Author Topic: Dick Morris Admits he made stuff up to lift GOP morale  (Read 1374 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Dick Morris Admits he made stuff up to lift GOP morale
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
I think that there was a period of time when the Romney campaign was falling apart, people were not optimistic, nobody thought there was a chance of victory and I felt that it was my duty at that point to go out and say what I said."

-- Dick Morris, in an interview on Fox News, explaining why he predicted a landslide for Mitt Romney in the presidential election.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/13/bonus_quote_of_the_day.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Dick Morris Admits he made stuff up to lift GOP morale
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
geez.   Morris needs to fng take a hike 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
geez.   Morris needs to fng take a hike 

says the sucker who no doubt believed every word this idiot said

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »
It's the Noble Lie in practice.  Look it up!  Glad your back, 3333.  We may disagree 90% of the time but the place isn't the same without you.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
I think that there was a period of time when the Romney campaign was falling apart, people were not optimistic, nobody thought there was a chance of victory and I felt that it was my duty at that point to go out and say what I said."

-- Dick Morris, in an interview on Fox News, explaining why he predicted a landslide for Mitt Romney in the presidential election.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/13/bonus_quote_of_the_day.html

fuck him.  fuck him twice. 

FOX news needs to take him off the air if he is admitting his only role was to get on the air and tell lies for a political agenda.

i'm serious - this is just embarassing - i love fox and haven't said this in 8+ years, but they need to stop giving him his platform.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »

FOX news needs to take him off the air if he is admitting his only role was to get on the air and tell lies for a political agenda.

i'm serious - this is just embarassing - i love fox and haven't said this in 8+ years, but they need to stop giving him his platform.

They are going to keep giving him a platform because he tells Fox and its audience what they want to hear.   
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
They are going to keep giving him a platform because he tells Fox and its audience what they want to hear.   

he knew the numbers were false, and because of people like him, getbiggers looked fcking stupid.

EVERY SINGLE TIME they want to quote him again, they have to think of how shellshocked they were on election night.

Every time they want to re-post his column or appearance, ,they have to remember he outright lied to them because the news was bad.

anyone who quotes him - they might as well be quoting their favorite hasselhoff movie as fact. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
he knew the numbers were false, and because of people like him, getbiggers looked fcking stupid.

EVERY SINGLE TIME they want to quote him again, they have to think of how shellshocked they were on election night.

Every time they want to re-post his column or appearance, ,they have to remember he outright lied to them because the news was bad.

anyone who quotes him - they might as well be quoting their favorite hasselhoff movie as fact. 

Fox will fall back on the voter suppression/conspiracy theory angle before they admit they were duped.   I don't doubt there were a lot of people at Fox who knew Big Dick was lying or at least utterly wrong but chose to keep bringing him on to rally the troops and keep people tuned in.  It's pretty obvious Rove wasn't one those as it is plainly obvious he genuinely thought Romney would win.   On the other hand, Morris would be a pretty convenient scapegoat for Fox to blame their totally inept election coverage on. 

A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 02:00:15 AM »

He tells 33.... and others what they want to hear

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 03:32:36 AM »

Lies IS FOX political agenda

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »
Lies IS FOX political agenda
conservative entertainment complex headquarters.
love the David Frum.
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 06:22:04 AM »

Dick Morris is the ultimate prostitute...literally.. will say anything for a paycheck..will bend over for you as well if you like

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »
All "News" outlets are entertainment. Listen to Wolf Blitzer just before CNN goes to break, he will always say something outrageous so you'll tune in to hear it after the commercial break. Fox News is the red herring, no network is a real news network in this day and age.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
All "News" outlets are entertainment. Listen to Wolf Blitzer just before CNN goes to break, he will always say something outrageous so you'll tune in to hear it after the commercial break. Fox News is the red herring, no network is a real news network in this day and age.

WTF are you talking about no other network faked their polls.

Stop supporting lies because makes it you feel better Karl Rove

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
What a horrible strategy.  Voter turnout is based largely on people thinking their vote could be necessary in order for their preferred candidate to win.  If they think their hit has it wrapped up, they are more likely to spend their time doing something other than voting.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »

hahahahahahahahahaha

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

he wasn't the only one there were quite a few on here that believed the bull shit

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
WTF are you talking about no other network faked their polls.

Stop supporting lies because makes it you feel better Karl Rove

You're an idiot.

I read the link and I'm not seeing anything about "faking their polls."

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 01:40:42 AM »
You're an idiot.

No Rasmussen and Gallup and FOX info was right on the money thats why a republican president now.

You are the idiot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 03:13:51 AM »
You're an idiot.

rass and gallup - either they faked their polls, or they abandoned the methods that made them so accurate in the past.

They're either shady and happy to fudge numbers so people use them (my suspicion), or they're getting worse at a field where others are improving.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:46 AM »
rass and gallup - either they faked their polls, or they abandoned the methods that made them so accurate in the past.

They're either shady and happy to fudge numbers so people use them (my suspicion), or they're getting worse at a field where others are improving.
great point. thank you !
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »
No Rasmussen and Gallup and FOX info was right on the money thats why a republican president now.

You are the idiot.

Your post makes little sense.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
I'm confused.. Why wouldn't he lie? There is no penalty. No one cares. They all lie. Each party has liars and 49% believe them and 51% don't depending on which party it is doing the lying. American people stopped holding their politicians accountable years ago. What you don't put a stop to, you condone. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
I think rass' #1 goal is NOT to be the most accurate model.

Rather, their goal is to be the #1 polling source in 2014, 2016, and beyond, with republican viewers.

It's not the most sustainable model, BUT if rass had matched nate silvers's highly accurate data 100%, then FOX would have stopped referring to them, because their viewers would have been turning off the television, and gallup or unskewered or whoever would have been the FOX choice, the choice of drudge, etc.

I'm betting rass is getting their narratiive ready, who they can blame, for the 2012 errors... maybe it'll be their field guys, maybe it'll be "left wing media numbers pulling" or something vague like that haha.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »
I don't think the polling numbers should be available to the public. Only the campaigns so this shit doesn't happen.