Author Topic: Do bodybuilders take advantage of the benefits of hyperbaric chamber therapy?  (Read 8960 times)

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
increased intracellular exposure to elevated atmospheric pressure of oxygen will always be relative to the individual .. to say "safe" and increased oxygenation to a juiced athlete is not really applicable.. 02 regulation within the body has it's systematic effects w/ regards to cardiovascular and respiratory systems(everything is interconnected)... the body's response to such a drastic change of pressure cannot be easily determined just coz one knows his drug protocol... the body's adaptive response may be too spontaneous and much too late for the individual to recover.  ie/ sudden cardiac arrest, stroke, endless possibilities..  this is a much more scary technique than what the sport's world is making it out to be.. more needs to be researched

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
increased intracellular exposure to elevated atmospheric pressure of oxygen will always be relative to the individual .. to say "safe" and increased oxygenation to a juiced athlete is not really applicable.. 02 regulation within the body has it's systematic effects w/ regards to cardiovascular and respiratory systems(everything is interconnected)... the body's response to such a drastic change of pressure cannot be easily determined just coz one knows his drug protocol... the body's adaptive response may be too spontaneous and much too late for the individual to recover.  ie/ sudden cardiac arrest, stroke, endless possibilities..  this is a much more scary technique than what the sport's world is making it out to be.. more needs to be researched

So you don't agree with using it period?

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
there is much left to be said of its universal appeal at this point in time... i'll admit to not have a full understanding behind the whole mechanism of this technology(just have a rough idea of its concepts).. BUT from a medical standpoint --> the numerous oxygen-related disorders that abruptly change the landscape of a healthy individual into one that is induced into a coma, hypovolemic shock, cardiac arrest, --> the list is endless.. the body's response is endless... esp w/ their new predisposition due to certain drug profiles running currently in their system...ie/ certain drugs(steroids) already facilitate a faster/more readily release of oxygen (via hemoglobin) to peripheral tissues.. additive effects relative to each individual is not easily predictable.. i see too much danger--esp w the current policies against PEDS...   an athlete not speaking the truth of his usage (which is more likely than not) can seriously put himself/herself in harm's way

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Steve Namat uses it to heal the callouses on his right hand

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
I have a sneaking suspicion that Wiggs just wants to "hot-box" one of these therapeutic chambers.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
Hyperbaric = hyperbalony  ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
the body's adaptive response may be too spontaneous and much too late for the individual to recover.  ie/ sudden cardiac arrest, stroke, endless possibilities..  this is a much more scary technique than what the sport's world is making it out to be.. more needs to be researched

Please explain in detail and with proof (literature based proof from pubmed, NCBI or New England Journal of Medicine), how you arrived at such conclusions (hyperbaric chamber therapy induced sudden cardiac arrest and/or stroke).

If anything, all published studies suggest that hyperbaric chambers are actually used to aid in the recovery of victims from both strokes and sudden cardiac arrest who have been resuscitated.

I'm curious what led you to these conclusions,
"1"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Steve Namat uses it to heal the callouses on his right hand

;D ;D ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Hyperbaric = hyperbalony  ::)
Explain then doc.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
No one has denied it wouldn't work. Danny-boy threw out a shitload of risks, although I don't know if there's any science backing any of it especially with bodybuilders.

I know it would work and work very well to the point where bodybuilders would question why they never did it before.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
Explain then doc.

In short, if a patient has a non-healing wound on their foot, ankle or wherever secondary to a circulatory issue for example.
This wound will not heal if there is no blood supply, hyperbarics or not, sadly.
Ins. companies do reimburse well for this treatment and that is the reason they exist, no studies have shown a real use for them.

If a patent has had a CVA and is paralyzed, that part of the brain is dead, hyperbarics or not etc...
I wish i was wrong but...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
 They should

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
ttt

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Please explain in detail and with proof (literature based proof from pubmed, NCBI or New England Journal of Medicine), how you arrived at such conclusions (hyperbaric chamber therapy induced sudden cardiac arrest and/or stroke).

If anything, all published studies suggest that hyperbaric chambers are actually used to aid in the recovery of victims from both strokes and sudden cardiac arrest who have been resuscitated.

I'm curious what led you to these conclusions,
"1"

As I have stated, I am no expert in the complete mechanism of hyperbaric tech other than that it increases atmospheric pressure of pure oxygen... Normally used for carbon monoxide poisoining...  I was going by the assumption that these current bodbuilders are abusing numerous performance drugs other than steroids (ie/ blood thinners, diuretics, thyroid hormones, etc.).  Here, the dispersion of  of prior drug abuse(w varied drug protocol) may lead each individual to being more susceptible to producing Oxygen radicals(just as an example-toxic to body) Increased atmospheric pressure on individual already experiencing hypertension=thus leading to higher cardio output...  I was simply giving my understanding of hypothetical possibilitieswhere one cannot automatically deem this practice safe on universal grounds right now... Def suggest rigorous screening of athlete prior  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this machine will put 90 pounds on a person

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
this machine will put 90 pounds on a person

I knew I was on to something and I was right. It's all about the hyberbaric chamber.