Author Topic: Re: Mike Katz Fell  (Read 23947 times)

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Re: Mike Katz Fell
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
Pumping Iron Star and Gym Owner Mike Katz fell off a ladder, broke 13 ribs, 3 vertebrae, punctured a lung and has a brain hematoma. He's in
ICU -- if you want to send him a Get Well Card - mail it to:

Yale New Haven Hospital
ICU Patient Mike Katz
20 York Street
New Haven, Ct 06510 :(

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
That sucks

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »
holy shit been talking to Onetimehard via pm about getting up on roofs and there safety issues, i knew i shoulda made a thread about it for crying out loud ron
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
onetimehard post some youtube videos on how you get on those really steep bitched roofs

OTM talled me that you always need two people , one person on the other side of the house and both of you attached by a rope that way if the man on the roof slips he wont fall off the roof cause he will be ancored by the guy on the other side
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:02 PM »
Pumping Iron Star and Gym Owner Mike Katz fell off a ladder, broke 13 ribs, 3 vertebrae, punctured a lung and has a brain hematoma. He's in
ICU -- if you want to send him a Get Well Card - mail it to:

Yale New Haven Hospital
ICU Patient Mike Katz
20 York Street
New Haven, Ct 06510 :(

Who?
X

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »
sad news

cool dude

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
Pumping Iron Star and Gym Owner Mike Katz fell off a ladder

Was he still looking for his t-shirt?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
holy shit been talking to Onetimehard via pm about getting up on roofs and there safety issues, i knew i shoulda made a thread about it for crying out loud ron

the Katzmeister is a big fan of falcon threads - you can make it up some other way dude.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »

ha ha ha  :D

falling off a roof sucks a giant penis. i fell and the same shit, broken ribs, punctured lung. and i landed on my side and my elbow, so my arm bone drove up into my shoulder joint and totally blew it out.

broken ribs HURT, and there's nothing you can do but deal with it

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
the Katzmeister is a big fan of falcon threads - you can make it up some other way dude.

i never test my luck cleaner gutters, i stopped getting on most roofs and walking around better to just scale the house with my ladder
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »
ha ha ha  :D

falling off a roof sucks a giant penis. i fell and the same shit, broken ribs, punctured lung. and i landed on my side and my elbow, so my arm bone drove up into my shoulder joint and totally blew it out.

broken ribs HURT, and there's nothing you can do but deal with it
How did you fall?  Getting on any roof is something I just refuse to do.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »
Don't be a prick......

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
smart move its just not worth it unless you do OTM's method we were talking over about in pm yesterday and today matter of fact

you need someone of equal or heaveir weight to ancor incase you slip or fall, katzmier wasnt thinking
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »

I was a contractor for DirecTV.

I fell because i was employing my then Brother-in-law as a helper because he needed work.

I didn't like the ground, was aware of the problem, so i specifically tell him to foot the ladder as i'm going to get off. So I'm dressing wires along the house , put my foot on the ladder to get off and it goes flying, I'm hanging in mid-air for a second thinking "I'm dead" and then i don't remember anything until i woke up in the hospital 6 hours later.

turns out asshole got a phone call from his girlfriend and walked away to talk.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »

I fell because i was employing my then Brother-in-law as a helper because he needed work.

I didn't like the ground, was aware of the problem, so i specifically tell him to foot the ladder as i'm going to get off. So I'm dressing wires along the house , put my foot on the ladder to get off and it goes flying, I'm hanging in mid-air for a second thinking "I'm dead" and then i don't remember anything until i woke up in the hospital 6 hours later.

its unbeleivable how stupid people are, that is average people im talking about not getbiggers

communication while doing important work is a hard thing to come by so many decisions and so much carlessness from someone that just needs "a few bucks" or "a little help"

i cant work around people when working on a house all they do is slow me down or interrupt my thinking
A

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

oh TA i am so sorry just noticed i missed you in the hall of fame.

Name:    The True Adonis
Position:    Getbig V
Date Registered:    December 11, 2004, 09:55:22 PM

All these years in GB reading TA's posts evokes one thought in me and that is: "it could be worse"

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
Great Hebrew genetics. Positive vibes his way

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »

17508 baby.
you need a few more today to keep the avg

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
its unbeleivable how stupid people are, that is average people im talking about not getbiggers

communication while doing important work is a hard thing to come by so many decisions and so much carlessness from someone that just needs "a few bucks" or "a little help"

i cant work around people when working on a house all they do is slow me down or interrupt my thinking

Yup...you try and be a nice guy, and you are the only one on the job who gives a shit and is moving with a purpose.

all jokes aside i could have been killed that day, and i had a two year old daughter at the time. that's all that kept running through my head.

My best working experience was when me and my partner would just bang out a job just the two of us, we didn't even have to talk, we knew exactly what the other guy needed and was thinking and we would just blow shit out..those were fun days.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
no homo?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

how many feet did you fall?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
worked with my uncles roofing co for a bit ,,was on roof pitched enough i needed boards and brackets,,,well i pulled nail out of bracket and board went bye bye,, i scrambled up the roof trying to grap nails sticking out the ones before cleaning off during ripoff well down i went screaming grabbed the gutter that failed fingers twisted right off in pain down into a bush feet first i got hit with shingles/debri for good measure ,,the kicker the fucking board that kicked out landed in bush before me .i landed in between board bruised the shit out of my leg,,,felt like a big fall probably 15 to 20 feet..

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:08 PM »
onetimehard post some youtube videos on how you get on those really steep bitched roofs

OTM talled me that you always need two people , one person on the other side of the house and both of you attached by a rope that way if the man on the roof slips he wont fall off the roof cause he will be ancored by the guy on the other side

The best thing to do is have experience Mexican fellas do that type of work.  :-X  I know some that shingled a 50' church roof that was extremely steep without harnesses...  :o

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »
how many feet did you fall?

20, onto a cement driveway

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »
20, onto a cement driveway

oh geez, I can't imagine that second of helplessness as it sinks in that you're going to hit the ground...  sucks man. 

how many years was the recovery?  Are you back to 'normal' again, or will the body never be the same?