Author Topic: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss  (Read 9492 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
Hell yeah im badgering... like fuck yeah i am. Because this homo gets away with making accusations, claims and statements, and then basing decisions on them, and when the facts about that accusation is uncovered.. he just ignores it.. and goes to another thread... Its fucking gay. Like seriously, this asswhipe calls me ignorant, uninformed but at the end of the day, he was the fucking retard that posted landslide coming based off flawed information, but im informed?... So hell naw im not going to act like im not badgering his punk ass. But its for a reason, He made that statement about Romney being a felon and i ask for a quote and im called an idiot uninformed dumbass... but... there is no such quote...

dude I was wrong and a lot of people were wrong.  I manned up and acknowledged it.  Worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.  

BTW - everyone knows that the imoplication of cutters' words was that romeny was a felon.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Obama into Asian broads now?
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
That's a personal issue you have with 333333.  You don't like the way he acts, you don't like his politics, etc.   That no longer gives you the right to insult him, badger, bait, name call, etc just as it does with you.  And YOU have SEEN me go round and round with him on matters like this.  Check out the hostess thread, its not that hard to do.
If you have that much of an issue PM him and carry it on there.
but on this forum, find a way to make a point with out attacking the poster personally by calling them names, insulting, badgering etc.
If you don't like a thread he starts, you ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO PARTICIPATE IN IT.  So just ignore it.  or challenge it in a way that doesn't included personally attacking a person by abusive ad-hom, insults, badgering etc.
I think EVERYONE in here including 333333 saw just how wrong he was on 11-6.   Wasn't the first time.
nuff said.  move on. 
You arent getting what im saying bro. It goes like this
3333 or beach say some wild dumb ass claim...
I ask for proof or display something in factual contrast to their claim
IN THE NEXT POST...IM CALLED IGNORANT UNINFORMED OR A TYPICAL 95ER (code for ni66er) which i dont mind... but atleast offer a rebuttle... not just some dumb ass insult... and this has happened as recent as LAST WEEK. ..So i ask... what gives

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:16 PM »
dude I was wrong and a lot of people were wrong.  I manned up and acknowledged it.  Worse than a sore loser is a sore winner

BTW - everyone knows that the imoplication of cutters' words was that romeny was a felon. 

Nope dont try that crap... you were reduced to sending me dumb ass gobbly goop pms post election...

also... i dont have a problem with the people that manned up. Post election Fury and MCWAY have gained all the respect in my book.. but you... you insist on calling ME uninformed but you based all of your "predictions" on awful information... so whos the uninformed?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »
Let's not stop there.  Let's have a new rule for derailing threads with asinine rants.  Posting the exact same article in multiple threads after it has a thread of it's own created for it.  Wishing death on fellow Americans.  And deliberately misquoting a source to fit a biased viewpoint.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
You arent getting what im saying bro. It goes like this
3333 or beach say some wild dumb ass claim...
I ask for proof or display something in factual contrast to their claim
IN THE NEXT POST...IM CALLED IGNORANT UNINFORMED OR A TYPICAL 95ER (code for ni66er) which i dont mind... but atleast offer a rebuttle... not just some dumb ass insult... and this has happened as recent as LAST WEEK. ..So i ask... what gives

Exactly!

now you won't get called all those insults and you can show how they DID NOT back you their claims.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »

Nope dont try that crap... you were reduced to sending me dumb ass gobbly goop pms post election...

also... i dont have a problem with the people that manned up. Post election Fury and MCWAY have gained all the respect in my book.. but you... you insist on calling ME uninformed but you based all of your "predictions" on awful information... so whos the uninformed?

MCWAY has never had a problem with admitting he was wrong or when something goes the opposite of what he claims.  That dude doesn't hesitate to man up and own up to his mistake.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »
Obama in Burma: 'I Wish I Could... Impose My Will on Congress'

by Ben Shapiro

19 Nov 2012, 12:02 PM

Today, President Obama spoke in Burma – or as he termed it, Myanmar, despite official US practice to call the country Burma – and repeatedly botched the name of the country’s famed Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, instead calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi. Then he called President Thein Sein “President Sein,” which was a diplomatic snafu, since the president of Burma is to be called by his full name.

His speech was just as bad. After getting through the basics – acting as though his doctrine, not President Bush’s multiple actions on behalf of democracy in Burma, had created more freedom in Burma -- Obama cited Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s “four fundamental freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.”

When it came to freedom of speech, Obama said all the right things – after all, he was not talking about an anti-Islam YouTube video in Burma. But he then followed up that glowing language with this bombshell: “Now, on other hand, as President, I cannot just impose my will on Congress -- the Congress of the United States -- even though sometimes I wish I could.” Yes, he does. And he does everything in his power to exceed his constitutional bounds. And he said this in Burma, a military dictatorship for decades, shortly after calling it Myanmar, the name for the country used by the military dictatorship. Talk about undermining America on the world stage.

Obama moved on to freedom from want, which he said was accomplished through private property which could be seized by government. Really. Here was his take on how economics makes peoples prosperous:

When ordinary people have a say in their own future, then your land can’t just be taken away from you.  And that's why reforms must ensure that the people of this nation can have that most fundamental of possessions -- the right to own the title to the land on which you live and on which you work. When your talents are unleashed, then opportunity will be created for all people …. as more wealth flows into your borders, we hope and expect that it will lift up more people.  It can't just help folks at the top.  It has to help everybody.  And that kind of economic growth, where everybody has opportunity -- if you work hard, you can succeed -- that's what gets a nation moving rapidly when it comes to develop.

So property ownership is good, except that it promotes inequality, so it must be redistributed. Got it.

When Obama moved on to freedom of worship, he moved back into his “red states and blue states” nonsense from the campaign. Instead of taking religious differences seriously and recommending a separation of church and state, Obama talked happy talk about culture:

My own country and my own life have taught me the power of diversity.  The United States of America is a nation of Christians and Jews, and Muslims and Buddhists, and Hindus and non-believers.  Our story is shaped by every language; it’s enriched by every culture.  We have people from every corners of the world.  We’ve tasted the bitterness of civil war and segregation, but our history shows us that hatred in the human heart can recede; that the lines between races and tribes fade away.  And what’s left is a simple truth: e pluribus unum -- that’s what we say in America.  Out of many, we are one nation and we are one people.  And that truth has, time and again, made our union stronger.  It has made our country stronger.  It’s part of what has made America great.

Well, e pluribus unum, until such time as Obama needs to win an election. Then he divides us by race, religion, ethnicity, age, and gender.

Finally, Obama addressed freedom from fear. He didn’t talk about the need to discard tyrannical societies. Instead, he talked in vague terms about xenophobia, fear of change, and the like. Some more typical Obama happy talk:

In many ways, fear is the force that stands between human beings and their dreams.  Fear of conflict and the weapons of war.  Fear of a future that is different from the past.  Fear of changes that are reordering our societies and economy.  Fear of people who look different, or come from a different place, or worship in a different way.  In some of her darkest moments, when Aung San Suu Kyi was imprisoned, she wrote an essay about freedom from fear.  She said fear of losing corrupts those who wield it -- “Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.” That's the fear that you can leave behind.  We see that chance in leaders who are beginning to understand that power comes from appealing to people’s hopes, not people's fears. We see it in citizens who insist that this time must be different, that this time change will come and will continue.  As Aung San Suu Kyi wrote: “Fear is not the natural state of civilized man.” I believe that.

What does any of this mean? Even Obama would be hard-pressed to explain.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
 ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Let's not stop there.  Let's have a new rule for derailing threads with asinine rants.  Posting the exact same article in multiple threads after it has a thread of it's own created for it.  Wishing death on fellow Americans.  And deliberately misquoting a source to fit a biased viewpoint.  

how about starting threads like this one based on phony premise for the sole purpose of spewing hateful, racist bullshit

how about it Mods ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »
Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss ("grave breach of custom")
 IBT ^

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 5:07:02 PM by Arthurio

As Barack Obama appeared in the home of Myanmar pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi in Yangon, the U.S. president planted a platonic, but very affectionate, kiss on her cheek (to which she appeared to slightly recoil in embarrassment). This act has surprisingly elicited little or no comment in the global press thus far – quite unusual since public displays of affection represent a grave breach of custom in virtually all Asian countries.

Obama likely did not mean to offend his Burmese hosts, however, as a well-travelled man of the world, he must have known that a kiss – especially one between a man and a woman who are not married; and one delivered to the most famous woman in Southeast Asia – violates local etiquette.-snip-

With respect to Suu Kyi’s apparent ‘backing away’ from Obama’s kiss, another expert on Burma, Frederic K. Lehman, Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois, speculated: “if, indeed, she did back away, possibly it is a personal thing with her and maybe she may have felt it was not to be done in a Burmese context-- she is, after all, a politician and sensitive to how her constituents may feel about her behavior.”

Though the kiss has elicited no diplomatic incidents, Obama did make at least one other blunder during his informal meeting with Suu Kyi.

The Associated Press reported that Obama repeatedly mispronounced her name, though Suu Kyi politely refrained from correcting him.

The president called the Nobel laureate “Aung Yan Suu Kyi,” versus the correct pronunciation: “Ahng Sahn Soo Chee.”

Nile Gardiner, a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst for the Daily Telegraph, commented: “It is rather embarrassing, as well as sad, that the leader of the free world can’t even pronounce the name of the most famous human rights activist on the planet.”

(Excerpt) Read more at ibtimes.com ...

He probably smelled by alcohol and smoke so she was like "GTFA!"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Was on Drudge.  Don't know.  

why do you believe EVERYTHING on Drudge?...can you think for yourself???....(note to mod..not an insult..a legit question)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM »
Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss ("grave breach of custom")
 IBT ^

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 5:07:02 PM by Arthurio

As Barack Obama appeared in the home of Myanmar pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi in Yangon, the U.S. president planted a platonic, but very affectionate, kiss on her cheek (to which she appeared to slightly recoil in embarrassment). This act has surprisingly elicited little or no comment in the global press thus far – quite unusual since public displays of affection represent a grave breach of custom in virtually all Asian countries.

Obama likely did not mean to offend his Burmese hosts, however, as a well-travelled man of the world, he must have known that a kiss – especially one between a man and a woman who are not married; and one delivered to the most famous woman in Southeast Asia – violates local etiquette.-snip-

With respect to Suu Kyi’s apparent ‘backing away’ from Obama’s kiss, another expert on Burma, Frederic K. Lehman, Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois, speculated: “if, indeed, she did back away, possibly it is a personal thing with her and maybe she may have felt it was not to be done in a Burmese context-- she is, after all, a politician and sensitive to how her constituents may feel about her behavior.”

Though the kiss has elicited no diplomatic incidents, Obama did make at least one other blunder during his informal meeting with Suu Kyi.

The Associated Press reported that Obama repeatedly mispronounced her name, though Suu Kyi politely refrained from correcting him.

The president called the Nobel laureate “Aung Yan Suu Kyi,” versus the correct pronunciation: “Ahng Sahn Soo Chee.”

Nile Gardiner, a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst for the Daily Telegraph, commented: “It is rather embarrassing, as well as sad, that the leader of the free world can’t even pronounce the name of the most famous human rights activist on the planet.”

(Excerpt) Read more at ibtimes.com ...

He probably smelled by alcohol and smoke so she was like "GTFA!"

Hey Mods, I find statements like this (unsubstantiated personal attacks) to be highly offensive

if you're not going to allow me to defend the POTUS then how about deleting these posts

All you're doing is letting a pathetic bully attack people who can't fight back

there is no PURPOSE for this kind of statement other than TO BE OFFENSIVE

The purpose of this entire thread is nothing more than to BE OFFENSIVE

If you're saying that's OK then the only way I can respond will be to pick out Republican politicians and do the same thing (which is not my MO) and then we can just have one big board of gratuitous and unfounded personal attacks on politicians

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
Hey Mods, I find statements like this (unsubstantiated personal attacks) to be highly offensive

if you're not going to allow me to defend the POTUS then how about deleting these posts

If you're saying that's OK then the only way I can respond will be to pick out Republican politicians and do the same thing (which is not my MO) and then we can just have one big board of gratuitous and unfounded personal attacks on politicians

As Ozmo already explained to you, the rule applies to personal attacks against people who post on the board.  I think most people understand the rule.  It's very simple.  Those people who have difficulty understanding the rule or posting on the board without attacking other posters, should find another place that will alllow personal attacks.  

If you have a problem with the new rule, please take it up with Ron.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »

I am at the point where i am just repeating myself.

For some reason, you have personal vendetta against 333333 and i believe its clouding your judgement and you are taking his attacks on Obama personally.  To me that's a sign you should take a break.  You are taking this way too seriously.  Or you are just messing around for fun.  i never imagined a plethora of tantrum like posts coming from you.  

BTW:  You are more than free to NOT post on this forum at all Straw.

But the rules will NOT change.  

And this is probably the last time i will say anything to you  on the forum about it.  

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
That's a huge cultural no no to kiss a woman like that in public.  The Burmese are very very strict about public displays of affection, even something as innocent as a peck on the cheek is a big issue.  You can see just from the way she's leaning as far away as possible that she's trying to avoid it.  What a douche bag.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »
That's a huge cultural no no to kiss a woman like that in public.  The Burmese are very very strict about public displays of affection, even something as innocent as a peck on the cheek is a big issue.  You can see just from the way she's leaning as far away as possible that she's trying to avoid it.  What a douche bag.

sounds like some PR guy didn't do his home work.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
As Ozmo already explained to you, the rule applies to personal attacks against people who post on the board.  I think most people understand the rule.  It's very simple.  Those people who have difficulty understanding the rule or posting on the board without attacking other posters, should find another place that will alllow personal attacks.  

If you have a problem with the new rule, please take it up with Ron.  

It is very clear

333 is free to post any kind of vile, racist, shit that he wants about Obama and any other person who is driving his diseased brain crazy on any particular day and no one can respond "in kind"

in the past the posters took care of his crap and now he is free to run amok

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
MCWAY has never had a problem with admitting he was wrong or when something goes the opposite of what he claims.  That dude doesn't hesitate to man up and own up to his mistake.  

I'll reserve judgement on this claim

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 05:38:40 PM »
I am at the point where i am just repeating myself.

For some reason, you have personal vendetta against 333333 and i believe its clouding your judgement and you are taking his attacks on Obama personally.[/b]  To me that's a sign you should take a break.  You are taking this way too seriously.  Or you are just messing around for fun.  i never imagined a plethora of tantrum like posts coming from you.  

BTW:  You are more than free to NOT post on this forum at all Straw.

But the rules will NOT change.  

And this is probably the last time i will say anything to you  on the forum about it.  

I have no vendetta against him

I am personally offended by his racist, bigoted, lying shit  yet if I use HIS EXACT SAME WORDS back to him that is somehow a problem

it's no more complicated that that

If you want to let a moronic bully run your board then so be it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
I'll reserve judgement on this claim

the only thing I can ever remember him admitting he was wrong about was the outcome of the  last election and that only lasted about a day and then the excuses started

Still he was man enough to show up unlike some people

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
I have no vendetta against him

I am personally offended by his racist, bigoted, lying shit  yet if I use HIS EXACT SAME WORDS back to him that is somehow a problem

it's no more complicated that that

If you want to let a moronic bully run your board then so be it

Hey straw...take it easy..LOL..you're losing it a little...I side with you and I understand what you are trying to say.... ;)

but lets give Ozmo a chance.....if anything, this is going to hurt 3333 much worse than us.....he now has to be much more disciplined in what he posts......at the same time at least someone will be here to control him and call him out on his nonsense.... ;)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
the only thing I can ever remember him admitting he was wrong about was the outcome of the  last election and that only lasted about a day and then the excuses started

Still he was man enough to show up unlike some people

agreed :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Hey straw...take it easy..LOL..you're losing it a little...I side with you and I understand what you are trying to say.... ;)

but lets give Ozmo a chance.....if anything, this is going to hurt 3333 much worse than us.....he now has to be much more disciplined in what he posts......at the same time at least someone will be here to control him and call him out on his nonsense.... ;)

it's not going effect 333 much at all

he can still spam this board with all kinds of vile, racist, bigoted and false crap which I personaly find offensive and would like to push back on yet if I use his exact same words that is somehow a violation of the rules

Hey Mods - is it acceptable if I just respond back with Fuck You to his post which I find offensive

If not, please tell me the maximum allowable offensive response for lying, racists, posts

Thanks

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 08:56:36 AM »
Straw... Ease up....Ozmo explained to me what was going on and im on board 100%. And Andre is correct, this new format slashes certian peoples posts in half as they arent allowed to just make baseless attacks and personal jabs at people. Also they cant RUN FROM STATEMENTS THAT ARE PROVEN WRONG FACTUALLY (cough cough).. So in the grand scheme of things. This is a good thing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:55 AM »
Straw... Ease up....Ozmo explained to me what was going on and im on board 100%. And Andre is correct, this new format slashes certian peoples posts in half as they arent allowed to just make baseless attacks and personal jabs at people. Also they cant RUN FROM STATEMENTS THAT ARE PROVEN WRONG FACTUALLY (cough cough).. So in the grand scheme of things. This is a good thing.

I'm fine if that's the case but I'm sick of seeing this board be nothing more than a place where 333 can vomit up his hatred on a daily basis.    This thread is an example of that, albeit maybe a bit toned down from his usual garbage

this board would be better if he just left at 99,999 as he said he was going to do