Author Topic: Life after defeat for Mitt Romney  (Read 74096 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Life after defeat for Mitt Romney & the GOP
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
As far as I am concerned that post of yours was baiting and badgering.  If you want to know what 3333 is going to do, PM him or take it to another board.

333333, is free to post here as is anyone as long as they follow the rules and guidelines. specifically in this case highlighted in the new rules.

Nobody said he can't post here. But pointing out that someone says X but does Y isn't "baiting and badgering" and if you think it is, well... you must have some weird definition of what constitutes "bating" and "badgering". And I'm putting it mildly.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Nobody said he can't post here. But pointing out that someone says X but does Y isn't "baiting and badgering" and if you think it is, well... you must have some weird definition of what constitutes "bating" and "badgering". And I'm putting it mildly.

There's far more to it than that.  Quite a bit of history over the last few years.  Time to move on.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
when did I suggest he wasn't free to post

he started a thread saying he was leaving (after also making the same statement many times)

I just asked him if he still intends to leave

bfd

And i never said you couldn't ask him.  

However you have already asked him quite a bit (not including some i removed):

That's exactly how i would feel if you and your ghetto welfare family were killed in any way though i suspect in your case it would be murder/suicide

Note to mods.  My statement is the equivalent of 333's so if you're going to allow him gratuitous personal attacks on the POTUS then it must be acceptable for someone to say the exact same thing about him

Note to 333 - only a few hundred more posts and you're gone right?

only 257 more posts and then you're gone.....right?

only 308 more posts until you're gone for good......right?

only 381 posts until you are gone for good

right?

only 435 more posts and you're gone

right?

you should quit at 99,999 as you said you would

I'm sure that's how it appears to you

btw - are you still leaving @ 99,999

Why all the PM's instead of being a man and showing up to take your beating
You're still leaving at 99,999 right?

Time to move on and quit badgering him on threads and in this forum.  Feel free to do it else where.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
There's far more to it than that.  Quite a bit of history over the last few years.  Time to move on.

LMAO @ "history"

all I did was tolerate his crap like everyone else while the mods did nothing

why suddenly give a shit now ?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
LMAO @ "history"

all I did was tolerate his crap like everyone else while the mods did nothing

why suddenly give a shit now ?

I explained why earlier. 

PM me back

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
I explained why earlier. 

PM me back

you obviously take this board much more seriously than I do

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
you obviously take this board much more seriously than I do

I am a mod.  I should.  People should be able to post and debate in a civilized way free from getting maliciously insulted in place of good counter points.

Don't you agree?

Or do you think a play ground culture of frequent vile attacks is better?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
I am a mod.  I should.  People should be able to post and debate in a civilized way free from getting maliciously insulted in place of good counter points.

Don't you agree?

Or do you think a play ground culture of frequent vile attacks is better?

welcome to the board

when did you get here?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 09:00:50 PM »
it's really too bad that Romney doesn't drink
I can't think of a better reason to get hammered than getting your ass kicked in a national election and not even have any clue that it was going to happen

I can think of another reason.  A week after the election officials throughout the part effectively banish you from their company.

And therein lies Romney's problem: he was never one of them and they never considered him one of them.  Dole and McCain are considered party elders; Romney will not have that honor.  They want him to go away and stay away.  That's gotta hurt!  It is one thing to sort of know that you were never really wanted at the party and quite another to have it declared by so many party officials so publicly across the country.  :-[

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
welcome to the board

when did you get here?

:). I am certainly not without sin here.

When will you get back to the straw I knew who debated threads with great info, good arguments and counter points free from ad hom?

Let's roll and let the debating begin.   ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 09:06:59 PM »
I can think of another reason.  A week after the election officials throughout the part effectively banish you from their company.

And therein lies Romney's problem: he was never one of them and they never considered him one of them.  Dole and McCain are considered party elders; Romney will not have that honor.  They want him to go away and stay away.  That's gotta hurt!  It is one thing to sort of know that you were never really wanted at the party and quite another to have it declared by so many party officials so publicly across the country.  :-[

he was a contractor

kind of funny that he doesn't see it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
:). I am certainly not without sin here.

When will you get back to the straw I knew who debated threads with great info, good arguments and counter points free from ad hom?

Let's roll and let the debating begin.   ;)

there is no "ad hom" in me asking 333 about a position he stated and promoted

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
there is no "ad hom" in me asking 333 about a position he stated and promoted

I know.

I am sure you can see the wisdom in having a no badgering and baiting rule.  

Like I said, badger him some place else or PM him.

It's all good.

Now com on man.  Let it go, let's move on.

We got 4 more years of OB, what can he do?  What should he do?  What will he do?  Will it be right, wrong, effective, in effective.......?

I wanted Romney to win.  Not for best of reasons, but more the worse kind stemming from Obama.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
I know.

Like I said, badger him some place else or PM him.

It's all good.

Now com on man.  Let it go, let's move on.

We got 4 more years of OB, what can he do?  What should he do?  What will he do?  Will it be right, wrong, effective, in effective.......?

I wanted Romney to win.  Not for best of reasons, but more the worse kind stemming from Obama.

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »

The owner of the fora and his chosen moderators can come up with any rules they want. As for me, I see no “wisdom” in a rule as vague and poorly worded as that. I won't even argue that this rule cannot be enforced properly, consistently and with objective criteria.

I'd call you a buffoon for thinking the rule is wise, but I wouldn't want to "badger" or "bait" you. That would be against the rules! ::)

See what I did there?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »
As for me, I see no “wisdom” in a rule as vague and poorly worded as that. I won't even argue that this rule cannot be enforced properly, consistently and with objective criteria.

I'd call you a buffoon for thinking the rule is wise, but I wouldn't want to "badger" or "bait" you. That would be against the rules! ::)

See what I did there?

I understand what you are trying to do Ozmo,....and I back you 100%....but I think what causes most of the arguments on here is that there is no objective person who can verify facts and call people out for baiting and lying......I think that should be your role but I realize that this would entail a lot of work by you and thats not fair to you since you have to work, have family to take care of , etc....

the conservatives on here NEVER EVER admit to being wrong.....they just continue to spew out nonsense even when they are shown proof that they are wrong....this then leads to name calling on their part and from the liberal side as well..............

when was the last time that you saw McWay, 333386, Fury,Tommy, etc concede a point????????????????
Tommy will sometimes concede a point and then in the next sentence will backtrack and again tell you why he is right :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 07:22:58 AM »
I'm still waiting for Romney to share how he was going to get 12 million people working again with us.  He kept stating it over and over... now that he lost I guess he wants to take his little ball (read : plan) and go home with it.  Sour grapes huh?  Some patriot.  I guess you can't love your country unless you are the winner.   ::)

The above is sarcasm for those followers who were stupid enough to believe for one minute that he actually had a plan.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:29 AM »

when was the last time that you saw McWay, 333386, Fury,Tommy, etc concede a point????????????????

Pure hypocrisy or just plain lack of self awareness.  Both sides are guilty of this, and I'd venture that those who you tend to agree with most are the most guilty.
Y

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »

I understand what you are trying to do Ozmo,....and I back you 100%....but I think what causes most of the arguments on here is that there is no objective person who can verify facts and call people out for baiting and lying......I think that should be your role but I realize that this would entail a lot of work by you and thats not fair to you since you have to work, have family to take care of , etc....

the conservatives on here NEVER EVER admit to being wrong.....they just continue to spew out nonsense even when they are shown proof that they are wrong....this then leads to name calling on their part and from the liberal side as well..............

Tommy will sometimes concede a point and then in the next sentence will backtrack and again tell you why he is right :)

That cuts both ways - the conservatives do it and the liberals do it. People like 333386 and Benny B. are different sides of the same coin. They say the same things - it's only the details that change.

The blind partisans do it.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

When do you ever concede a point? Do we need to point out how asinine "OBAMA IS KICKING SOANDSO'S ASS - BLAHBLAH DOING AMAZING" only for you to whine when it's later refuted?

The hypocrisy of some people on here is astounding.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »
That cuts both ways - the conservatives do it and the liberals do it. People like 333386 and Benny B. are different sides of the same coin. They say the same things - it's only the details that change.

The blind partisans do it.

yes..but I myself and many others have disagreed with Benny many times....I consider him to be far left wing...plus the libs on her argue with and debate each other all the time..the conservs on here walk in lockstep....you guys never ever criticize 333386 for his dumb threads which shows how he leads you guys around...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »
When do you ever concede a point? Do we need to point out how asinine "OBAMA IS KICKING SOANDSO'S ASS - BLAHBLAH DOING AMAZING" only for you to whine when it's later refuted?

The hypocrisy of some people on here is astounding.

you have GOT to be looking in the mirror while saying this

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
This board is hilarious

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
Gingrich on Romney’s ‘gifts’ comments: ‘It’s nuts’
By Dylan Stableford

Like several other prominent Republicans, Newt Gingrich slammed Mitt Romney's assertion in a conference call with donors last week that he lost the 2012 presidential election because of "gifts" President Barack Obama gave to blacks, Hispanics and younger voters during his first term in the White House.

"It's nuts," Gingrich told guest host Martha Raddatz on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. "First of all, it's insulting. This would be like Wal-Mart having a bad week and going, 'The customers have really been unruly.' I mean, the job of a political leader in part is to understand the people. If we can't offer a better future that is believable to more people, we're not going to win."

Last week, the former House Speaker admitted he was "dumbfounded" by Obama's victory--and Romney's poor performance at the polls.

"The president won an extraordinary victory," Gingrich said on NBC's "Today" show. "And the fact is we owe him the respect of trying to understand what they did and how they did it. But if you had said to me three weeks ago, Mitt Romney would get fewer votes than John McCain and it looks like he'll be 2 million fewer, I would have been dumbfounded."
But the disbelief soon turned to disillusion over Romney's divisive comments.

"I'm very disappointed with Governor Romney's analysis, which I believe is insulting and profoundly wrong," Gingrich said in an interview with KLRU-TV in Austin. "First of all, we didn't lose Asian-Americans because they got any gifts. He did worse with Asian-Americans than he did with Latinos. This is the hardest-working and most successful ethnic group in America--they ain't into gifts.

"Second, it's an insult to all Americans," he continued. "It reduces us to economic entities. You have no passion, no idealism, no dreams, no philosophy. If it had been that simple, my question would be, 'Why didn't you outbid him?' He had enough billionaire supporters, if buying the electorate was the key, he could have got all his super PAC friends together and said, don't buy ads, give gifts. Be like the northwest Indians who have gift-giving ceremonies. We could have gone town-by-town and said, 'Come here, let me give you gifts. Here are Republican gifts.' An elephant coming in with gifts on it."