Author Topic: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?  (Read 14218 times)

MikMaq

Re: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »
Never personally interacted with McCartney so I can't comment.  I will tell you what I do know, the way ferrigno behaved toward my friend Aaron made the entire experience of meeting one of his long time idols a giant let down.  Who knows, maybe louie was having a bad day. Although I know other people who have had similar experiences.  
The guy is a fucking ignorant girl.

He tried to wipe out sealing here in canada, and in the process wipe about 50-60 fishing villages off the map. 

All because we were an easy target, meanwhile ignoring the cattle industry.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
What Wiggs   you mad?

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

;D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »
Lou is ok, but he has no social grace among regular people. I cut him some slack because he is deaf, and they can have a bit trouble dealing with large groups, but I've seen too many stories of him turning away kids, the disabled, and others to have much sympathy for him anymore.

It would be one thing if he was polite when rejecting such things, but it comes off  "fuck you, pay me" when he deals with most people.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »
your loss  :-\

Ferrigno's work is a major contribution to human culture and exceeds McCartney's work by far. I'd much rather meet/get the autograph of this man than McCartney's, as per hippolito's suggestion. ::)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »
Ferrigno's work is a major contribution to human culture and exceeds McCartney's work by far. I'd much rather meet/get the autograph of this man than McCartney's, as per hippolito's suggestion. ::)
.      Lol.  It was somebody else who said he  rather pay to have his photo taken with Paul McCartney ......yo do have to consider that Paul  McCartney made it in a gigantic mainstream business where he has to share spot light/space/ with the rest of the Beatles the Stones,Justin biever, the Monkies,Gaga,Queen,The Who,The Police,Michael Jackson,Elvis Presley,Bob Marley,Kurt Covain,Madonna,Celine Dion,Prince,Hendrix,Elton John ,Right Said Fred,Clapton. And the list goes on.    Ferrigno is known  by being a bodybuilder and only he and Arnold are the two individuals known for it ... Which make it more unique/Special.   Hell Ferrigno should charge $40.00. Per picture if you think about it.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Lou could have 3-5 sandows right now.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
.      Lol.  It was somebody else who said he  rather pay to have his photo taken with Paul McCartney ......yo do have to consider that Paul  McCartney made it in a gigantic mainstream business where he has to share spot light/space/ with the rest of the Beatles the Stones,Justin biever, the Monkies,Gaga,Queen,The Who,The Police,Michael Jackson,Elvis Presley,Bob Marley,Kurt Covain,Madonna,Celine Dion,Prince,Hendrix,Elton John ,Right Said Fred,Clapton. And the list goes on.    Ferrigno is known  by being a bodybuilder and only he and Arnold are the two individuals known for it ... Which make it more unique/Special.   Hell Ferrigno should charge $40.00. Per picture if you think about it.  

Yes, you have a point. But I still think giant fishes in large ponds are more interesting than big fishes in small ponds.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Joe weider told Lou he would be champion in 1976, but Lou's hearing aid was on the Frits

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »
Ferrigno is known  by being a bodybuilder and only he and Arnold are the two individuals known for it ... Which make it more unique/Special.   Hell Ferrigno should charge $40.00. Per picture if you think about it. 

IMO, Ferrigno generates most of his money from being known as a TV and moviestar (Hulk) than as a bodybuilder. Fans don't go to those sci-fi conventions to get autographs of a bodybuilder. It just so happens that Lou's incredible physique helped land him the roles for which he is known for.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 03:30:38 AM »
that bear thing is funny
Mr. AZ 2003

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 03:57:33 AM »
Good luck to Lou Ferrigno but he is not exactly the most interesting person to listen to when he is in interview mode.

All he ever does is string together a bunch of pop-psychology one-liners that may or may not have anything to with anything else he is saying.

"You know, it's the fascinating thing because of the postivity in the mind. I was deaf for a long time but bodybuilding is such a powerful sport. Old woman can do it and to get the young people to believe. Joe Weider was like a father figure because, you know, if you can believe it, you can achieve it. Anything is possible because it's the mind, the discipline, how much more can I lift."

::)

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 05:46:07 AM »
can anyone name the current Mr. Universe? Lou's highest bb achievement.  is that title even around today?  in terms of bb success we could say Mentzer eclipsed Lou

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
here is what Arnold thinks of Big Louie

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:44 AM »
here is what Arnold thinks of Big Louie

cant understand much

what do u mean

what does arnold think of him

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:52 AM »
If memory serves correctly, the Masters Olympia was created for him---but Robby Robinson came in and stole his thunder, and then Vince Taylor.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:44 AM »
cant understand much

what do u mean

what does arnold think of him
Arnold is mocking him in a clever manner, you know Arnold the Billionaire versus Lou who is just barely a millionaire, put it this way;

I guy who sells 30 000 dollar rolex watches goes up to a guy selling vegetables and says `what are you selling? tomatoes?   get it..... `what are you selling pictures? dvds?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »
I wonder if big Louie is paying taxes on all the loot he makes from conventions?
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
I wonder if big Louie is paying taxes on all the loot he makes from conventions?
The amount he would sell, he probably does but only to a small fraction, maybe 1 fourth, just speculating here. I have some friends that are in the industry and don`t pay taxes on anything they sell or not even on the money they get for a few guess appearances they do. But they are insignificant and they don`t do that for a living so no one will notice.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
The amount he would sell, he probably does but only to a small fraction, maybe 1 fourth, just speculating here. I have some friends that are in the industry and don`t pay taxes on anything they sell or not even on the money they get for a few guess appearances they do. But they are insignificant and they don`t do that for a living so no one will notice.

Good answer and you are probably right.  I probably wouldn't declare the income from autograph signing if I were him.   If he gets an appearance fee paid by check he probably has to declare it as income because there is a paper trail.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
Arnold is mocking him in a clever manner, you know Arnold the Billionaire versus Lou who is just barely a millionaire, put it this way;

I guy who sells 30 000 dollar rolex watches goes up to a guy selling vegetables and says `what are you selling? tomatoes?   get it..... `what are you selling pictures? dvds?
yeah i thought so lol

wished him well shaking his head basically

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
Arnold has never hooked up Lou for a shitty cameo in any Of his movies

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
can anyone name the current Mr. Universe? Lou's highest bb achievement.  is that title even around today?  in terms of bb success we could say Mentzer eclipsed Lou

It's the IFBB World Amateur Championships (aka the Mr. Universe). The NPC Team Universe is supposed to field a squad to compete at that show. But, with the overall champion getting a pro card, I think American participation is down.

Before the NPC Nationals became a pro qualifier unto itself, that show was used to field a Universe team, where the weight-class winners at the U got a pro card and qualified for the following year's Olympia.

Many of the Universe competitors don't go there to turn pro. They go there just to win and get famous in their native lands. Some who have turned pro via their countries' national titles have forfeited their pro cards, just to compete at the Universe, which end up being more lucrative if they win there (Hamdullah Aykutlu comes to mind).

As far as Mentzer goes, you could say that, if you consider that Mentzer won his class at the Olympia but lost the overall to Frank Zane.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »
i never liked the lou ferrigno character

slow guy with muscles

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
can anyone name the current Mr. Universe? Lou's highest bb achievement.  is that title even around today?  in terms of bb success we could say Mentzer eclipsed Lou

But you go public and say you won Mr.Universe and people will be impressed....you say you won the olympia people has no clue what youre talking about......That's why Arnold always says his goal was to win the universe, and after he got it went to the movies etc.......

Wooosssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »

I guy who sells 30 000 dollar rolex watches goes up to a guy selling vegetables and says `what are you selling? tomatoes?   get it..... `what are you selling pictures? dvds?

Yeah, I totally get it. He was being a little snidey. You can tell he hasn't much time for Lou really. He just nodded and let Lou talk but said very little and then there was an awkward pause and Arnie turned and smiled and patted him and it was time to go. Just went through the motions..."good luck with everything!"  ;D