Author Topic: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board  (Read 15633 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: For all the Def Leppard haters on this board
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
Hysteria is one of the best pop/rock mainstream albums there is.

It's not high art though.
Trans Milkshake.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
 ???

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
What has 9 arms and Sucks?

Def Leopard!!!

Never got into there tunes. When we were in Detroit for CanAm Border wars we were at a bar they were playing "Pour some sugar on me" Some damn drunk guy kept opening the sugar packs at his table and was pouring them on his head during the chorus, fucking hilarious!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
What has 9 arms and Sucks?

Def Leopard!!!

Never got into there tunes. When we were in Detroit for CanAm Border wars we were at a bar they were playing "Pour some sugar on me" Some damn drunk guy kept opening the sugar packs at his table and was pouring them on his head during the chorus, fucking hilarious!!!

;D ;D ;D

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:56 PM »
Blind Lion tops Def Leppard

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
Blind Lion tops Def Leppard

Any band > Def Leppard

I liked photograph when that came out but all of that "Pour some sugar on me" is so fucking lame and cheesy.  I have never heard of any band say that Def Leppard was a driving influence in their music.  I doubt those scrubs could even sell out a bar these days.  Utter fucking shit.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
they are "One Direction" with long hair and guitars.

when something is so shitty and obviously crafted to move units, i just can't like it

Music to me is some dude being inspired and writing a song, putting it down, and then the band fleshes it out and makes it into a full on song.

take "like suicide" by Soundgarden..Chris Cornell was in his house, and he heard a "THUMP" on his front door, went outside and a Bluejay had smashed into his front glass and was laying there... dying, so he crushed it's head with a brick, went upstairs and wrote the song. and the song rules

These empty headed hacks go into the studio and the producer hands out the lyrics and music parts and tells them exactly how he wants it all to sound, down to the note. then he spends months by himself making it into HIS vision, these dickheads have no real input.

there aren't even real drums on a def leppard record, they used drum machines..100%.. even before that guy lost his arm

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »
groink do you like the flaming lips?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

What your nickleback loving fucktard mind fails to grasp is that the things hipster like are generally descent, the problem isn't what they like, the problem is they only like it because people without actual taste like it.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »
The Flaming lips are a pretty under rated band.....everyone thinks they sound like that "vasoline" song but they are spaced out and trippy

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
they are "One Direction" with long hair and guitars.

when something is so shitty and obviously crafted to move units, i just can't like it

Music to me is some dude being inspired and writing a song, putting it down, and then the band fleshes it out and makes it into a full on song.

take "like suicide" by Soundgarden..Chris Cornell was in his house, and he heard a "THUMP" on his front door, went outside and a Bluejay had smashed into his front glass and was laying there... dying, so he crushed it's head with a brick, went upstairs and wrote the song. and the song rules

These empty headed hacks go into the studio and the producer hands out the lyrics and music parts and tells them exactly how he wants it all to sound, down to the note. then he spends months by himself making it into HIS vision, these dickheads have no real input.

there aren't even real drums on a def leppard record, they used drum machines..100%.. even before that guy lost his arm

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. If you watched the "Classic Albums: Hysteria" documentary from around 10 years ago you would need to be put on suicide watch for owning yourself into oblivion with your last post. It's currently available to watch on YouTube. I dare you to watch it. They had so much input into the making of the album and it took over 3 years to record. And since parting company with Mutt Lange they have been producing or co-producing all their own material. Just about all the guys in Def Leppard have written or produced music for other artists and recorded stuff with other artists too. They are highly respected in the rock world. Also, Joe Elliott has had his own recording studio for well over 20 years and it's been used by several well-known artists including former members of Thin Lizzy, Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones, Hothouse Flowers, Ricky Warwick and late guitar legend Mick Ronson. Regarding Rick Allen's drum sound, he has been using an acoustic kit on and off since 1995. The Slang album was all acoustic drums and since the recording of that album they have tried to stick to using real drums as much as possible. Anyway, you are a sad wanker who knows nothing about real music. It could be the bodybuilding drugs have gone to your head. But I think you must be on something else or like a lot of other shit ones on here you are suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder. 'Nuff said!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »
i own a couple of radiohead cds and like the band.   however they are the anti-prozac for the ears.

they bring ya down, make ya feel emotions.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
This site proves how hugely overrated Radiohead is according to the general public. 46% says yes:

http://overrated-underrated.com/music/radiohead/

Just one of the comments from the site:

"Insanely over rated. I have tried seeing them live twice and walked out from both shows out of boredom and anger that I paid to see them. The worst was that they headlined Bonnaroo this year and I left after the first 20 minutes because all of the songs sounded exactly the same to me. The worst part of the experience was that for the rest of the weekend I had to hear about how incredible everyone thought they were and get offended when I said I thought they were boring. One of the most over rated bands of all time".

;D ;D ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
Psychiatry

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »
You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. If you watched the "Classic Albums: Hysteria" documentary from around 10 years ago you would need to be put on suicide watch for owning yourself into oblivion with your last post. It's currently available to watch on YouTube. I dare you to watch it. They had so much input into the making of the album and it took over 3 years to record. And since parting company with Mutt Lange they have been producing or co-producing all their own material. Just about all the guys in Def Leppard have written or produced music for other artists and recorded stuff with other artists too. They are highly respected in the rock world. Also, Joe Elliott has had his own recording studio for well over 20 years and it's been used by several well-known artists including former members of Thin Lizzy, Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones, Hothouse Flowers, Ricky Warwick and late guitar legend Mick Ronson. Regarding Rick Allen's drum sound, he has been using an acoustic kit on and off since 1995. The Slang album was all acoustic drums and since the recording of that album they have tried to stick to using real drums as much as possible. Anyway, you are a sad wanker who knows nothing about real music. It could be the bodybuilding drugs have gone to your head. But I think you must be on something else or like a lot of other shit ones on here you are suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder. 'Nuff said!

so then i guess you know that Jim Steinman, the guy who writes and produces all of Meatloaf's  stuff...was brought in after the first producer bailed.

I quote Joe Elliot ...."he WROTE the entire album."

They didn't like the direction he wanted them to go, a more raw sound..so they fired him.

so then they tried to produce it themselves with the help of engineer Nigel Green, failed, and scrapped the entire sessions..... and in the end begged Mutt Lange to come back polish up Steinmans songs and produce it. that's why it took 4 years for the fucking record to come out.

you really think they are going to tell you that on a "documentary" that they produced? LOLOLOL.

Def Leppard are a producer's band, it's a simple fact.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
What your nickleback loving fucktard mind fails to grasp is that the things hipster like are generally descent, the problem isn't what they like, the problem is they only like it because people without actual taste like it.

calm down FUcktard...

i don't love nickelback... i previously have said that i enjoy their music...

i LOVE your mom's cooking... and her pussy   :D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »

calm down FUcktard...

i don't love nickelback... i previous have said that i enjoy their music...

i LOVE your mom's cooking... and her pussy   :D

Mutt Lange produced them too...LOL.  ;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Leppard do have a synthetic pop orientated sound, i don't see how anyone can argue with that. We are not talking about deep shit in their song output, but acknowledging that Hysteria was a great pop album.
Trans Milkshake.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
just another illuminati rock group designed to stray the masses, look at all their album covers, reaks illuminati not to mention their pyromania album cover is the sights on the twin towers, and nicki minaj remade their rock of ages music video at the 2012 grammy award performance, all right there for you to decypher, its up to you to do it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »

Mutt Lange produced them too...LOL.  ;D

:)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
Def Leppard created rock/pop hits....thats all.

...to each their own but to me they have no style.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »
Def Leppard created rock/pop hits....thats all.

...to each their own but to me they have no style.

Oh really?

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
I can't be the only one who had the Hysteria tape in their walkman at the gym back in the day.

Hell, I still think I have a DL song or two on the mp3 player.
The answer is "yes".

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
only groink could shoehorn a pic into this thread  ;D

def leppard have been at the top of the rock tree for decades

their drummer has one arm

radiohead are a bunch of pretentious idiots that wrote one good song

then wanked off for ten years pretending they are deep and meaningful

which band would you rather be in

a big rock group fucking hot whores by the dozen

or radiohead where your fans are all vegetarians and would rather self harm than take it in the ass
T