Author Topic: McCain Skipped A Briefing On Benghazi To Hold A Press Conference (on Benghazi)  (Read 7057 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is demanding a special select committee to investigate the events leading up to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya and has held around-the-clock television appearances pressing for a complete review of the incident.

But all of the senator’s media interviews and press availabilities may be interfering with his ability to gather information about the event. On Thursday morning, CNN’s Dana Bash reported that McCain chose to hold a joint press conference with Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) rather than attend a closed-door briefing about the attacks:

I have to tell you something that just happened on Capitol Hill, and that is our senate producer Ted Barrett just ran into John McCain and asked about something that we’re hearing from Democrats, which is John McCain is calling for more information to Congress, but he had a press conference yesterday instead of going to a closed briefing where administration officials were giving more information. Well, Ted Barrett asked John McCain about that, and it was apparently an intense very angry exchange and McCain simply would not comment on it at all.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Theater of the absurd!.  ::)

McCain Misses Classified Briefing While Blasting White House
By Jonathan Karl

Senator John McCain is demanding answers on the Benghazi attack, but his office tells ABC News he missed a classified briefing on the subject because of a "scheduling error."

The classified briefing was held on Wednesday before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee - of which Senator McCain is a member - and lasted three hours. It featured testimony by officials from the State Department, the Pentagon, the CIA and the National Counterterrorism Center.

During part of the briefing, McCain was holding a press conference demanding answers about the administration's handling of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya on Step. 11 that killed four Americans, including US Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens. McCain called on Congress to launch Watergate-style hearings to get to the bottom of what happened.

"More than two months after the Benghazi attack, there are still many unanswered questions," McCain told reporters in the Capitol Hill press conference. "While we await the findings and recommendations of the administration's internal review of the Benghazi attack, it's essential for the Congress to conduct its own independent assessment."

At precisely the same time McCain was holding that press conference, the briefing for the Homeland Security Committee was happening in another part of the Capitol building.

Why did he missing the briefing on a subject he has been so adamant in demanding answers on? McCain's office says his absence was unintentional - an oversight.

"Senator McCain was absent from the hearing due to a scheduling error," McCain spokesman Brian Rogers told ABC News.

Even if he had attended, McCain was unlikely to be satisfied with what he heard.

After the briefing was over, the top Republican on the Homeland Security Committee, Senator Susan Collins, was asked if she was satisfied with the hearing.

"I really wasn't," Collins answered. "There are many, many unanswered questions. I feel that we've only scratched the surface through the briefings that we had today."

There are currently at least four Senate Committees looking into the Benghazi attack. For her part, Sen. Collins does not agree with McCain's call to combine those into one special - or "select" - committee like the one that investigated Watergate.

" I do not see the benefit of, nor the need for a select committee," Collins said. "Our committee, our Homeland Security Committee has government-wide jurisdiction and a history of producing comprehensive bipartisan reports on everything from the Ft. Hood terrorist attack to Hurricane Katrina, so I don't see the need for creating a brand new select committee to take a look at this."

The White House had no immediate comment on McCain's absence from the hearing, but one former White House official was quick to jump on it.

"It is nothing short of appalling that Senator McCain would use his time and influence to play politics instead of getting answers to the questions he claims to have," said Bill Burton of the pro-Obama group Priorities USA.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
This whole issue is pure politics.  Can't wait for four more years of this kind of bullshit.  One good thing, it seems like the media starting to catch on to these type of tactics.
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
This whole issue is pure politics.  Can't wait for four more years of this kind of bullshit.  One good thing, it seems like the media starting to catch on to these type of tactics.

It's called "I'm bored and need something to do... to help me look relevant in a climate where I would otherwise be ignored." ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
The media is part of these "tactics".
Ramping up for the holidays, where everybody tends to have a nationalist and patriotic bent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
4 dead americans, obama lying about it - of course libs could care less. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Maybe if you got off this whole "libs" thing and pull your head out from your anatomy you will get a clearer vision of the grand piece of theatre being performed in front of your very eyes.

This is sooooo not a left / right thing. The sooner you understand that, ...the more empowered you will be to see clearly, think clearly, and act clearly.

Why do you think Celente always gets it right? It's because he's an objective political atheist.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V

the "libs" are 53% of the nation now.  you know that, right? 

doesn't matter what "polls" say where X amount claims to be independent or whatever.  47% of the nation is repub.  The rest?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

A lot of libs cared about human life when they opposed the unjustified and money guzzling Iraq War. Despite what McCain is asserting now, intelligence communities around the world did not believe Saddam had WMDs, or were pursuing nuclear weapons as the Bush administration clearly implied. Republicans can't accept they lost the election and are using this incident to distract the American public for the next four years.  We've seen these same tactic during the Clinton years.    What this demonstrates is that deep in their souls Republicans have an absolute disdain for the democratic process and will always resort to underhanded behavior instead of trying to make government work.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A lot of libs cared about human life when they opposed the unjustified and money guzzling Iraq War. Despite what McCain is asserting now, intelligence communities around the world did not believe Saddam had WMDs, or were pursuing nuclear weapons as the Bush administration clearly implied. Republicans can't accept they lost the election and are using this incident to distract the American public for the next four years.  We've seen these same tactic during the Clinton years.    What this demonstrates is that deep in their souls Republicans have an absolute disdain for the democratic process and will always resort to underhanded behavior instead of trying to make government work.

+1

Necrosis

• Getbig V
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/15/1162090/-5-of-8-Republicans-skip-Benghazi-hearing-complain-about-lack-of-information-on-Benghazi

Majority of the repubs on the committee skipped the briefing yet complain about the lack of info. They are nuts.
lol

stupid fucks

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/15/1162090/-5-of-8-Republicans-skip-Benghazi-hearing-complain-about-lack-of-information-on-Benghazi

Majority of the repubs on the committee skipped the briefing yet complain about the lack of info. They are nuts.
lol

stupid fucks

The only thing more stupid than republicans is their voters

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The only thing more stupid than republicans is their voters

LOL!!!!

The irony. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
I cant wait til you leave.

A deranged chimpanze can post better than you
noooo. just when we got him back online please dont chase him away.
he's ..... entertaining...... ;)
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V

Where was your deep concern for dead Americans abroad when the previous administration took us into an unnecessary war that killed more soldiers than Americans who died on 9/11?  And how much money did that folly cost?  Here is something else it cost: your credibility.  :-[

Perhaps you should follow your leaders Bush and Romney: go away... and stay away. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Where was your deep concern for dead Americans abroad when the previous administration took us into an unnecessary war that killed more soldiers than Americans who died on 9/11?  And how much money did that folly cost?  Here is something else it cost: your credibility.  :-[

Perhaps you should follow your leaders Bush and Romney: go away... and stay away. ::)

Show me one post EVER supporting W.   One.  I have been asking the libs on this board for years now to bump even one post in my nearly 100k defending W. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
noooo. just when we got him back online please dont chase him away.
he's ..... entertaining...... ;)

He's..... Sad

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He's..... Sad

Go read the new rule.   It was meant for YOU

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Show me one post EVER supporting W.   One.  I have been asking the libs on this board for years now to bump even one post in my nearly 100k defending W.  

You hammer Obama and only Obama for something the republicans is masters of.
Getting americans killed.

You are a neocon who has been lied to and you will be fooled again because you lack fundamental aspects of human understanding and intelligence.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You hammer Obama and only Obama for something the republicans is masters of.
Getting americans killed.

You are a neocon who has been lied to and you will be fooled again because you lack fundamental aspects of human understanding and intelligence.

Landslide coming!!!

Obama is now W's 4th term

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Is this true?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Is this true?

I believe so... I have read about 2 or 3 of those in the past.

There's a great list here.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
what were the results of the investigations into each of those investigations?  I surely hope there were huge congressional investigations like we're having here.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
what were the results of the investigations into each of those investigations?  I surely hope there were huge congressional investigations like we're having here.

Of course not we had a republican as president when it happened.

Remember how much taxpayer $ were used to investigate Clinton?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
so we spent hundred million bucks on a BJ investigation on clinton, yet we only spent $13 mil on the 911 investigation, and didn't bother on these other embassy attacks?

sad.