke it up. It was none of their business to do so. If a country is making it, leave them alone. All of this ethnic cleansing and humanity reason to go in there and steal their country was bs. Again, I loved the Serbs and hated the Albanians.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
most of balkan seems to be trash

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
 I know this will get deleted, moved, etc.,   but I still want to ask. Any one here Serbian? I have questions about Serbia. I know the O.E. screwed them... but Franz actually liked them... right? So why did they kill him? I know what my history books said. I want to know what you really think. Thanks. This is regarding WWI for my daughter.

I met two Lithuanians, who said us Caribbean guys are cool but they hate fucking Americans.  States are close, so they must be like Serbians?  Serbians do have marriage quality women.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
Serbia sucks.
a