Author Topic: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas  (Read 18375 times)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: for moen, da-vinci and other fashionable fellas
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:39 AM »
I wear these to the gym. nothing crazy but I'm 47 years old, you DO have to make some concessions to age in your wardrobe choices..or you look like a pathetic boob who's trying to be 15 years younger than he is

I have to agree a bit with the assesment of Parker's taste in sneakers...his Black is showing big time.

of those other sneakers posted, the more sedate ones are quite nice..those pantofolos are pretty cool, but a few of them are horribly loud and juvenile looking, and very gay.

There are some cool american sneakers, and if you broaden your horizons and look at some hiking shoes, you can get some very cool looking and unique footwear that every other dickhead isn't rocking, and they are indestructible.

i have had my Merells for 5 years and they still look fresh

The ones I posted were strictly to wear in everyday life. Not for gym use.

I agree that some are gay looking, but I kinda like that. In a way, it's cool to wear "gay" stuff when you are not gay. Women also seem to agree.

I've had this happen more than once: girl makes a gay remark like "those shoes you're wearing, are you sure you aren't gay?", only to follow up with a compliment about the shoes shortly thereafter :D I'm sure da_vinci will have had exactly the same experience and problably more than once as well.

I applaud you for liking the Pantofola's, there is hope for the US  8)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »

I've had this happen more than once: girl makes a gay remark like "those shoes you're wearing, are you sure you aren't gay?", only to follow up with a compliment about the shoes shortly thereafter :D I'm sure da_vinci will have had exactly the same experience and problably more than once as well.

I'm actually very sucessfull at playing down my muscles/being jacked by dressing stylish (for some it's "gay" by default).. It's like - "This fella would look like a threat, but his clothes are nice... hmm.. maybe he's not just a steroided douche?" and so it goes...

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
These are the shiznit imo:

da_vinci, dj181, Groink, BigCyp, what do y'all think of them?  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »

those are damn nice brother 8)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Not a big fan of Hi tops...but they are legit

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Just bought 'em  8)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »
Moen and Da_Vinci

Could you post the most fashionable jacket and shoes you ever seen.

If you could only choose ONE jacket and ONE pair o shoes, which ones would it be? (For Spring and Autumn)

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
I like your original choice  8)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »
I'm the most fashionable guy on here and all those shoes are cheap looking and gay. Reebok classics are what junkies wear over here. And Nike air max tn

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »
The ones I posted were strictly to wear in everyday life. Not for gym use.

I agree that some are gay looking, but I kinda like that. In a way, it's cool to wear "gay" stuff when you are not gay. Women also seem to agree.

Did I just read that right? It's cool to wear "gay" stuff even if you're not gay, but only if a woman agrees with it?
Man, were is your sense of self?
Look, I believe you can rock what you want to rock, but don't do it for the sake of some female agreeing with it. Because next you'll be wearing Vickie Secret thongs because some woman ways she likes seeing it poke out the back of your tight jeans.

Many shoes you can rock in the streets, the club, or gym. Like those Japanese designed Pumas that you can only find on eBay.

And the op had shown a pic of a retro Adidas, so I took it that he wanted retro, so I went from there. Nothing beats Nike Air Force Ones for clean and conservative or Reebok Classic Tennis. Also more uptempo but can be worn in the streets or club look to Nike's Air Affect IIIs and Nike Series 6F, both in black or white colorways, with alternating swoosh in opposite color.
For gym/street go with Adidas The Field and Adidas T6 Night David Beckham. These have the retro running shoe look, although be careful for the heel in the latter.

I used to collect sneakers, of the "unique" variety. So, knowing different aspects of different colorways, and looking for rare or unique shoes was a habit for me. Back in college, I used to work at Footlocker, and then
another shoe place. I learned how to hook up outfits (especially for women), and one learns that you don't hook up an outfit so any one thing stands out. The shoes must compliment the outfit and the person. Much like when dressing up, the shoes are suppose to match the belt.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
Moen and Da_Vinci

Could you post the most fashionable jacket and shoes you ever seen.

If you could only choose ONE jacket and ONE pair o shoes, which ones would it be? (For Spring and Autumn)

In the category casual clothing?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »
I'm the most fashionable guy on here and all those shoes are cheap looking and gay. Reebok classics are what junkies wear over here. And Nike air max tn

Reebok classics:

they look like shoes for handicapped people.

You guys can't be serious about these being cool sneakers  ???

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »
Did I just read that right? It's cool to wear "gay" stuff even if you're not gay, but only if a woman agrees with it?
Man, were is your sense of self?
Look, I believe you can rock what you want to rock, but don't do it for the sake of some female agreeing with it. Because next you'll be wearing Vickie Secret thongs because some woman ways she likes seeing it poke out the back of your tight jeans.

Many shoes you can rock in the streets, the club, or gym. Like those Japanese designed Pumas that you can only find on eBay.

And the op had shown a pic of a retro Adidas, so I took it that he wanted retro, so I went from there. Nothing beats Nike Air Force Ones for clean and conservative or Reebok Classic Tennis. Also more uptempo but can be worn in the streets or club look to Nike's Air Affect IIIs and Nike Series 6F, both in black or white colorways, with alternating swoosh in opposite color.
For gym/street go with Adidas The Field and Adidas T6 Night David Beckham. These have the retro running shoe look, although be careful for the heel in the latter.

I used to collect sneakers, of the "unique" variety. So, knowing different aspects of different colorways, and looking for rare or unique shoes was a habit for me. Back in college, I used to work at Footlocker, and then
another shoe place. I learned how to hook up outfits (especially for women), and one learns that you don't hook up an outfit so any one thing stands out. The shoes must compliment the outfit and the person. Much like when dressing up, the shoes are suppose to match the belt.

You read it entirely wrong, I wear what I want to wear. The fact that women generally like my choice of attire is of course a plus. The fact that mostly men find it gay, is again a plus. I'm not gay so them thinking the wrong thing is just plain funny.

I don't know US clubs but if you arrived at one here with Reebok or Adidas shoes, there's no way you'll be allowed in  :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
Reebok classics:

they look like shoes for handicapped people.

You guys can't be serious about these being cool sneakers  ???
Thats because many don't know how to rock them---again Colorways. There are many different colorways for these shoes. And they are big outside of DC...
What I specifically was referring to were the Reebok Classic Club Cs. A clean look like the Nike Air Force Ones. Green, or black stitching and come in black as well.

one can even rock the all white or black K-Swiss with the D-Rings.

And no, most clubs don't allow sneakers---but causal clubs and bars may. Or going to a function...

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2012, 01:26:28 PM »
Thats because many don't know how to rock them---again Colorways. There are many different colorways for these shoes. And they are big outside of DC...
What I specifically was referring to were the Reebok Classic Club Cs. A clean look like the Nike Air Force Ones. Green, or black stitching and come in black as well.

one can even rock the all white or black K-Swiss with the D-Rings.

And no, most clubs don't allow sneakers---but causal clubs and bars may. Or going to a function...

Those Reeboks are OK. I can live with them ;)

But less classy than Pantofola's or other non-sport sneaker brands.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

Haha, horrible .

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
I doubt it. He, like many Poles, is only into Vodka. He even brews it. Nice guy from what we can tell  :P
I have more Pradas and Ferragamos than you will ever have in a lifetime.  Hope this helps.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
I have more Pradas and Ferragamos than you will ever have in a lifetime.  Hope this helps.

the only reason i own them is because i have wide feet and other shoes hurt my foot. They work very good.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
Haha, horrible .

Please do post a pair you like. And for the love of God, don't come up with a sports brand pair.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
Please do post a pair you like. And for the love of God, don't come up with a sports brand pair.
Gayest shoes I have ever seen , no offense Moen , they look like something Mike Tyson would wear , if he was gay of course.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
To be be honest dj, I don't like them :P

The other ones posted are downright terrible. I wouldn't wear those to mow my lawn.

Are you specifically looking for blue ones?

LOL

these, to use your terms

are OBJECTIVELY the best looking shoes posted in this thread.

???

Sneakers are, by definition, low-class "sports brand" type shoes.  "Fashion sneakers" are, again, by definition, an aberration, which is exactly the reason why all the shoes you've posted have been unspeakably awful and laughable.  It's like women's bodybuilding -- women can't become men just by pumping themselves full of hormones.  What would make a man more impressive just makes them more hideous.  Similarly, sneakers can't become excellent footwear just by jacking up the number of colors, lines, and emblems (until your eyes want to bleed); it just makes them look absurd.

For this reason, the best looking "most fashionable" sneakers will always have an understated and restrained, even "unfashionable" look.  The ones you've posted look like someone let an insane child (the very definition of "no taste") have full veto over the design department.  I disagree with Parker about Nike's Air Max line for the most part (not sure what all of the billion+ iterations look like), but he has the general idea right.

All the high-fashion posturing "Euro vs. American" shit coming out of your mouth is HILARIOUS given this thread.

And che is completely right, of course.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »
LOL

these, to use your terms

are OBJECTIVELY the best looking shoes posted in this thread.

???

Sneakers are, by definition, low-class "sports brand" type shoes.  "Fashion sneakers" are, again, by definition, an aberration, which is exactly the reason why all the shoes you've posted have been unspeakably awful and laughable.  It's like women's bodybuilding -- women can't become men just by pumping themselves full of hormones.  What would make a man more impressive just makes them more hideous.  Similarly, sneakers can't become excellent footwear just by jacking up the number of colors, lines, and emblems (until your eyes want to bleed); it just makes them look absurd.

For this reason, the best looking "most fashionable" sneakers will always have an understated and restrained, even "unfashionable" look.  The ones you've posted look like someone let an insane child (the very definition of "no taste") have full veto over the design department.  I disagree with Parker about Nike's Air Max line for the most part (not sure what all of the billion+ iterations look like), but he has the general idea right.

All the high-fashion posturing "Euro vs. American" shit coming out of your mouth is HILARIOUS given this thread.

And che is completely right, of course.

You've got to question your taste (or lack thereof) if you think these are "are OBJECTIVELY the best looking shoes posted in this thread".

There must be yet another Euro-American difference because over here, all the ones you Americans posted are called "sports shoes", while the ones I posted are "sneakers".

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
You've got to question your taste (or lack thereof) if you think these are "are OBJECTIVELY the best looking shoes posted in this thread".

There must be yet another Euro-American difference because over here, all the ones you Americans posted are called "sports shoes", while the ones I posted are "sneakers".

It's okay, I've noticed this before.  A lot of Europeans seem to love haywire, obnoxiously loud and grotesque designs.  Most "high fashion" sneakers follow the overloaded running-shoe design patterns that are made, with their many colors and textures, to appeal to children... coincidence?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
It's okay, I've noticed this before.  A lot of Europeans seem to love haywire, obnoxiously loud and grotesque designs.  Most "high fashion" sneakers follow the overloaded running-shoe design patterns that are made, with their many colors and textures, to appeal to children... coincidence?

Give me grotesque designs for children over white sports welfare shoes any day  8)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
Bought some new shirts as well, wasn't going to post these but since cephissus is such a big fan of this style...  ;)