Author Topic: why do subways not have steps below so some guy who falls in can step up and out  (Read 2813 times)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
I dont get how there arent more dead people with the huge metal trains zipping by open space of stations.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
This is what decline bench, and dips are good for.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
also why dont trains slow to say 4mph when in the station? so as to not smoosh people?

jwb

• Getbig V
There actually would have been enough space between the wheels and under the platform to lay lengthwise and not be hit.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
There actually would have been enough space between the wheels and under the platform to lay lengthwise and not be hit.

That is one of the things that varies station by station, some have a bit of room, some not. Also the garbage trenches that some have ducked into vary in depth, you get about 3" of clearance under the train, plus whatever the depth is.

If he was closer to the far end of the track, he might of been able to outrun it, usually at the ends of the platforms there are duckouts with ladders to get to a safe place.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
wonder how many deaths a year

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
PIP

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Also wondered how many deaths occur each year in subways. Extremely stupid to not have an extra set of doors between the track and the passengers. Typically American I'm afraid.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
wonder how many deaths a year

Varies, 1 or 2 a week. Many are drunks or suicides, so they don't make it on to the news.

They won't retrofit the stations because of the cost, and dimensions of the cars and stations, you've got 3 different sizes of cars running on the tracks. They really need to overhall it, but no one wants to spent the time or money. Most of those stations are 50 - 100+ years old, cars can be from 1970's - usually.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
I dont get how there arent more dead people with the huge metal trains zipping by open space of stations.

Darwinism.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Might have been a good idea to help the guy rather than take a fucking photo. Typical of this generation, when somebody slips/falls the first reaction is not to help, but to get their mobile phones out and start filming. The species is fucked.

claymore

• Getbig IV
Might have been a good idea to help the guy rather than take a fucking photo. Typical of this generation, when somebody slips/falls the first reaction is not to help, but to get their mobile phones out and start filming. The species is fucked.

Agreed !!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

They were talking about this on BBC world service yesterday. Basically, one of the scum bag reporters defended the guy by saying that they are only supposed to report the news, not affect it. What a jerk.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
b-but i was firing my flash at the subway operator...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Basically, one of the scum bag reporters defended the guy by saying that they are only supposed to report the news, not affect it. What a jerk.
I'd like to see him say that if it was his wife/kid there instead.

No, can't help her, it would affect the news!

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV

He looks a lot like my neighbour who is white, but he has the same sub-human retard face.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Stark

• Getbig V

So the guy was able to take a picture but not to help the guy up ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
also why dont trains slow to say 4mph when in the station? so as to not smoosh people?

some do.  The BART in San Fran almost comes to a complete stop about 100 yards out and crawls to the station.  NY subs fly in like a bat out of hell

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet

WTF are you talking about, that makes a priceless facebook status update with photo proof

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Like someone said in another thread, unless you arenas strong as a getbigger the dude probably would have panicked and pulled him in and both would be dead

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Subways were not made w the idea that ghetto monsters would be shoving people in front of a train. 

Schmoff

• Getbig V
guess the color

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Subways were not made w the idea that ghetto monsters would be shoving people in front of a train. 
you think it's just Ghetto Monsters?

Lets try it again, "Subways were not made with the idea that PEOPLE would be shoving others in front of a train."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
you think it's just Ghetto Monsters?

Lets try it again, "Subways were not made with the idea that PEOPLE would be shoving others in front of a train."

I ride the subways all the time.   You know what - if you got rid of the gangsta filth and wortheless scumbags like this animal - it would be a much nicer ride and not feel like you were in the middle of a jungle.