Author Topic: Brand new.....please help  (Read 2077 times)

LilDave

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Brand new.....please help
« on: December 01, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »
First off.....I would like to say I've been reading for about 4 nights straight and can't find alot of SOLID info about supplements/anabolics so.....I turned here, where I think this should be the best place for me. I need first hand info, and experiences.....Any help truely is appreciated.

I'm a small guy......I'm 5'5" Tall and I weigh in right at 140lbs. I am about 5% body fat, and I haven't lifted weights in 5 years. I am 22 years old and I am in great health. I'm in great shape now, but im not the size i wanna be.

I'll start by saying that Lee Priest is kinda a role model for me since he is right at my height....I am not interested in being cut down to no body fat at all and looking like I am ready for a bodybuilding show, I just want to be alot heavier. Between 175 and 200lbs would make me happy i'm pretty sure.

I HATE needles.......with that said......What is something (either by its self or a stack) that i can take to get a jump start on gaining weight?

I dont want to kill my liver
I dont want to lose my hair

Those are about my only two concerns really......I'd love for somebody to tell me what I can use to stack the weight on fast, and then what I can switch to in order to keep the weight on and eventually wein myself off of it all and go natural with some supplements. I know this is asking alot of you guys......especially for my first post here, but I want to be as safe as I can about this and still gain alot of weight. I have read so much that points in so many different directions, and I really just need some good solid info. Thanks alot guys!

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Brand new.....please help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »
I think eating more would be a great start.   :) 

Oh, and starting weight training again too.   ;)

LilDave

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:16:47 PM »
Well I already eat about 5-6 full meals a day......when i start lifting i will eat between 6 and 8 meals a day like i used too

True true!! Gotta hit the weights to see anything! I just like to have a plan.....I'm looking into this ahead of time to get everything I need lined out and get a plan down.

Going to buy my gym membership tomorrow and based on lots of reading and what some of the more experienced guys here say I will be ordering my supplements and whatever else I need as soon as I can.

I will get back into the swing of it all and get into the routine before I get too deep into taking anabolics and whatnot.........Just planning it out  :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:21:53 PM »
I will get back into the swing of it all and get into the routine before I get too deep into taking anabolics and whatnot.........Just planning it out  :)

Get your training regime down first, then worry about supplments and AAS.

One more thing, if you are ever going to consider AAS, you'd better get over that fear of needles. 

Just something to keep in mind, David.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

LilDave

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 04:38:26 PM »
Gotcha......I'll lurk around and read mostly what the moderators have to say in posts while I get back in the gym. I'll keep ya updated on the beginning of the weight gaining process!

I believe my goal is pretty easily attainable.....When I lifted last I only stood 5'1" tall and I weighed in at 156lbs when I quit lifting......not even any supplements, just alot of food

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 06:47:31 AM »
Lil D, not even training yet and thinking about juice?? naw start eating enough and get back in the gym.  Then train and eat like an obsessed lunatic for, 2-3 years and then give it some thought.  you should be able to put some size on naturally anyhow, if not it will NEVER be in the cards for you anyhow.

What is your daily caloric intake?  post up the diet and let us know if anything in your lifestyle burns up excess calories. 140 lbs?? you have a lot of eating to do.  Don't even LOOK at a stairmaster or treadmill.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 07:49:15 AM »

Lil D, not even training yet and thinking about juice?? naw start eating enough and get back in the gym and train like an obsessed lunatic for, 2-3 years and then give it some thought. you should be able to put some size on naturally anyhow, if not it will NEVER be in the cards for you anyhow.

What is your daily caloric intake? post up the diet and let us know if anything in your lifestyle burns up excess calories. 140 lbs?? you have a lot of eating to do. Don't even LOOK at a stairmaster or treadmill.

great points luv2hurt . . .

P L E A S E (gonna'be big Dave) ;) . . . for your (long term) well being.

Build the (appropriate) foundation. Factor dependent
genetics, commitment and drive, diet and rest (recovery) cycles
take years not months to do right.

EG: joints, connective tissues, tendons and ligaments
(the mortar) for the foundation - so to speak . . .
and in the process learn as much as possible about yourself
before trying to heap the mass on top of
a (potentially) weak(er) foundation.

The risk of injuries a really high without the proper base . . .
serious set-backs that could keep you from further progress.
and/or possibly result in a lifetime of (nagging) pain

- - - - car analogies - - - -

supercharging an engine or adding nitrous injection
without adequate transmission and drivetrain *strength*
something IS gonna give . . . . just a matter of time.

Or like putting a big BAD ASS exhaust/muffler system
on the car before having sufficient air intake . . .
may be like having big muscles - but weak joints
or an (annoying) loud engine - puny (underpowered)
engine makes NO sense . . .

I realize OVER SIMPLIFIED . . . but you (hopefully) get the point.
1 life 1 liver