Author Topic: overpowering FRONT DELT  (Read 6567 times)

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
overpowering FRONT DELT
« on: November 29, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »
Everytime i do chest my front delts take over everything. i have tried to roll my shoulders back and stick out my chest but it doesnt work. the next day my front delts are sore?
Any advice on how to fix this i would appreciate.   Also i need i shoulder pressing exercise that front delts are least used

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: overpowering FRONT DELT
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 07:32:49 PM »
Everytime i do chest my front delts take over everything. i have tried to roll my shoulders back and stick out my chest but it doesnt work. the next day my front delts are sore?
Any advice on how to fix this i would appreciate.   Also i need i shoulder pressing exercise that front delts are least used

yeah i got the same prob bro.....   i just dont expect to much pec soreness out of bench press anymore cuz ive never got it too much.

and a front press movement for shoulder s will always be front delts.    but you can do upright rows and lateral raises for side shoulders
d[-_-]b actin all cool

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:42:57 PM »
1* S T R E T C H + DROP ALL YOUR WEIGHTS BY 30% + LEARN HOW TO CONTRACT YOUR PECS
2* 30 DEGREE INCLINE DB PRESS + Wide grip Chest Dips
3* S T R E T C H  + READ ABOUT PROPER BIOMECHANICS
4* ALL PRESSING MOVEMENTS HAMMER YOUR FRONT DELTS.   
5* READ BOOK MUSCLE MEETS MAGNET
6* DID I MENTION READING AND STRETCHING!!!!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 02:25:03 AM »
'XS' you do love your STRETCHINGGGGGGGGGG eh lol (only messing with you mate).
He has a point tho bear, id do more inclines, takes pressure off front delt a bit and onto chest. ALSO press behind neck for shoulders, you are always gonna hit the front delt but this exercise means you shouldnt hit it as much as you would if you did front press. You could also add in more rear delt work if you wer worried about a shoulder imbalance occuring.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:53:04 AM »
Do you work your shoulder the same day as your chest?
try to separate this excersices as much as possible
for exemple if you do shoulders on monday then do chest wednesday or even friday
and viseversa

good luck
 8)

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 09:01:32 AM »
Try warming up with an isolation movement such as flyes, pec deck or crossovers. Choose whichever exercise you feel your chest working the most with.

Keep the weights light.  The point is to get you feeling your chest

Then when you press, make sure your first few sets aren't too heavy. 
Do a couple light feel sets to try make sure your chest is working, then up the weights.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:14:21 PM »
Pre-exhaust with dumbell flyes before doing pressing movements

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
1* S T R E T C H + DROP ALL YOUR WEIGHTS BY 30% + LEARN HOW TO CONTRACT YOUR PECS
2* 30 DEGREE INCLINE DB PRESS + Wide grip Chest Dips
3* S T R E T C H  + READ ABOUT PROPER BIOMECHANICS
4* ALL PRESSING MOVEMENTS HAMMER YOUR FRONT DELTS.   
5* READ BOOK MUSCLE MEETS MAGNET
6* DID I MENTION READING AND STRETCHING!!!!

Stretching before weight training can cause muscle weakness and potential injury.  Stretch after the workout.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:44 PM »
He has a point tho bear, id do more inclines, takes pressure off front delt a bit and onto chest. ALSO press behind neck for shoulders, you are always gonna hit the front delt but this exercise means you shouldnt hit it as much as you would if you did front press. You could also add in more rear delt work if you wer worried about a shoulder imbalance occuring.

WTF? Incline benches put much more strain on your delts compared to flat benches.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 07:15:20 AM »
Most guys have over developed front delts from chest and shoulders being hit over and over. Our front delts must be filled with white muscle fibers, because when you think about it other parts on some of us dont respond from the extra work
Thaiboxing,Bjj

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »
BRIANX, slight incline (setting just above flat), used with db's is good chest exercise that puts more focus on chest and takes some of the work off front delts!

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 08:00:29 AM »
BRIANX, slight incline (setting just above flat), used with db's is good chest exercise that puts more focus on chest and takes some of the work off front delts!

davie

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 09:04:58 AM »
i appreciate all of the help. I will try those techniques. I actually emailed Mark Dugdale and he told me basically the same thing: make my grip a little closer and lighten the weight. He also told me to press dumbbells with my palms facing toward each other(like hammer curls). He also said that a lot of people think they are rolling their shoulders back but they are really not. They start off that way but it soon goes back to normal.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »
Stretching before weight training can cause muscle weakness and potential injury.  Stretch after the workout.

Absolutely wrong.   Light stretching after warm-ups to increase range of motion.  This goes hand in hand with proper biomechanics , aggressive after bodyparts are finished,  mild after. 15to 20 mins. Just do it.  Don't and you'll be posting on here how everything is going to hell.    I see it everyday.   

Never stretch a cold muscle. Rubber band in the freezer effect. 

XS

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 02:42:48 PM »
Stop training delts if they overpower pecs chances are they are getting more than enough stem on chest day

Also inclines hit delts even more so f the incline

Go dumbells flat and decline and start doing flys barbell and cable

I think best advise is to flex the pec during the movement

squeeze squeeze squeeze

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 02:55:42 PM »
man, i wish i had your problem  :-\ .....truthfully, i think that if you hit your lateral delts and rear delts really hard on shoulder day, you could have a damn good physique for all intents and purpose.  Now, you'd probably get scored down on a bodybuilding stage, but you'd look more jacked in day-to-day life.
:-)

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 02:57:11 PM »
Sorry, i didn't really answer your question.

I agree with the post to squeeze.  You could also try keeping the movement slower till you feel the contraction.  You could try widening your grip.  Mostly, my recommendation would be Dumbbells.  I feel like dumbbells work best when it comes to getting the best stretch and contraction, hands down.
:-)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
Upright rows, bent over rows, and chinups.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha