Author Topic: Papa's John Pizza Exposed  (Read 33747 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Papa's John Pizza Exposed
« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
I don't think anyone on here is naive enough to believe that. Becoming "successful" (at what point is defined as success? 250k a year? 500k a year? 1 million a year?) has just as much to do with luck faith as it does with hard work or intelligence.
fixed.

People have the "luck" they built themselves. Also this "luck" has been built, prepared, by their parents, grandparents and so on...

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »
I don't think anyone on here is naive enough to believe that. Becoming "successful" (at what point is defined as success? 250k a year? 500k a year? 1 million a year?) has just as much to do with luck as it does with hard work or intelligence.

I didn't say that success was as much about luck as it was about hard work & intelligence. I said it has MORE to do with luck than hard work & intelligence. In fact, it can often just be luck with zero hard work or intelligence. Snooki?

Take 100 intelligent, driven, hard working people. How many of them will become millionaires?

Let's say 10 do. So you have a 90 percent failure rate.

Now - of the 90 that failed - how many will you hear about on TV/Magazines/newspapers/internet/biographies?

That's right - exactly 0. They don't write self help books, they don't get interviewed, they don't write autobiographies. Unlike the 10% that succeeded. So people that did make it, stroke their egos by making up all sorts of reasons they were successful but they rarely understand how random chance played such a major part.

It is called Survivorship bias.

You see successful people that tell you to work hard. You do not see unsuccessful people that also worked hard. Hence, you end up with a skewed perspective. The successful themselves also have a skewed perspective.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2012, 08:16:10 AM »
I didn't say that success was as much about luck as it was about hard work & intelligence. I said it has MORE to do with luck than hard work & intelligence. In fact, it can often just be luck with zero hard work or intelligence. Snooki?

Take 100 intelligent, driven, hard working people. How many of them will become millionaires?

Now - of the 90 that failed - how many will you hear about on TV/Magazines/newspapers/internet/biographies?

That's right - exactly 0. They don't write self help books, they don't get interviewed, they don't write autobiographies. Unlike the 10% that succeeded. So people that did make it, stroke their egos by making up all sorts of reasons they were successful but they rarely understand how random chance played such a major part.

You see successful people that tell you to work hard. You do not see unsuccessful people that also worked hard. Hence, you end up with a skewed perspective. The successful themselves also have a skewed perspective.
I wasn't arguing with you. I was saying I don't think anyone here is naive enough to believe anyone can become successful if they're smart enough or work hard enough.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:21 AM »

You fail at your definition of success and your estimations are not true. You also fail to understand what is "random chance" and probability. Overall, what you said is semantic and logical mess.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:50 AM »
I wasn't arguing with you. I was saying I don't think anyone here is naive enough to believe anyone can become successful if they're smart enough or work hard enough.

My apologies...

I shall climb down off my high horse!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #280 on: November 16, 2012, 08:18:28 AM »
I doubt Papa Johns has enough people working the hours to qualify for health care anyhow.  Fast food businesses like Pappa Johns are experts at insuring their employs work just under the required hours to qualify for benefits.  
A

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #281 on: November 16, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
You fail at your definition of success and your estimations are not true. You also fail to understand what is "random chance" and probability. Overall, what you said is semantic and logical mess.

You also failed at providing a counter-argument.

I advice 1 dose of Nassim Taleb before bedtime. Follow that with a little Edward De Bono at breakfast.

Then if you still disagree, try to raise points counter to the one in my prior post and we may have an actual discussion.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: November 16, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »

snooki wanted to be where she got, she did all she could to get there, and got there. She faced compeition and was the "best". Luck is when you want something real bad, and actually obtain it. It implies you did everything needed first. It also means you finally deserved it. We re entering spirituality ground here. Most of the time when you re selected by someone else "above" it also means you please him/her more than others, so we all try to seduce those who have power before they make a choice.

Also you can insult snooki as much as you want, she may have more money than you. Looks like "intelligence" is very relative heh. What matters is one's ability to adapt and survive better than others inside his/her/its specie. She might not be very educated, but she has more money than you. Now, how long will she keep it, will she invest it wisely is another question.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #283 on: November 16, 2012, 08:25:54 AM »
"luck" is is quite a few things IMO..

Being prepared to capitalize on an opportunity where the next man just lets it slip by. Having the belief in oneself that they will succeed at something that has no guarantee, and having the balls to go way out on a limb to go get something,and having the smarts to see something that most people don't see.

There is also just the element of chance, being in the right place at the right time, but ll those other things ave to be in place.

I'll give you a perfect example....

in the mid 90's. a very good friend of mine was working for our very, very wealthy friend who owned numerous car dealerships across Long Island, he supervised security on a couple of car lots.

The rich guy decides he wants to subcontract security for all of his lots, offsite storage and everything...like 25 locations. My friend asks for the contract, the rich guy half-jokingly says "fine, if you can have a uniformed , equipped crew ready to take over in two weeks time, you got the gig" . what he didn't know was my buddy has been saving his money for years,and  had a crew ready to go in less than two weeks, he busted his ass 24/7 making that happen, and everyone called him a "lucky fuck" who had that "handed" to him

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
What they don't understand is that luck is a relative term. That's elementary conditional probability. From some perspective, everything is a matter of luck - our gender, intelligence, abilities, family, upbringing and so on. If we assume these are arleady known and we don't take them into the equation "luck" factor still remains. This does not mean, however, that we cannot turn the odds in our favor. With enough intelligence we can predict some events and make decisions that lead us to achieving success, however we define it. Some may say, from their perspective, that these people had "luck", some would argue that they simply knew something you don't.

This is irrelevant to our discussion. What drives Groink is simple envy. He tries to fool us into believing that lower class and standard of life is his concern while his true motives were revealed when he started talking about "royal" thieves from "upper circles". This is same language that Marxists and Leninists used, language of hate towards people from privilege that lead to bloody revolution against them. Now we can all see why he boasted about his girls, physique, lied about natural status - he tried to make up for what he perceives as his failure.

There is no need for hate for those who achieved success. Most of them were born to achieve it anyway. If you, Groink, truly are satisfied with your life and your accomplishments then why all this hate?

LOL..another one assuming he knows anything about my financial situation. I'll throw this out there, over a decade ago I fell off a roof and broke almost every bone on my body, people here will remember the story.  I sued DirecTV and got a huge settlement. And i have a very good job now, I've worked since i was 12. Money isn't a problem for me

I'm sorry i called you an idiot, and now you are all butt-hurt..... but you're an idiot

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
snooki wanted to be where she got, she did all she could to get there, and got there. She faced compeition and was the "best". Luck is when you want something real bad, and actually obtain it. It implies you did everything needed first. It also means you finally deserved it. We re entering spirituality ground here. Most of the time when you re selected by someone else "above" it also means you please him/her more than others, so we all try to seduce those who have power before they make a choice.

Also you can insult snooki as much as you want, she may have more money than you. Looks like "intelligence" is very relative heh. What matters is one's ability to adapt and survive better than others inside his/her/its specie. She might not be very educated, but she has more money than you. Now, how long will she keep it, will she invest it wisely is another question.

Yes - Snooki did what she did. As did another thousand women just like her.

As for insulting Snooki, what are you talking about?

Your post is quite fascinating. First of all you appear to project a spiritual side saying that a higher power is involved. Then you later equate success as being about how much money you have.

Money is important in life but you should not rate yourself or others by how much they have accumulated. Especially as it's down to luck in the first place.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »
Remember the 'backlash' when Huck called it "Chik Fila Day" on Aug 1st, and suddenly they had lines around the block?

Papa john was hoping to become the sustainable pizza choice for people who hate obama. 

Turns out, nobody really noticed or cared...

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »
Remember the 'backlash' when Huck called it "Chik Fila Day" on Aug 1st, and suddenly they had lines around the block?

Papa john was hoping to become the sustainable pizza choice for people who hate obama. 

Turns out, nobody really noticed or cared...

+1

The guy was a success at making pizza. Now he thinks he's Mr Politics.

He's the same as all these Hollywood assholes who think people give 2 shits about their political opinions.

Just a bunch of spiritually void people that need to constantly massage their own egos.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
The Pizza mans house

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »
The Pizza mans house

Very beautiful indeed.

Whenever we drive past a big house like that, my wife always says "I'd never want a house that big, I'd never be able to keep it clean".

The fact she has a maid to clean our normal sized house seems to be lost on her... You gotta love women.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
LOL..another one assuming he knows anything about my financial situation. I'll throw this out there, over a decade ago I fell off a roof and broke almost every bone on my body,

So thats what happened to your legs,sorry they never recovered ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »

So thats what happened to your legs,sorry they never recovered ;D

lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
Wellness is the future. Timing is and has always been everything.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
"Everything around you was made up by people who were no smarter than you"

---Steve Jobs

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
the greed of the poor man is superior to the greed of the rich man. 

Just ask them.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
"Enthusiasm, Timing and Luck is all you need to be successful"

---The Abdominal Snoman

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
"Everything around you was made up by people who were no smarter than you"

---Steve Jobs

I happen to have read about the people who did information theory and coding theory, the stuff computers chips are built to do and I can assure you they were smarter than me  :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
I happen to have read about the people who did information theory and coding theory, the stuff computers chips are built to do and I can assure you they were smarter than me  :D

"Everything is relative. Half of those people couldn't change the oil in their car"

---The Abdominal Snoman

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »
"Everything is relative. Half of those people couldn't change the oil in their car"

---The Abdominal Snoman

And now 10 hours of Benny Hill music

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »

pseudo-intellect superstar right here.