Author Topic: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?  (Read 14183 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »
No hate, I just thought it was hilarious. The way he said it was funny. It's obvious the guy has no people skills. And there is a major difference between Paul McCartney and Lou Ferrigno.

Same difference between being a pop rock fan and a bodybuilding fan.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:28 AM »
Same difference between being a pop rock fan and a bodybuilding fan.

The difference in fame between them is astronomical.  Again, no hate from me.  A mans got to do what he's got to do to make money.  What he should do is work on his interpersonal skills. 
A

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 08:41:13 AM »
No hate, I just thought it was hilarious. The way he said it was funny. It's obvious the guy has no people skills. And there is a major difference between Paul McCartney and Lou Ferrigno.

Ironically , Paul McCarney is an asshole ....  he was born in a world where making beautiful songs can make you a "God like figure" in the public eye....but a Douche bag he is...

So many stories about Paul .....

Don't remember if it was Jay Leno or Letterman that once asked "Sir Paul" if he was happy to be back to that network after 40 years to do an interview and he said no".

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 08:44:38 AM »
The difference in fame between them is astronomical.  Again, no hate from me.  A mans got to do what he's got to do to make money.  What he should do is work on his interpersonal skills. 

Yes but  how many world wide famous rock star you know and how many famous Boodybuilders ??

That's what makes Lou more special over Paul "Cant buy me love" McCartney.   

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
Ironically , Paul McCarney is an asshole ....  he was born in a world where making beautiful songs can make you a "God like figure" in the public eye....but a Douche bag he is...

Name ONE story

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »

Don't remember if it was Jay Leno or Letterman that once asked "Sir Paul" if he was happy to be back to that network after 40 years to do an interview and he said no".

Never personally interacted with McCartney so I can't comment.  I will tell you what I do know, the way ferrigno behaved toward my friend Aaron made the entire experience of meeting one of his long time idols a giant let down.  Who knows, maybe louie was having a bad day. Although I know other people who have had similar experiences.  
A

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
bodybuilding is gay.... and it's far from being a sport

it's a modeling show for schmoes...

and chubby jewish photographers  :)
^^
AAAAAAHHHHH  YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Here's a true big Louie story.  A few years back a friend and I were at a convention.  My friend was a huge Incredible Hulk fan, he doesn't lift, and he wanted to take a picture with Lou.  When we got to the front of the line he paid Lou his 20 but before he would take the picture Lou looked at me standing next to my friend and said he would only take a pic with my friend and if I wanted to be included in the pic it would be an extra ten more dollars.  I politely declined.  I'd only pay money to take a picture with a Beatle or a member of led zeppelin.

your loss  :-\

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »
Name ONE story
.     Read my entire post. 

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
lmao, spit out my drink bro, damn that was so funny ;D
.    Si. Muy chistosito el maca-grano. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
your loss  :-\

I'll regret it for the rest if my days.
A

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »
<--- the guy in my avatar trained in the same gym as Lou in Pumping Iron. I'd pay $200 for a pic with him, where is he now?!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
.     Read my entire post. 

What about "SO MANY STORIES ABOUT PAUL"

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
<--- the guy in my avatar trained in the same gym as Lou in Pumping Iron. I'd pay $200 for a pic with him, where is he now?!
that's sylvester stallone before he discovered gear. ??? ??? ???
F

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
What about "SO MANY STORIES ABOUT PAUL"

.  Maybe in another thread.....I know is hard to keep one topic just going in its original direction on this board.....  But we can try. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
.  Maybe in another thread.....I know is hard to keep one topic just going in its original direction on this board.....  But we can try. 

Onward with the Paul-stories!

GIMME 10 NAMES!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »
What kind of a scumbag sue's his own brother over the shit he sued him for?  He's a piece of shit.
charging people including children for pictures?  He's a real piece of shit. Never been a likable guy.
Fuck him.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
i have a confension to make......I BAUGHT ONE OF LOU'S Pictures
Mr. AZ 2003

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
Lou used his bodybuilding physique to do the Hulk,true, but by doing so,  inspired tons of  people to become bodybuilders and dont forget, he went back to compete in his 40's ...and has always been involved in the "sport",has always been flexing and talking about Bodybuilding,  mainstream and every where he goes (with all the limitations and negative perseption  this little pageant may have)....... he's a living proof you can be and look like  bodybuilder at any age ...

Arnold after retiring age 33 only used the Weider publications to puch his movies....

He's been saying for years in interviews that he used bodybuilding as a stepping stone to get in to the movies ....  

Lou inspiring bodybuilders? If there were any its a small minority. Arnold on the other hand inspired a whole lot of people to start working out. Yes he is a machiavelian character in his dealings but he was the only bodybuilder to have put bodybuilding in the spotlight. Thats why there are still covers with his images on them despite the fact that he left bbing for acting decades ago. He's still the most well known bodybuilder throughout the planet and has his images plastered all over gyms worldwide.  He left some big shoes that no other bodybuilder including lou have managed to fill.

Lou? No malice towards him. The $20 charge is pretty standard in scifi/comicons. I once saw him at a toronto sci fi event at his table. Plenty of people were snappping away. A couple of people even walked up to him and took pics while he was signing but he was grinning away unfazed. I actually paused to watch expecting the "getbig lou" to make an apppearance but maybe he was having a good day. As for his personality...the guy is deaf so it probably takes him longer to process information so maybe he comes off as cold. As for his feud with his brother...yeah that was a douchebag move on his part.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Didnt the piece of shit sue his own brothet for using the name ferringo fitness? While his brotherd wife was ill with cancer?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
Didnt the piece of shit sue his own brothet for using the name ferringo fitness? While his brotherd wife was ill with cancer?

Yes, his brother had no legal right to his his given births last name for a business

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
Lou inspiring bodybuilders? If there were any its a small minority. Arnold on the other hand inspired a whole lot of people to start working out. Yes he is a machiavelian character in his dealings but he was the only bodybuilder to have put bodybuilding in the spotlight. Thats why there are still covers with his images on them despite the fact that he left bbing for acting decades ago. He's still the most well known bodybuilder throughout the planet and has his images plastered all over gyms worldwide.  He left some big shoes that no other bodybuilder including lou have managed to fill.

Lou? No malice towards him. The $20 charge is pretty standard in scifi/comicons. I once saw him at a toronto sci fi event at his table. Plenty of people were snappping away. A couple of people even walked up to him and took pics while he was signing but he was grinning away unfazed. I actually paused to watch expecting the "getbig lou" to make an apppearance but maybe he was having a good day. As for his personality...the guy is deaf so it probably takes him longer to process information so maybe he comes off as cold. As for his feud with his brother...yeah that was a douchebag move on his part.

In all honesty same can be said by Sly Stallone he like Arnold became Mucle action stars-household names and inspired millions to hit the gym...... so, by your point of view, no other bodybuilder can fill Sly's shoes either.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 05:57:28 PM »
What kind of a scumbag sue's his own brother over the shit he sued him for?  He's a piece of shit.
charging people including children for pictures?  He's a real piece of shit. Never been a likable guy.
Fuck him.

What Wiggs   you mad?

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH