Author Topic: Why dont people use crystal meth instead of steroids?  (Read 25529 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Why dont people use crystal meth instead of steroids?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
hmm. i smoked it. maybe it was a bad batch. but these days even pure mdma doesnt effect me. last time i tried it was a few weeks ago and i snorted 4 and took 2. didnt do shit but dialate my pupils and i know they were 100% pure.
Odd. I used to slam Meth and it was by far the most intense high of any of the major drugs. I used to slam a lot though... that may have something to do with it.

MDMA never really did much for me, kind of like your description of meth.. mild elevated mood and euphoria.. but thats it.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

Faces of mild euphoria
O

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »

Faces of mild euphoria
Those are extreme examples... like anything else, genetics play a large role. I knew people who's body fell apart after smoking it for a month, and people that had been slamming for 10 years and you couldn't even tell.

Still probably the most socially destructive drug their is.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
To be fair the bitch second from bottom on the left got a lot hotter on meth. They should have left her out.
O

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
Odd. I used to slam Meth and it was by far the most intense high of any of the major drugs. I used to slam a lot though... that may have something to do with it.

MDMA never really did much for me, kind of like your description of meth.. mild elevated mood and euphoria.. but thats it.
i have a theory that based on your individual personality drugs will effect you differently. for example, alcoholics become alcoholcs because there is something about the alcohol intoxication that fills a void they personally have lacking in their personality. whereas they could try weed or mdma or something else and not think much of it. likewise, a guy like me fell in love with mdma because i was lacking empathy and openness. but alcohol doesnt really do anything for me. for yourself, maybe theres something about crystal meth in particular that fills some void in your personality.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
X

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »

Spot on. Caveman got a bit of a Tarantino thing going on.
O

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »
i have a theory that based on your individual personality drugs will effect you differently. for example, alcoholics become alcoholcs because there is something about the alcohol intoxication that fills a void they personally have lacking in their personality. whereas they could try weed or mdma or something else and not think much of it. likewise, a guy like me fell in love with mdma because i was lacking empathy and openness. but alcohol doesnt really do anything for me. for yourself, maybe theres something about crystal meth in particular that fills some void in your personality.

MDMA will make you and a stranger share your life storys and make you feel like youve known each other for 10 years. crystal meth will turn you into a sexual defiant, thief, terrible spouse,friend,ect. It basically kills you from the inside out,plus you will lose your teeth...

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 01:09:01 AM »
well, maybe i didnt experience much euphoria because my brain doesnt respond to serotonin-stimulating drugs anymore. 

Meth mainly increases dopamine, not serotonin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 02:59:28 AM »
I know people who have been using for a long time without any problems at all - more energy, successful at their jobs etc. So I agree, its about discipline, self-control etc. Its just like food - we all love eating, but some people can't control themselves and get fat as they are greedy, whereas others are fine.

What does "slamming" mean? The people I know either snort it or smoke it - you can tell when they are on it as they are active, speak a lot etc, but again the people I know on it take care of their health, eat well, exercize, have actually pretty good paying jobs. I would not say they are "addicts" but they certainly enjoy using, and look forward to it, but probably if they really had to they could stop if needed.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »
So if it doesn't have any effect on you any more, does that mean your brain is fried?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 03:39:41 AM »

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 03:42:55 AM »
I know people who have been using for a long time without any problems at all - more energy, successful at their jobs etc. So I agree, its about discipline, self-control etc. Its just like food - we all love eating, but some people can't control themselves and get fat as they are greedy, whereas others are fine.

What does "slamming" mean? The people I know either snort it or smoke it - you can tell when they are on it as they are active, speak a lot etc, but again the people I know on it take care of their health, eat well, exercize, have actually pretty good paying jobs. I would not say they are "addicts" but they certainly enjoy using, and look forward to it, but probably if they really had to they could stop if needed.

Slamming is shooting it up. 

Just curious if these people you know have ever stopped using to see if they can live without it?  You know your an addict if you can't find any so you spend every waking moment making 100's of calls to see if you can get the hookup.  Meth is bad news and I don't see someone just quitting after a long time of use without some kind of intervention or arrest.  I did meth many times over 20 years ago but never got to that point of addiction plus I didn't know how it was made.  I just knew it was stronger than coke..lol.  Once you start slamming you have graduated from rec use to full blown addict.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 04:40:40 AM »
I think you would need to be a f-ing idiot to inject.

The crowd I know are professionals, so used to snorting (coke) and smoking (pot). Injecting on the other hand has connotations of heroin users and also the HIV needle sharing stigma, and so none as far as I know inject.

To tell the truth none I know have fully stopped. Quite a few, when they travel don't use, unless they travel to a place where its easy to get, and then they will get some when they arrive. I've also known others who stopped fro periods of time, for example when they had a new born child.

I would classify most as those who really enjoy and benefit from the use, rather than those who "need" it like a typical addict. Probably the worst ones are those who are independently wealthy - they don't need to work, and so can do recreationals a little more - one friend in particular does a mix of meth, coffee, alcohol, coke and pot depending on the time of the day, ecstacy occasionally, and he is also a ciggette smoker. He's probably the one I am a little concerned about, but he does all in "modertation", funny as that sounds.

I personally prefer good quality coke. The problem is that coke can be cut or impure and unless you get a reliable nice clean source, for some people its just less effort to go to meth instead.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
because it kills brain cells look at tbombz

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 05:17:53 AM »
in otherwords you take the name and just google it?

but how type in bro

Jessica Scott

or

Jessica Scott mugshots?

Jesus Christ Johnny, I knew you lived in a shithole Redneck village far from civilization, but you could have at least heard of Google and how it works by now!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »
well, maybe i didnt experience much euphoria because my brain doesnt respond to serotonin-stimulating drugs anymore.  but when i tried it, i didnt really experience much of anything at all besides staying awake till 7 am.   have you ever tried MDMA? in order to be able to speak on the differences? cuz i am talking about relative euphoria compared to MDMA. which, based on what i experienced, is completely incomparable. where meth was mental alertness and wakefullness with a bit of increased mood, MDMA is a burning fire of intense passionate love coming from deep within your soul.

Meth is much more dopaminergic and noradrenergic than MDMA is.

It's dopamine that's largely responsible for euphoria and noradrenaline that's largely responsible for the rush.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 05:29:23 AM »
This has got me thinking: why not start a drug-thread with personal experiences with each drug, both effects and anecdotes?

I've got plenty of experience with everything I could get over here and I'm there are plenty of others here as well.

Would be a great for people wanting to try out certain things 8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
Meth is much more dopaminergic and noradrenergic than MDMA is.

It's dopamine that's largely responsible for euphoria and noradrenaline that's largely responsible for the rush.

My experience was similar to Tbomz'.  No euphoria, no rush, nothing.  Then I spent the next 3 days trying to keep down solid food.  Guess it was a good thing since I never went back for more after trying it, while others seemed to be able to concentrate on nothing else.

Is it just down to the individual brain?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
My experience was similar to Tbomz'.  No euphoria, no rush, nothing.  Then I spent the next 3 days trying to keep down solid food.  Guess it was a good thing since I never went back for more after trying it, while others seemed to be able to concentrate on nothing else.

Is it just down to the individual brain?

What DID you experience? Absolutely nothing? If you didn't feel the urge to socialize with everyone, liked everyone a lot, then you probably didn't get MDMA.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
What DID you experience? Absolutely nothing? If you didn't feel the urge to socialize with everyone, liked everyone a lot, then you probably didn't get MDMA.

i always feel an urge to socialize but i know the result is a sum of distraction. so i limit my socialization to some on getbig and some on xbox live

drugs give people energy by using up the bodies dense ingredients

so does food give energy by not using up the bodies dense ingredients but by building upon those ingredients
A

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_MDMA_on_the_human_body

Short-term experiential effects, which tend to last less than 4 hours, include:

Mental and physical euphoria
A sense of general well-being and contentedness
Decreased negative emotion and behavior such as stress, anxiety, fear, and paranoia
Increased sociability and feelings of communication being easy or simple
Increased urge to communicate with others
Increased empathy and feelings of closeness or connection with others[11]

Reduced insecurity, defensiveness, and fear of emotional injury[12]
Decreased irritability, aggression, anger, and jealousy
A sense of increased insightfulness and introspection[11][13]
Mild psychedelia (colors and sounds are enhanced, mild closed-eye visuals, improved pattern recognition, etc.)
Enhanced tactile sensations (touching, hugging, and sex)
Effects beginning after the main effects of MDMA have ended, which can last several days, include:
Lowered mood or even depression (comedown) after the effects have worn off
Increased anxiety, stress, and other negative emotions
Residual feelings of empathy, emotional sensitivity, and a sense of closeness to others (afterglow)

As you see, if you didn't have all the social effects, it was fake MDMA.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
i always feel an urge to socialize but i know the result is a sum of distraction. so i limit my socialization to some on getbig and some on xbox live

drugs give people energy by using up the bodies dense ingredients

so does food give energy by not using up the bodies dense ingredients but by building upon those ingredients

You burn out fast on drugs yes. Something's got to give. I have no idea how these people that supposedly use them continuously pull it off.

After 1 night of MDMA-partying, I was completely worn down for a few days and couldn't do much else than watch tv.

Crystal Meth is even worse since it's a harsher drug.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
You burn out fast on drugs yes. Something's got to give. I have no idea how these people that supposedly use them continuously pull it off.

After 1 night of MDMA-partying, I was completely worn down for a few days and couldn't do much else than watch tv.

Crystal Meth is even worse since it's a harsher drug.

youre older now? and i dont assume you do that crap any more?
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »

I meant my reaction to meth.  It just made me awake, nothing more.  Didn't see the appeal of it at all but others were ga-ga over it.  Same with coke.  Other people took a line from the same batch and swore it was great.  I never saw what the big deal was.