Author Topic: Ryan says Obama won 'fair and square'  (Read 8206 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ryan says Obama won 'fair and square'
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
Good comments.

Ryan says Obama won 'fair and square'
Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough

(CNN) - Rep. Paul Ryan described his election loss with Mitt Romney last week as a painful surprise but argued the president won re-election "fair and square," according to the congressman's interviews with local news outlets in Wisconsin on Monday.

"It hurts to lose a big election like this, but I don't have any regrets whatsoever," Ryan told The Journal Times of Racine on Monday, adding that they "ran the kind of race we wanted to run" and campaigned on "specific solutions and big ideas."

The former GOP vice presidential nominee said the campaign was especially "shocked" by the results in Ohio, a crucial battleground that was carried by Obama.

"Once we realized that we weren’t going to win Ohio, that’s when we realized that it wasn’t going to turn out for us," he said on WISN, a CNN affiliate in Milwaukee.

"The numbers we were looking at looked like we stood a pretty good chance of winning," he continued. "So, when the numbers came in, going the other direction. When we saw the turnout that was occurring in urban areas that were unprecedented, it did come as a bit of a shock. So, those are the toughest losses to have - the ones that catch you by surprise."

And to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, he described election night-his first loss ever-as a "foreign experience" but ultimately said the race was a "very net positive experience" for him and his wife, Janna.

While public polls indicated the race could potentially be too close to call on election night, President Barack Obama was projected to win the race by midnight (Eastern Standard Time). Florida, the remaining battleground that had yet to decide a winner, was called for the president on Saturday. In the end, Obama won with 51% of the vote to Romney's 48%.

Ryan said Obama's campaign "did a better job of getting the voters to the polls" and ultimately "won fair and square," according to the Journal Times.

Following election night, Ryan returned to his hometown of Janesville, Wisconsin and "unplugged," he told the Journal Times. The congressman said he went to his son's basketball games and helped his daughter, Liza, get her hunter safety certificate. Placing a ban on news, Ryan said his family only watched football.

While he lost the presidential race, Ryan defeated his Democratic challenger in Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District and won re-election to an eighth term in the House. He'll soon head back to Capitol Hill for a lame duck session where Congress faces an end-of-the-year deadline to find a deficit-reduction plan and avert the so-called fiscal cliff.

Ryan, echoing calls by House Speaker John Boehner, said the president needs to "lead by putting out specific solutions that we can work from" in determining how to reverse the nation's skyrocketing debt. The House Budget Committee chairman, who confirmed he would continue to hold the position, said he favors tax reform and a "hard look" at entitlement programs.

Democrats, however, are pushing for an increase on tax rates for the wealthiest Americans in addition to spending cuts-a measure that faces strong opposition from the GOP.

"Whether people intended to or not, they re-elected a divided government," Ryan told the Journal Times. "But the difference is, this time we need to work."

As for 2016, he brushed off talk of a presidential run, telling the Journal Sentinel "Let's not talk about that stuff."

"That's four years away," he continued. "I think we're all tired of presidential politics at this time."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/12/ryan-says-obama-won-fair-and-square-describes-loss-as-foreign-experience/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Ryan says Obama won 'fair and square'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
So they ran the kind of race  they wanted to run ...that's disappointing, since both candidates ran a hugely negative and often untruthful campaign. I would hope he would have said, "you know, when I reflect on the race, I wish we had focused more on what we will do to address the issues, than on how awful Obama is..."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
Romney didn't get down in the mud like Obama.  No accusations of murder.  Didn't call Obama a felon.  Didn't let his crony go to the floor of the Senate and call him a tax cheat.  Not much of a comparison. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »
Romney didn't get down in the mud like Obama.  No accusations of murder.  Didn't call Obama a felon.  Didn't let his crony go to the floor of the Senate and call him a tax cheat.  Not much of a comparison. 

Romney did not intend to win.   He went harder at Newt and Perry than he did Obama.   Think about it.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
Maybe now that the election is over Ryan and Romney can fill in the missing pieces of their deficit reduction plan

You know, if they really are interested in helping out the country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
Romney did not intend to win.   He went harder at Newt and Perry than he did Obama.   Think about it.   

Actually he went harder after Obama during the primaries than he did in the general.  I wouldn't say he wanted to lose.  I think he wanted to win, but do it his way.  In hindsight, he needed to fight much dirtier like Obama did to win.  Sad fact of politics. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
Actually he went harder after Obama during the primaries than he did in the general.  I wouldn't say he wanted to lose.  I think he wanted to win, but do it his way.  In hindsight, he needed to fight much dirtier like Obama did to win.  Sad fact of politics. 

I don't know man - so many things never brought up - i think on purpose. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
I don't know man - so many things never brought up - i think on purpose. 

We can do a lot of MMQB.  He could have went hard on Benghazi during the last debate.  Could have highlighted Obama's numerous misrepresentations during his presidency.  Lots of things could have been done differently. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »

The experts say negative campaigning works.. It has the opposite effect on me, when ANY candidate starts slinging mud, I mentally turn them off. I can't stand mud slinging. Both parties do it, because apparently that's what WE like.... Makes me ashamed sometimes.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
The experts say negative campaigning works.. It has the opposite effect on me, when ANY candidate starts slinging mud, I mentally turn them off. I can't stand mud slinging. Both parties do it, because apparently that's what WE like.... Makes me ashamed sometimes.  

The experts are correct.  It absolutely works.  I don't like it either, but we are in the minority. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »

your advice to Romney was to fight even dirtier

should he have lied more too ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
your advice to Romney was to fight even dirtier

should he have lied more too ?

It worked for obama obviously. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

I'm sure that's how it appears to you

btw - are you still leaving @ 99,999

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

You gonna Honor our bet?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »

Romney lied a lot more in this race and you know it

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
I'm sure that's how it appears to you

btw - are you still leaving @ 99,999

I hope not... This person we are reading today is using his reason and common sense.

I like this guy... always have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 05:39:41 PM »
Ryan will make a fine FOX analyst.  Maybe he'll quietly retire on christmas eve so nobody notices.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
I hope not... This person we are reading today is using his reason and common sense.

agreed.   most here would agree getbig politics sucked for that week without 333386. 

when 240 is the one responsible for posting anti-obama articles, it's not a good thing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »

reason and common sense?

These generals were all set up and caught in the honey trap by Obama and his gang of marxist criminals, traitors, thugs, welfare maggots, communists who are afraid that they were going to tell the truth about Obama's treason in Libya.  Obama was arming the local Jihadi's in a sort of Fast n Furious in Libya and Amb. Stevens stiffed a few locals who went to get revenge.  The idea that this was over a video is as ludicrous and the stupid fucking mental patients who re-elected their God King Cult Messiah ObamaClaus. 

A big purge is underway, General Ham was sacked and many others in the Naval Command are being fired as well. 

he's the one who said he was leaving because of work and other issuess when he hit 99,999

he can always recant if he wants to but let's not pretend he's suddenly is sane and reasonable

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:32 AM »
agreed.   most here would agree getbig politics sucked for that week without 333386. 

when 240 is the one responsible for posting anti-obama articles, it's not a good thing.

I liked it when he was gone

His constant copy-paste and namecalling is so old

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:42 AM »

::)

No, he let those SuperPACS do that along with Donald Trump, Orly, etc.  Romney was wallowing in the mud like Obama was....lets get real.  None of them ran a clean campaign
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:29 AM »

global politics is played in the mud.  global politics involve a dozen countries pointing deadly weapons at each other and demanding things.

If romney was TOUGH enough to call Obama a kenyan traitor, he probably would have won.   Newt or santorum probably would have gotten WAY tougher with obama, as they were way tougher than romney in the debates.  Romney only won by outspending everyone 6 to 1. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
I wish benny could post those comments I made at the time.  I was far better poster back then. 

global politics is played in the mud.  global politics involve a dozen countries pointing deadly weapons at each other and demanding things.

If romney was TOUGH enough to call Obama a kenyan traitor, he probably would have won.   Newt or santorum probably would have gotten WAY tougher with obama, as they were way tougher than romney in the debates.  Romney only won by outspending everyone 6 to 1. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »

Wow... just wow

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 08:23:54 AM »
Wow... just wow

Wow what?  Romney ran his campaign like a country club milqetoast pussy. 

O-THUG ran as a sewer rat