Author Topic: Benching 315 lately?  (Read 30940 times)

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
Re: Benching 315 lately?
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
Lets change the parameters then...Any 155 pounders and under benching 315 lately?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
Lets change the parameters then...Any 155 pounders and under benching 315 lately?
There are no 155 pounders on getbig ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:56 PM »
I'm surprised everyone's so crazy about 315lb. Its really not that impressive like it used to be. I've seen quite a few guys including myself handling that at the gym no problem.

You sound like a strong man.

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »
You sound like a strong man.
Smells not everything!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
What are you talking about about?

You said you can not up your bench by just benching and I said that is BS, I benched 515 raw and only benched, nothing fancy, just benched. Those theories and rocket science may work, not saying they don't, but they won't work for me that is for sure, all I care about is mentally preparing myself for the set and after that I am a fucken zombie madman possessed doing a set and every time this allows me to go to then next level.

Look couching and training people for performance is great, nothing against that, especially for athletic ability but for gaining muscle and strength it is fucken pathetic anybody  that has not been training for 2 years will gain a lot of size and strength by simply moving weight around, you don't need a couch for this or a trainer, it's a joke and if you've been training longer then 2 years you don't need to be trained by then unless you are stupid.

So you're telling that if you're trying to increase your bench, squat, DL, O-lift and you're stuck at a particular weight for a long period of time, just keep doing the same thing until it get's stronger? lol

Look, this is the reason why bodybuilding hasn't really advanced in the way of training. Too many people still stuck in the same mentality as it was 40 years ago. Now, I'm not talking about bodybuilding, I'm talking about increasing power and strength on particular indicator lifts. Your way of thinking is old and outdated. Not trying be a dick when I say this...but do some research.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
If he did 10 or 12 I would believe him cause those are round up numbers but 13 sounds like a number you would go to failure with but we are talking t-bombz here, his chest is flatter then a pan cake I would be shocked beyond belief if he even got 225 for 13, in fact I would still call BS on 2 plates for 13.

Once Taylor starts cranking out 585 lbs for reps you will regret ever making that statement.

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »
So you're telling that if you're trying to increase your bench, squat, DL, O-lift and you're stuck at a particular weight for a long period of time, just keep doing the same thing until it get's stronger? lol

Look, this is the reason why bodybuilding hasn't really advanced in the way of training. Too many people still stuck in the same mentality as it was 40 years ago. Now, I'm not talking about bodybuilding, I'm talking about increasing power and strength on particular indicator lifts. Your way of thinking is old and outdated. Not trying be a dick when I say this...but do some research.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »

don't worry your not, lol... you sound like an infomercial. you know the ones at night that have all the answers to getting rich quick, well those are your programs on getting big and strong, don't be gullible, The mentality drives you to excel past your previous best not some mumbo jumbo method, lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »
don't worry your not, lol... you sound like an infomercial. you know the ones at night that have all the answers to getting rich quick, well those are your programs on getting big and strong, don't be gullible, The mentality drives you to excel past your previous best not some mumbo jumbo method, lol

This is like debating with a liberal or crossfitter. Hahaha ;D

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »
What are you talking about about?

You said you can not up your bench by just benching and I said that is BS, I benched 515 raw and only benched, nothing fancy, just benched. Those theories and rocket science may work, not saying they don't, but they won't work for me that is for sure, all I care about is mentally preparing myself for the set and after that I am a fucken zombie madman possessed doing a set and every time this allows me to go to then next level.
Look couching and training people for performance is great, nothing against that, especially for athletic ability but for gaining muscle and strength it is fucken pathetic anybody  that has not been training for 2 years will gain a lot of size and strength by simply moving weight around, you don't need a couch for this or a trainer, it's a joke and if you've been training longer then 2 years you don't need to be trained by then unless you are stupid.

exactly thankyou for prooving my point.

coach- People got big,strong, and explosive before chains or bans ever existed. I never said that doing assistance excericses for the muscles that are used in the bench press, wont necessarily help increase the bench press.....they will for a beginner. But for someone like onetimehard, to reach a 600 pound raw bench.....after that level of development a highly periodized block program will be necessary. Getting stronger on cable crossovers and tricep extensions, will not get him a 600 pound bench...a newb getting stronger on cable cross overs and tricep extensions, will probably help take his bench from 200 to 250 however. The higher level of development an athlete reaches, the less he benefits from GPP....
l

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
This is like debating with a liberal or crossfitter. Hahaha ;D
LOL, ya but seriously not kissing your ass or anything bro but I consider you probably the most knowledgeable guy here on couching and training and of course for athletic performance and training methods are important but all I am saying that they are not the bread and butter of achieving strength gains.

Like a bodybuilder, he needs to train and he needs to eat to getbig of course that is a given but the genetic elite in strength did not get to world class strength from some lousy training program, I am sorry but they didn't, they had the gentics and the mentality to supercede their limits and to be frank training had very little to do with it, I know it sounds stupid but it is true.

I ran a marathon in 09 and it took me slightly over 4 hours (i know pathetic) now the guy that won did it in less then 3 hours (I think 2;40 or something). Anyway the guy did not run different them me and had I done everything he did in training, would have not made a difference bro. The body functions instinctively and genetically at a world class level, some secret training does not produce the world class athlete, it simply doesn't, these guys are born great and training is just a marginal mandatory tool, nothing more.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »

reading this
baord causes me
to loose faith
in humanity
very few recognize
the difference
from bodybuilding
to powerlifting
to sports training
sad

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »

reading this
baord [/s board]causes me
to loose lose faith
in humanity
very few recognize
the difference
from bodybuilding
to powerlifting
to sports training
sad

fixed

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »
Nothing special there, most people train there shoulder, triceps and pretty much every body part there is anyway, of course you have to, but you don't have to bring in chains and weird odd exercise and claim it's the holy grail

??? Where did I claim this?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
??? Where did I claim this?
Sorry bro my bad, I just got caught up in the argument and assumed you where backing up couch to a t, but you were only agreeing on a few things with him, you know these getbig debates lol,....  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »

exactly thankyou for prooving my point.

coach- People got big,strong, and explosive before chains or bans ever existed. I never said that doing assistance excericses for the muscles that are used in the bench press, wont necessarily help increase the bench press.....they will for a beginner. But for someone like onetimehard, to reach a 600 pound raw bench.....after that level of development a highly periodized block program will be necessary. Getting stronger on cable crossovers and tricep extensions, will not get him a 600 pound bench...a newb getting stronger on cable cross overs and tricep extensions, will probably help take his bench from 200 to 250 however. The higher level of development an athlete reaches, the less he benefits from GPP....

So I should just stay with the status quo and despite the research, proven techniques, etc I shouldn't try to advance my athletes, clients and myself to the next level? (which I did).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »

reading this causes me
to loose faith
in humanity
very few recognize
the difference
from body
to power
to training, I am
sad
fixed  8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2012, 06:45:43 PM »
So I should just stay with the status quo and despite the research, proven techniques, etc I shouldn't try to advance my athletes, clients and myself to the next level? (which I did).
But maybe they are reaching the next level cause of the excitement and momentum, mentall charged from the atmosphere not necessarily that one technique is better then another.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
315 IS STILL IMPRESSIVE BENCH WHETHER IT 1 REP OR 10,,,I HAVE GOOD CHEST IN TERMS OF SHAPE/CONDITION BUT I AIN'T TOUCHING 315,,,WOULD PUT ME 6 FEET UNDER,,,

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
But maybe they are reaching the next level cause of the excitement and momentum, mentall charged from the atmosphere not necessarily that one technique is better then another.

Atmosphere helps, but a 145lb 15 year old catcher doesn't just do a 360lbs squat (with bands) and a 205lb (also with bands) on just adrenaline alone (insert drug joke here) ::)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »
Incline

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
no.. I don't train to failure so when I say I did 315 for 13 you should keep that in mind.. Had more reps left in the tank

100% bullshit.

For Chrissakes, Getbig has some colossal bullshitters.   ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
choice is an illusion

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
Old video

I am disputing Tbombz also but will gladly eat my words if proven wrong.