Author Topic: Corvettes  (Read 48560 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Corvettes
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
I have seen the yellow and black and a white and orange.... Both are pretty sexy.

cool maybe its not such a rare combo after all LOL.

I was told that of the 30+ C7's sold in my city this year I was the only one who choose yellow.  And only a few of the 30+ even ordered the dual stripes of any colour.

Before mine arrived I was frequently googling my colour combo to try to view examples of actual photographs of it rather than just the configurator's sketches, and had a very hard time finding pics of it, even though there were tons of red, white, black, gray, etc. examples.

My second choice was actually white (or silver) with orange stripes.  I liked the idea of orange stripes but wasn't sure which colour they would go best on.  In the end I'm glad I chose yellow with black stripes though, had I not I think I would have regretted it every time I saw a yellow C7, whereas I doubt I'll regret it if/when I see a white or silver with orange stripes.

I took my car out of my garage today for the first time as there's no more snow or ice on my driveway, it let me take pics at a few angles which I wasn't able to previously.

NightTrain

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
I prefer the black over the yellow, but they are both 10 out of 10 crazy nice. Good for you bobs.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
What colour and transmission choice would you prefer?  You obviously can't always get the exact combo you want when getting used but you sometimes you can if its a common combo or if you check around enough.

How long have you wanted a c5 for?  I think you'll be ecstatic when you finally get it.

Well been a big corvette can for a long time. My dad has owned several but i never have. I don't care too much about transmission but I want a black c5. I did want a c4 because they are cheaper but I like that the c5 has more curves so I would be willing to pay more.

Color for me depends on the year. C5 I like black. C4 black or yellow. To back to the 70s and I like the bright colors; red, blue, green and even orange.

'70-'72 is my favorite.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2014, 01:15:20 AM »
Yeah those new Corvettes are beautiful. They have the look of a supercar, with a modest price tag in comparison.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2014, 09:08:17 AM »
linking my new C7 pics that I posted in the G&O, yellow is the fastest colour!

Wow.. very nice..

Is that your car?  :o

What did you pay for it?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 10:48:47 AM »
dig vettes big time!!!

my dad had a 76, 81 and 2000.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
Yeah those new Corvettes are beautiful. They have the look of a supercar, with a modest price tag in comparison.

x2 - performance of a 911S, looks of a Ferrari, and pricetag of a Boxter

I prefer the black over the yellow, but they are both 10 out of 10 crazy nice. Good for you bobs.

Thanks man!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2014, 05:55:54 AM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »
http://www.corvetteblog.com/

http://www.matickchevy.com/VehicleSearchResults?model=Corvette%20Stingray&make=Chevrolet&pageNumber=1&visitedVD=true

This where I bought my C6 2009
they have the best price around  :o
saved $8,000.00 vs. What I would payed anywhere in Texas
Only $1,000 to ship from Illinois. To South Texas ;)

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2014, 06:15:25 AM »
http://store.corvettemuseum.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=30

For any getbigger than wants to take chance at luck .. might win a vette

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
I've said that all it needed was different wheels
http://m.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3415616-my-torch-red-c7-and-hre-p101s.html?styleid=140

It would be pretty sad if aftermarket wheels that cost upwards of $10k did not make a C7 look a bit better lol.  

IMO the factory wheels are fine.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
Starting to see them out and about in my area now that the snow has melted.

First two pics are a comparo with another C7 that's black, then I just took another two with a yellow C6 convertible...shows the differences nicely.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
Starting to see them out and about in my area now that the snow has melted.

First two pics are a comparo with another C7 that's black, then I just took another two with a yellow C6 convertible...shows the differences nicely.

looks awesome Bob,   nice car!!  have fun with it!!

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »
What do getbiggers who have owned Corvettes think of them? Please comment on any year, I'm itching to get one. Not sure which year maybe a mid 90s?
I had a 03 zo6   great car.    silver on black leather
a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »
Better Corvette color, black or silver?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
I had a 03 zo6   great car.    silver on black leather

I'm now leaning towards that. C5 preferably Silver.

Any updates on your corvette Big Bobbs?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »
I've always been a corvette fan since the The Magician tv show with the 74 corvette. They lost me in the 90's but their latest models won me over again. First time I saw one I was driving IH35 northbound in Austin Tx. I saw a red sports car ahead of me I couldn't identify. I thought it was an exotic import until I caught up to it and realized it was the new body style. They did an outstanding job!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
It would be pretty sad if aftermarket wheels that cost upwards of $10k did not make a C7 look a bit better lol.  

IMO the factory wheels are fine.

That would be my color. I appreciate all the options, and the yellow with blacks is kick ass. I had a 03 mach 1 in Torch Red with the black stripes and this would be what I bought. I see a few people asking what is better, this color or that color and my advice would be buy what YOU like, you are paying the bills, and you have to live with it. I currently have a 2013 Grabber Blue Mustang with Black Racing Stripes and Shelby spoiler and I think it is the best color combo. Its all about what you like

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »
That would be my color. I appreciate all the options, and the yellow with blacks is kick ass. I had a 03 mach 1 in Torch Red with the black stripes and this would be what I bought. I see a few people asking what is better, this color or that color and my advice would be buy what YOU like, you are paying the bills, and you have to live with it. I currently have a 2013 Grabber Blue Mustang with Black Racing Stripes and Shelby spoiler and I think it is the best color combo. Its all about what you like

I love black corvettes but it so hard to keep clean and swirl marks show, so I'm leaning towards silver.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2018, 09:19:26 PM »
I love black corvettes but it so hard to keep clean and swirl marks show, so I'm leaning towards silver.

Man I don't blame you I have had a number ofblack cars, currently my wife's BMW X3 is black and it shows EVERYTHING. Looks great but never again. Silver would be a better choice in MY opinion but it really is what you like