Author Topic: Marlins/Blue Jays trade  (Read 5295 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Marlins/Blue Jays trade
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
i know you cant always blame injuries...every team gets them. But the Jays were extensive last year(yes sox too)

all im saying is if they stay healthy(even half of last year) and with the added talent this off season, i think they are a legit contender for a playoff spot after MANY years.

also i think there may be at least 1 more move coming. The Jays have an excess of catchers right now and someone needs to go...Arencibia, Buck, d'Arnaud

Yes, and I wasn't dismissing them either.  I think this trade is massive for them.  It's just rare to see THAT much improvement, so I'm playing the numbers game.  I still think NY and Tampa are better, but TB needs some bats to complement their stellar pitching.  I have Toronto getting third in the East at the moment.
Y

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »
Yes, and I wasn't dismissing them either.  I think this trade is massive for them.  It's just rare to see THAT much improvement, so I'm playing the numbers game.  I still think NY and Tampa are better, but TB needs some bats to complement their stellar pitching.  I have Toronto getting third in the East at the moment.

agreed

im not sure if i like the naming of Gibbons as manager though....again  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
agreed

im not sure if i like the naming of Gibbons as manager though....again  :-\

That probably won't make much of a difference.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
phillies are said to be pursuing gianacarlo aka mike stanton. r  u kidding me.it this happens  talk about alienating your fans.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »
phillies are said to be pursuing gianacarlo aka mike stanton. r  u kidding me.it this happens  talk about alienating your fans.

I'm sure every GM with chips to trade is inquiring about him.
Y