Author Topic: When Romney loses, what will history say  (Read 12019 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: When Romney loses, what will history say
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
no way, this cannot be true.

I've been out canvassing a lot these past few weeks. I don't know which folks are on public assistance, but I find it interesting that the houses with a bunch of broken beater vehicles parked all over the front yards, weeds growing high, unpainted houses with garbage strewn everywhere are the one's where the contact information on my canvass contact sheet reads that they are Republican. I thought Republicans were rich folks. Guess there are some poor ones too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
F that.  He was never my leader and I hope he fails miserably since what is bad for Obama is good for america.

What obama wants is terrible for the average person in this country.   

What I find interesting about your posts in this thread is that you seem to be admitting defeat. Do you know something that no one else does? Granted the election looks really good for Obama right now, but like a lot of races, it is still very close. Anything can happen come Tuesday.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
What I find interesting about your posts in this thread is that you seem to be admitting defeat. Do you know something that no one else does? Granted the election looks really good for Obama right now, but like a lot of races, it is still very close. Anything can happen come Tuesday.

Absolutely not - I have no idea what is going to happen to be honest.

I'm 50-50 right now but think Romney pulls it out.   I think obama best case scenario is tight ev win while losing massive pop vote but mittens more likely winning.

If Obama loses the pop vote and wins ev by a hair it will be four more years of total chaos. 

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
What happened to 52-47? You seemed so certain?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
What happened to 52-47? You seemed so certain?

Sandy happened and i think the media created narrative that obama was doing a good job (which is total bs) gave him a point or so. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
Jesus Christ dude - really?  He has no intention of working w the GOP and what he wants is a disaster for this country. 

I'm hoping for him to have a disastrous second term mired in scandal over libya, fast n furious etc. 

Him succeeding equals amnesty, cap n trade, tax hikes, etc.

Fuck that and fuck him along w every stupid fuck voting for him.  Only a turd would even consider voting for obama. 

When I talk about him succeeding, I don't mean he should be able to push through things that can harm the country.  I'm talking about him compromising and doing things that will help the country.  I agree he probably won't, but my hope is he will do what is best for the country.  

Hopefully I don't have to worry about that if the people do the right thing tomorrow.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
F that.  He was never my leader and I hope he fails miserably since what is bad for Obama is good for america.

What obama wants is terrible for the average person in this country.   

If you live in the country as a citizen, then like it or not he is your leader.  Don't delude yourself.  Or else take your broke ass back to your home country with the rest of the Crytalians living there. 

Anyone saying they hope the president fails - not matter what party he is affiliated with - needs no spin or excuses to convey what they really mean.  His failure is YOUR failure as well.  Hard to imagine you are a stupid enough fuck to want to hold back the entire country simply because your man obsession with Obama has gotten the best of your tiny little brain.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
If you live in the country as a citizen, then like it or not he is your leader.  Don't delude yourself.  Or else take your broke ass back to your home country with the rest of the Crytalians living there. 

Anyone saying they hope the president fails - not matter what party he is affiliated with - needs no spin or excuses to convey what they really mean.  His failure is YOUR failure as well.  Hard to imagine you are a stupid enough fuck to want to hold back the entire country simply because your man obsession with Obama has gotten the best of your tiny little brain.

If Obama fails on Cap n Trade?    American taxpayers win 

If Obama fails on Amnesty?  American taxpayers win

If Obama fails on his war on fossil fuels ?  American taxpayers win 

If Obama fails on his islamization of the west and ME - we all win. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »
When I talk about him succeeding, I don't mean he should be able to push through things that can harm the country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
Andrea Mitchell: ‘If Pennsylvania Is In Play, Then This Is All Over For The President’(no filter!)
 Mediaite/MSNBC ^ | November 5, 2012 | Andrea Mitchell

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 3:39:13 PM

While examining some possible Electoral College scenarios with NBC News White House Correspondent Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell wondered why President Barack Obama’s campaign would send former President Bill Clinton to Philadelphia if they were confident the Keystone State was unlikely to flip to Mitt Romney on Tuesday. “If Pennsylvania is in play, then this is all over for the president,” Mitchell said.

“Why would you send Bill Clinton to Philadelphia if you weren’t certain that the people of Philadelphia were going to turn out and you would have a Democratic victory,” Mitchell asked Todd.

(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com ...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
Andrea Mitchell: ‘If Pennsylvania Is In Play, Then This Is All Over For The President’(no filter!)
 Mediaite/MSNBC ^ | November 5, 2012 | Andrea Mitchell

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 3:39:13 PM

While examining some possible Electoral College scenarios with NBC News White House Correspondent Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell wondered why President Barack Obama’s campaign would send former President Bill Clinton to Philadelphia if they were confident the Keystone State was unlikely to flip to Mitt Romney on Tuesday. “If Pennsylvania is in play, then this is all over for the president,” Mitchell said.

“Why would you send Bill Clinton to Philadelphia if you weren’t certain that the people of Philadelphia were going to turn out and you would have a Democratic victory,” Mitchell asked Todd.

(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com ...

Obama is ahead in the polls in Pennsylvania by 3.8 points today. Doesn't look like this is too big a problem for him.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
The excuse Repubs will tell themselves behind closed doors is that they need to do a better job of suppressing peoples access to vote.   People are standing in line for 8 hours in Florida for early voting.   You know that kills Repubs and they wish those people would just give up and go home.  Thats the America that they prefer.
QFT

Good post!
G

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
I've been out canvassing a lot these past few weeks. I don't know which folks are on public assistance, but I find it interesting that the houses with a bunch of broken beater vehicles parked all over the front yards, weeds growing high, unpainted houses with garbage strewn everywhere are the one's where the contact information on my canvass contact sheet reads that they are Republican. I thought Republicans were rich folks. Guess there are some poor ones too.

maybe they are just pro-rape and forced pregnancies

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »
Obama is ahead in the polls in Pennsylvania by 3.8 points today. Doesn't look like this is too big a problem for him.

Bill Clinton is in Philly, trying to rally the troops.....BIG PROBLEM!!!

Even Obama's deputy campaign manager is claiming that the race in PA has become "competitive".

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/11/05/cutter_pennsylvania_has_tightened_definitely_competitive.html

Pennsylvania...COMPETITI VE....THIS LATE?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 07:27:17 PM »
Penn doesn't have the same level of early voting as OH, FL, and VA.   Obama winnning all 3 handily.  Romney needs SICK turnout tomorrow to win those places.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
Penn doesn't have the same level of early voting as OH, FL, and VA.   Obama winnning all 3 handily.  Romney needs SICK turnout tomorrow to win those places.

Obama isn't winning handily in any of those states. And, I've posted the articles to prove it:

Tough News for Obama in Early Voting Figures
By Jim Geraghty
November 1, 2012 11:13 A.M.

Dave Wasserman of the Cook Political Report notes that the early vote in Virginia is not going the way the Obama campaign hoped: “Today’s new 10/31 numbers even more troubling for Obama. His best counties way off 2008 pace.” He elaborates that as of yesterday, 185,489 ballots had been cast in Obama localities, compared to 214,783 by this point in 2008, while 115,908 in McCain, compared to 117,224 in 2008.

He adds, “Obama strongholds Arlington –20.0%, Fairfax –20.9%, Richmond –13.7% (vs. just –9.2% statewide). Hmm . . .” and “In Romney strongholds, enthusiasm up. Hanover (33.1% Obama) turnout up 6.2%, Buchanan (coal country) up 14.5% vs. 2008.”

By the way, I will be quite surprised if Romney-Ryan doesn’t outpace McCain-Palin’s vote totals and percentages in northern Virginia by a healthy margin. I say that based on the GOP get-out-the-vote operations improving in the 2009 and 2010 elections, and the almost unbelievable numbers of A) Romney-Ryan signs (paid for by the Republican Party of Virginia) in neighborhoods like mine where Obama-Biden yard signs appeared standard-issue for all homeowners four years ago and B) George Allen for Senate yard signs.

In this morning’s Jolt, now in the hands of subscribers, I took a look at some indicators in Ohio, Wisconsin, and nationally.

Hey, remember how the Obama campaign’s fantastic get-out-the-vote operation was going to create this impregnable firewall of key swing states, and run up such an enormous advantage in the early vote that Romney would never be able to make up the difference?

First interesting indicator of the morning from early voting: I mentioned Tuesday that early voting in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — the Democrat vote stronghold that includes Cleveland — slipped behind the pace of 2008 after running ahead for the first twenty-eight days of early voting or so. (We don’t know how these early voters are voting, but Obama won this county 69 percent to 30 percent last time around, so we can presume he’s leading this cycle on a somewhat comparable rate.) Well, the early vote collapsed Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course, a big chunk of that dropoff is from the remains of Hurricane Sandy dumping snow and wind and miserable weather on the Cleveland area. But if we see early voting continue to be slow in these final days, it will be a bit of evidence that the Democrats’ get-out-the-early vote effort in Ohio isn’t really expanding their total share of the vote; they’re just getting their traditional Election Day voters to vote earlier.

The second interesting indicator from early voting:

Just as the presidential race is deadlocked in the campaign’s final days, the candidates are also running about even when it comes to the ground game. Voters nationally, as well those in the closely contested battleground states, report being contacted at about the same rates by each of the campaigns. And with a fifth of likely voters reporting already having cast their ballots, neither Barack Obama nor Mitt Romney has a clear advantage among early voters. This is in sharp contrast to early voting at this point four years ago, which favored Obama by a wide margin . . .

The Pew Research Center survey found that the race is even among all likely voters nationwide (47% Obama, 47% Romney). Unlike the last campaign, the race also is close among voters who say they have already voted.

In the poll, conducted Oct. 24-28, 19% of likely voters say they have already voted; that is unchanged from the same week in the 2008 campaign (Oct. 23-26, 2008). Currently, Romney holds a seven-point edge among early voters (50% to 43%); because of the small sample, this lead is not statistically significant. At this point four years ago, Obama led John McCain by 19 points (53% to 34%) among early voters.

Then there’s the third interesting indicator from early voting:

“If the election was held today, President Barack Obama would lose the state of Wisconsin because where his base is, we have not turned out the vote early,” Mayor Michael Hancock told a Democratic rally. “The suburbs and rural parts of Wisconsin — the Republican base — are voting. President Obama’s base has yet to go vote.

“We’ve got to get our people to go vote,” Hancock said.

Later Hancock talks to the Washington Examiner and explains,

“This is a very close race, and the point we’re trying to make is make sure the base shows up, turns out and begins to vote early,” Hancock said. “I saw where the votes were rolling in, and I said we’ve got to make sure that where the president’s base is, they get out and vote.”

First question: Just how many votes does the mayor of Denver stumping in Milwaukee bring out? “Hey, everybody, grab your friends and call your neighbors! Michael Hancock’s in town!” Are we sure this guy didn’t just want to take a trip to Milwaukee for some brats? I mean, isn’t Colorado a swing state?

Secondly, Hancock must have been briefed by somebody in the Obama campaign or the Wisconsin Democratic Party. So somebody is worried about the early vote in Wisconsin, at least so far!

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/332157/tough-news-obama-early-voting-fi

Then, there's Ohio. As mentioned earlier, Obama is down about 155,000 early votes from 2008; conversely, Romney's up at least 108,000 from what McCain had, as of Thursday night (I've heard more recent numbers of 120,000 from Rove, earlier today, as of Saturday night).

That wipes out the margin by which Obama won Ohio in 2008.

And, as far as Florida goes, per Politico, Romney's right behind Obama in early voting with 4.3 million ballots in the coffer, thus far (Obama 43%; Romney 40%).

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83176.html

That's not handily winning by any measure; not to mention, Romney's beating Obama in Colorado.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
These douchbags have all this data that Obama is in trouble and this is a tight race but...nooooooo, Obama in a landslide.  As long as we hold the House, Obama's damage is mitigated. Not only does Obama need to loose but he needs to be smoked so the libs never take power again in this country. You libs hate Mitt...I view Obama as a traitor to the country and should spend the rest of his miserble life in a prison cell.
L

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
These douchbags have all this data that Obama is in trouble and this is a tight race but...nooooooo, Obama in a landslide.  As long as we hold the House, Obama's damage is mitigated. Not only does Obama need to loose but he needs to be smoked so the libs never take power again in this country. You libs hate Mitt...I view Obama as a traitor to the country and should spend the rest of his miserble life in a prison cell.
I view the Republican congress as traitors to this country for focusing on seeking to end Obama's presidency while ignoring a struggling economy. Their obstructionism was the very definition of treason.
G

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
I view the Republican congress as traitors to this country for focusing on seeking to end Obama's presidency while ignoring a struggling economy. Their obstructionism was the very definition of treason.

You seem to forget two things:

One, it isn't a Republican Congress, just a Republican HOUSE (the other half of Congress is run by the Democrats.

Two, had Obama and the Dems not ignored our struggling economy, the Dems might not have lost the House in the first place.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Stfu pedo.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »
I still think Romney will get the win tomorrow.  I think it'll be a Dewey moment... I think it could be the retirement of Nate silver/538, etc.   Dems just seem to have so much swagger, not good, they have to be desperate to win, and they aren't.

OR

I think it'll lead to a revolution in the GOP.... Tea party was awesome and powerful in 2010, but today?  Repubs chose the moderate/RINO over all the tea party heroes, and losing to a VERY beatable obama?   They need to figure out their identity.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
Whats always amusing to me, on Hotair.com, Free Republic, Newsbusters etc... you comb through the comments and you will ALWAYS find a few Republicans admitting they are on Welfare, Unemployment, Food Stamps and yet they are bitching about being on them and others being on them as well.  Just last night I saw this on Newsbusters from a link posted here.

Its downright baffling and hilarious at the same time.

Lol, I know someone that just got laid off voting Romney, I said you realize he wants to cut your unemployment right :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
Obama isn't winning handily in any of those states. And, I've posted the articles to prove it:

Tough News for Obama in Early Voting Figures
By Jim Geraghty
November 1, 2012 11:13 A.M.

Dave Wasserman of the Cook Political Report notes that the early vote in Virginia is not going the way the Obama campaign hoped: “Today’s new 10/31 numbers even more troubling for Obama. His best counties way off 2008 pace.” He elaborates that as of yesterday, 185,489 ballots had been cast in Obama localities, compared to 214,783 by this point in 2008, while 115,908 in McCain, compared to 117,224 in 2008.

He adds, “Obama strongholds Arlington –20.0%, Fairfax –20.9%, Richmond –13.7% (vs. just –9.2% statewide). Hmm . . .” and “In Romney strongholds, enthusiasm up. Hanover (33.1% Obama) turnout up 6.2%, Buchanan (coal country) up 14.5% vs. 2008.”

By the way, I will be quite surprised if Romney-Ryan doesn’t outpace McCain-Palin’s vote totals and percentages in northern Virginia by a healthy margin. I say that based on the GOP get-out-the-vote operations improving in the 2009 and 2010 elections, and the almost unbelievable numbers of A) Romney-Ryan signs (paid for by the Republican Party of Virginia) in neighborhoods like mine where Obama-Biden yard signs appeared standard-issue for all homeowners four years ago and B) George Allen for Senate yard signs.

In this morning’s Jolt, now in the hands of subscribers, I took a look at some indicators in Ohio, Wisconsin, and nationally.

Hey, remember how the Obama campaign’s fantastic get-out-the-vote operation was going to create this impregnable firewall of key swing states, and run up such an enormous advantage in the early vote that Romney would never be able to make up the difference?

First interesting indicator of the morning from early voting: I mentioned Tuesday that early voting in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — the Democrat vote stronghold that includes Cleveland — slipped behind the pace of 2008 after running ahead for the first twenty-eight days of early voting or so. (We don’t know how these early voters are voting, but Obama won this county 69 percent to 30 percent last time around, so we can presume he’s leading this cycle on a somewhat comparable rate.) Well, the early vote collapsed Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course, a big chunk of that dropoff is from the remains of Hurricane Sandy dumping snow and wind and miserable weather on the Cleveland area. But if we see early voting continue to be slow in these final days, it will be a bit of evidence that the Democrats’ get-out-the-early vote effort in Ohio isn’t really expanding their total share of the vote; they’re just getting their traditional Election Day voters to vote earlier.

The second interesting indicator from early voting:

Just as the presidential race is deadlocked in the campaign’s final days, the candidates are also running about even when it comes to the ground game. Voters nationally, as well those in the closely contested battleground states, report being contacted at about the same rates by each of the campaigns. And with a fifth of likely voters reporting already having cast their ballots, neither Barack Obama nor Mitt Romney has a clear advantage among early voters. This is in sharp contrast to early voting at this point four years ago, which favored Obama by a wide margin . . .

The Pew Research Center survey found that the race is even among all likely voters nationwide (47% Obama, 47% Romney). Unlike the last campaign, the race also is close among voters who say they have already voted.

In the poll, conducted Oct. 24-28, 19% of likely voters say they have already voted; that is unchanged from the same week in the 2008 campaign (Oct. 23-26, 2008). Currently, Romney holds a seven-point edge among early voters (50% to 43%); because of the small sample, this lead is not statistically significant. At this point four years ago, Obama led John McCain by 19 points (53% to 34%) among early voters.

Then there’s the third interesting indicator from early voting:

“If the election was held today, President Barack Obama would lose the state of Wisconsin because where his base is, we have not turned out the vote early,” Mayor Michael Hancock told a Democratic rally. “The suburbs and rural parts of Wisconsin — the Republican base — are voting. President Obama’s base has yet to go vote.

“We’ve got to get our people to go vote,” Hancock said.

Later Hancock talks to the Washington Examiner and explains,

“This is a very close race, and the point we’re trying to make is make sure the base shows up, turns out and begins to vote early,” Hancock said. “I saw where the votes were rolling in, and I said we’ve got to make sure that where the president’s base is, they get out and vote.”

First question: Just how many votes does the mayor of Denver stumping in Milwaukee bring out? “Hey, everybody, grab your friends and call your neighbors! Michael Hancock’s in town!” Are we sure this guy didn’t just want to take a trip to Milwaukee for some brats? I mean, isn’t Colorado a swing state?

Secondly, Hancock must have been briefed by somebody in the Obama campaign or the Wisconsin Democratic Party. So somebody is worried about the early vote in Wisconsin, at least so far!

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/332157/tough-news-obama-early-voting-fi

Then, there's Ohio. As mentioned earlier, Obama is down about 155,000 early votes from 2008; conversely, Romney's up at least 108,000 from what McCain had, as of Thursday night (I've heard more recent numbers of 120,000 from Rove, earlier today, as of Saturday night).

That wipes out the margin by which Obama won Ohio in 2008.

And, as far as Florida goes, per Politico, Romney's right behind Obama in early voting with 4.3 million ballots in the coffer, thus far (Obama 43%; Romney 40%).

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83176.html

That's not handily winning by any measure; not to mention, Romney's beating Obama in Colorado.[/size]

cut early voting in half and guess what happens

I think whoever didn't get to vote early will show up tomorrow

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
cut early voting in half and guess what happens

I think whoever didn't get to vote early will show up tomorrow

Care to clarify that "cutting early voting in half" statement?

Obama needs to be WAAAAY ahead of Romney to buffer a GOP surge on election day. That's what he did in 2008, especially in Ohio.

He's nowhere near his '08 numbers. If Gallup's numbers are correct and the Republicans have a 3-point (or greater) edge, Romney closes the gap and wins Ohio. That and Colorado, coupled with the southeast, gives Romney the win at 275 EC votes.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:24 PM »
Care to clarify that "cutting early voting in half" statement?

Obama needs to be WAAAAY ahead of Romney to buffer a GOP surge on election day. That's what he did in 2008, especially in Ohio.

He's nowhere near his '08 numbers. If Gallup's numbers are correct and the Republicans have a 3-point (or greater) edge, Romney closes the gap and wins Ohio. That and Colorado, coupled with the southeast, gives Romney the win at 275 EC votes.
I'm not sure why you are convinced that this election will be an exact repeat of 2008 regarding who goes to the polls when, but I guess we'll know soon enough.
G