Author Topic: OKAY...ON THE RECORD NOW...WHO WINS THE ELECTION TODAY???  (Read 6806 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: OKAY...ON THE RECORD NOW...WHO WINS THE ELECTION TODAY???
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
You think my boy Gary J. will even make a dent today?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 08:16:17 PM »
Nor the solid Obama victory predicted.
::)

It was always solid.  Pack it up.  Its over.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Obama wins.  
Dems keep the Senate (not that it does much good without 60
Dems pick u a few seats in House but Repubs retain majority
Bonus round - neither Romney nor Ryan are ever on a national ticket again

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
why not sticky this thread ?

On The Record?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
You think my boy Gary J. will even make a dent today?

No. Too many morons saying they didn't vote for him because it would be a wasted vote, thus ensuring the status quo is maintained.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
Yeah. I got fucked.

But what the hell?!

This is looking like  a huge beat down. The guy is looking at pulling 331 EC votes.

Shocking to me, but Adonis called it. I give him that. Much bigger beat down than I expected.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
Still too close to call. I think a Mittens upset, though.

wrong ....just like me

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »
Can't believe that Paul Ryan ouldn't even help Romney carry Wisconsin.......and where was he for the last three weeks of the campaign???...they sure kept him under wraps

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:12 PM »
Can't believe that Paul Ryan ouldn't even help Romney carry Wisconsin.......and where was he for the last three weeks of the campaign???...they sure kept him under wraps

Ryan was an extreme voice - they had him at atlanta fundraised the last 20 days of the race.  He couldn't go out in public without cleaning an already-clean dish or stuttering at some 16 year old in a street race.

Ryan is a wonk, and a loyal one, but he's NOT graceful with people.  He'll never be president because of this.  We didn't know that, but we saw that when he ran.  He'll be a great congressman or cabinet member and have a great career - but shaking hands and being a leader?  nope.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2012, 05:01:42 AM »
Ryan was an extreme voice - they had him at atlanta fundraised the last 20 days of the race.  He couldn't go out in public without cleaning an already-clean dish or stuttering at some 16 year old in a street race.

Ryan is a wonk, and a loyal one, but he's NOT graceful with people.  He'll never be president because of this.  We didn't know that, but we saw that when he ran.  He'll be a great congressman or cabinet member and have a great career - but shaking hands and being a leader?  nope.

Agreed....I really believe that once Biden took him to school in that debate, Ryan became irrelevant....the Romney campaign kept him under raps

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Ryan was an extreme voice - they had him at atlanta fundraised the last 20 days of the race.  He couldn't go out in public without cleaning an already-clean dish or stuttering at some 16 year old in a street race.

Ryan is a wonk, and a loyal one, but he's NOT graceful with people.  He'll never be president because of this.  We didn't know that, but we saw that when he ran.  He'll be a great congressman or cabinet member and have a great career - but shaking hands and being a leader?  nope.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »
Fox still focusing on voter fraud.............WOW... FOX still traumatized.....grasping at straws as to why Romney lost..also claiming many military personnel could not vote

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
Agreed....I really believe that once Biden took him to school in that debate, Ryan became irrelevant....the Romney campaign kept him under raps

one can argue if he lost... but...

they did remove him from the spotlight following that debate, it's true.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
one can argue if he lost... but...

they did remove him from the spotlight following that debate, it's true.
They did the right thing in removing him as he espoused beliefs that included turning back Roe V. Wade and never said anything of substance directly to the American voter. 

He was a horrible choice and is certainly one of the reasons they didn`t get any Democrats switching to Republican.

Ryan was a disaster.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
They did the right thing in removing him as he espoused beliefs that included turning back Roe V. Wade and never said anything of substance directly to the American voter. 

He was a horrible choice and is certainly one of the reasons they didn`t get any Democrats switching to Republican.

Ryan was a disaster.

And he was to be their poster boy for the next generation of republican leaders.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

Ryan was a disaster.

YES

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »

Ryan was a disaster.

Yup and he was seen as to future of the GOP

That party is shit right now

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 06:25:54 AM »
They won't recover

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
They won't recover

Even though Republicans control 30 governorships and the House? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »

Not bad, considering the GOP only held 15 governorships just two years ago.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
Not bad, considering the GOP only held 15 governorships just two years ago.

That's partly why I think some of the talking heads are overreacting.  I think the majority of the country is right of center.  The fact more than half the states are governed by people who are presumably right of center would tend to support that belief.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
  I think the majority of the country is right of center. 

Why did they elect Obama?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »

Repubs trending downward....Dems got 93% of black vote.....70% of Hispanics....over 80 percent of Asians!
40 percent of whites.....unless the Republicans can win the Martian vote they are doomed

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Why did they elect Obama?

Romney didn't connect as well and many of the GOP base stayed home.

Plus, Romney (perhaps under the advise of the establishment Republican crew) failed to use the one thing that connects to those other racial demographics: FAITH-BASED ISSUES.

For all the criticism on Bush, let's face it. He's the last guy to win a presidential race for the GOP. He even got 40% of the Latino vote, up from 31% in 2000 (not much better than what Romney did).

The GOP establishment likes to avoid social issues like the plague, forgetting that the "value voters" were credited (by the right) and blamed (by the left) for Bush's re-election.

In many ways, this election was like the reverse of the 2004 election, as Democrats were in every bit of disbelief that Bush got re-elected as we are that Obama got re-elected.

That's why I said earlier, the talk from the conservatives and Tea Party folks will be that this listening to the establishment, putting moderates up to get beat down, is DONE.

The Dems didn't go to the center; they went to the left. The GOP doesn't need to go to the center; it needs to go to the right.

The church is the one venue that can bridge demographics and Romney didn't use it (or, at least, didn't use it effectively enough).

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »
Romney didn't connect as well and many of the GOP base stayed home.

Plus, Romney (perhaps under the advise of the establishment Republican crew) failed to use the one thing that connects to those other racial demographics: FAITH-BASED ISSUES.

For all the criticism on Bush, let's face it. He's the last guy to win a presidential race for the GOP. He even got 40% of the Latino vote, up from 31% in 2000 (not much better than what Romney did).

The GOP establishment likes to avoid social issues like the plague, forgetting that the "value voters" were credited (by the right) and blamed (by the left) for Bush's re-election.

In many ways, this election was like the reverse of the 2004 election, as Democrats were in every bit of disbelief that Bush got re-elected as we are that Obama got re-elected.

That's why I said earlier, the talk from the conservatives and Tea Party folks will be that this listening to the establishment, putting moderates up to get beat down, is DONE.

The Dems didn't go to the center; they went to the left. The GOP doesn't need to go to the center; it needs to go to the right.

The church is the one venue that can bridge demographics and Romney didn't use it (or, at least, didn't use it effectively enough).

Not enough of your angry white buddies left, McWay. The demographics are only going to get worse for Republicans.
G