Author Topic: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board  (Read 15636 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
Yes, and he has his side project Manraze featuring Paul Cook from the Sex Pistols on drums.

According to who?

Not according to any musicians.

Collins is NEVER mentioned when speaking of great guitar players.

Viv was considered one of the up and comers back in the day - until he joined Def Leppard and then he was written off.

Don't even get me started on Radiocrap being a 'musicians band'. Seriously, what a fucking insult. They can barely fucking play their instruments.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »
According to who?

Viv was considered one of the up and comers back in the day - until he joined Def Leppard and then he was written off.

Don't even get me started on Radiocrap being a 'musicians band'. Seriously, what a fucking insult. They can barely fucking play their instruments.

come on now, just because they don't play a jillion notes a second speed metal doesn't mean they can't play.

MikMaq

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
According to who?

It's not about their ability to fucking wank, it's about their ability to make interesting music, that one can get something out of. I don't give a shit if your like them or not but they as a group is worth respecting,.

All that wanker crap you get on with is total garbage. Of course their fucking talented but aside from that point their totally uninteresting.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
According to who?

You seem to only like guitarists that play fast 24/7. I like a bit of that too but not all the time. Yngwie has never nailed a solo as good as this in his life. Phil Collen is famous for picking every note. This song also rocks more than anything Yngwie has recorded:

Def Leppard - Bad Actress (Live):

MikMaq

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
come on now, just because they don't play a jillion notes a second speed metal doesn't mean they can't play.

Don't even bother the dude worships total wankers. Guys with no talent and have only technical abilities.

He's trying to turn this into an argument of one extreme over the other.

Either it's all techinical ability over popularity. There is a fucking middle ground and radiohead are on it.

MikMaq

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
You seem to only like guitarists that play fast 24/7. I like a bit of that too but not all the time. Yngwie has never nailed a solo as good as this in his life. Phil Collen is famous for picking every note. This song also rocks more than anything Yngwie has recorded:

Def Leppard - Bad Actress (Live):

Obviously the guys can play their fucking songs, this is something that obviously should be taken for granted.

Ability to play music isn't the question it is their ability to write and make interesting songs, with something more than just filler.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
radiohead makes dismal, quirky original music that a lot of people (who hate radio cheese) enjoy.  Not incredible musicians, but not bad.

Def leppard guitarist was average by any era - but it's about writing good songs, and he did that.  There were guys who played 100x better, way more skill, sitting in their trailers still playing for free.  

there's always going to be a better guitarist out there.  Satriani, I was listening to his new wormhole cd last night, it's not technically unreal or impossible, it's just easy listening guitar instrumental that's more catchy and memorable than technical.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
Never thought I'd see the day when we have a three-page argument on Getbig about Def Leppard of all bands.

For the record, I like them - Pyromania, Hysteria, and Adrenalize were awesome albums IMO (especially Hysteria) but anything after Retroactive has been poor. They come across now as desperate old men trying to look cool.  

Radiohead are miserable as hell - have never bought any of their stuff.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »
Don't even bother the dude worships total wankers. Guys with no talent and have only technical abilities.

He's trying to turn this into an argument of one extreme over the other.

Either it's all techinical ability over popularity. There is a fucking middle ground and radiohead are on it.

I know dude.

Radiohead is only universally regarded as one of the most critically acclaimed, innovative bands of the last 20 years.

but i guess "kerrang" magazine doesn't give them good reviews because there aren't 10 minutes of masturbating solos on every song

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
radiohead makes dismal, quirky original music that a lot of people (who hate radio cheese) enjoy.  Not incredible musicians, but not bad.

Def leppard guitarist was average by any era - but it's about writing good songs, and he did that.  There were guys who played 100x better, way more skill, sitting in their trailers still playing for free.  

there's always going to be a better guitarist out there.  Satriani, I was listening to his new wormhole cd last night, it's not technically unreal or impossible, it's just easy listening guitar instrumental that's more catchy and memorable than technical.
First off I play bass and I'd be first to tell you that the bass on radiohead albums isn't worth mentioning in terms of skill it's the ways in which it slides in their.

My point wasn't that their skilled musicians, my point is they way they wrote songs was truly interesting, and their influence will be counted in the decades or centuries, not years.

Def leopard wrote great pop songs, sounded great live and on the albums, were skilled musicians, sing like a choirs etc, however they will not be remembered, they will not influence anywhere near the magnitude of musicians that pinkfloyd or radiohead will.

Their timeless, and I can gaurentee you their music will be transposed, distorted and contorted a thousand and one ways in the future.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
I know dude.

Radiohead is only universally regarded as one of the most critically acclaimed, innovative bands of the last 20 years.

but i guess "kerrang" magazine doesn't give them good reviews because there aren't 10 minutes of masturbating solos on every song

LOL, I can just see you in the gym working out to the music of Radiohead. It must really psych you up for every workout.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »

Define "incredible musician".

for me it isn't who plays the fastest. it's who creates great music. I'm not a musician but their music doesn't sound "simple" to me at all, and the bass player is Ill.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
The worst song I have ever heard and one of the most overrated. They do write good nursery rhymes I will say that. By the way, the singer is a complete minger as the video proves. He looks and sounds like a kiddy fiddler.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
LOL, I can just see you in the gym working out to the music of Radiohead. It must really psych you up for every workout.

sure does.

maybe more people should listen to radiohead in the gym  ;)

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »

sure does.

maybe more people should listen to radiohead in the gym  ;)

It must be the physique enhancing drugs that makes you like those sounds. I've done more melodic sounding farts than that song.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »

It must be the physique enhancing drugs that makes you like those sounds. I've done more melodic sounding farts than that song.

simple mind

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
ok i now listened to one of the tracks.

they sound like a guest band thatd do a gig in a random stinky pub for free.

this is my unbiased opinion, i never heard of any of these groups mentioned here

Which band is it you are talking about and who is unshaven? You need to be more specific before anyone can answer you.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

that's because you like sanitized pop that goes down easy, all the rough edges have been sanded off.... no thinking required or anything  :D

just hi-five your friend... "def leppard ROCKS!!!!" ...and drink that Mountain dew..lololll

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
that's because you like sanitized pop that goes down easy, all the rough edges have been sanded off.... no thinking required or anything  :D

just hi-five your friend... "def leppard ROCKS!!!!" ...and drink that Mountain dew..lololll

;D

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

I like bands whose music has variation. Unlike Radiohead, Def Leppard have made all kinds of albums and they attempt stuff that most other rock bands wouldn't.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »

Ha! Who needs a Picasso when you can have a velvet Elvis.   ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
I like bands whose music has variation. Unlike Radiohead, Def Leppard have made all kinds of albums and they attempt stuff that most other rock bands wouldn't.

switch the names around in your post and it will begin to make sense, you seriously don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Radiohead put down the guitars for an entire album..KID A, and explored electronic music.

turned out pretty well, Kid A was voted by Rolling Stone the best album of the decade in 2010. ;)

keep in mind Kid A was released in 2001, so it wasn't even the "hot record" at the time.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
switch the names around in your post and it will begin to make sense, you seriously don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Radiohead put down the guitars for an entire album..KID A, and explored electronic music.

turned out pretty well, Kid A was voted by Rolling Stone the best album of the decade in 2010. ;)

keep in mind Kid A was released in 2001, so it wasn't even the "hot record" at the time.

I've never really heard Radiohead's music except for the occasional song on the radio at work. Now that I've listened to a bit more of it on Youtube I can't believe how shit they really are. To me their music sounds like something a 3-year-old could write. Where are the melodies, the vocal harmonies and memorable guitar solos? To you and millions of others they might be great but in reality they lack way too many things to be fairly compared to bands that truly are talented like Def Leppard, Queen or Judas Priest.

MikMaq

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
I've never really heard Radiohead's music except for the occasional song on the radio at work. Now that I've listened to a bit more of it on Youtube I can't believe how shit they really are. To me their music sounds like something a 3-year-old could write. Where are the melodies, the vocal harmonies and memorable guitar solos? To you and millions of others they might be great but in reality they lack way too many things to be fairly compared to bands that truly are talented like Def Leppard, Queen or Judas Priest.
At this point your just straight up trolling.

Radiohead has atleast 15 riffs that are totally burnt /strange /out of key etc, that are worth studying as an independent style of music.

Def leoppard from what I know play the most predictable cliched stuff in existence, granted well written but nothing worth mimicking.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »