Author Topic: What's the worst experience you ever had training ??  (Read 10857 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
What's the worst experience you ever had training ??
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
For me it was when i was young and lifting in my basement. I had an assortment of plastic and steel, bench, squat rack and home made lat machine...very basic shit.

So what i wound up doing as i got stronger was use extension cords and hang weights of off the end of the bar because the plastic weights take up so much room. of course there comes the day when I get stuck under the weight and i can't get it up, but with the shit tied to the ends i can't do the the old tilt and dump routine. I'm fucked

To make matters worse, my brothers room was right above me, and he was home...but he was listening to Led Zeppelin's "The song remains the same" which is a live record, so there's no pause between songs where i could yell out for help. Then the best part...a fucking spider comes down on his web from the rafters, lands on my chest and starts crawling around as I'm trying to blow it off of me. I HATE fucking spiders.

I'm flipping out big time, the weight is starting to really hurt and i'm losing strength. Finally the first side of the record ends, i hear footsteps as he goes to flip it over and i scream as loud as i can "HEEEELLLPPP!!!!" . he heard me, came downstairs and was laughing his balls off at me as he got me out of the predicament i was In....that was one fucked up experience.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: What's the worst experience you ever had training ??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
hard to pick out of my various injuries that have occurred in the gym,,,,

but one of the best things ive seen is one of my buds benching 3 plates a side on his own, with no spot ( cos he doesnt need one) , puts the bar back, land one side down and totaly misses the other side.. nearly wiped out some poor little newby standing near by

DerrickRigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
Go outside to vomit during sets of squats.
B

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
i got stuck on (well under) a leg press at 18yrs old with 16 plates on each side doing half reps like a jackass...

lucky that i did not get hurt but i learned my lesson... took folks about 3-4 minutes to realize that i was trapped (i didn't ask for help right away) and the only other people in the gym at the time were old and weak and could barely unload the plates...

the gym owner laughed so hard when he heard the story that he wasn't even mad

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »
The barbell (during benchpress) once slipped, rolled across my palms and almost crushed my balls. (7 years ago)

Luckily it hit right below my stomach/right above the penis instead.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
Was doing dumbell shoulder presses on my own - no spotter. Cleaned the weights to my shoulders only to sit back down on my balls.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
For me it was when i was young and lifting in my basement. I had an assortment of plastic and steel, bench, squat rack and home made lat machine...very basic shit.

So what i wound up doing as i got stronger was use extension cords and hang weights of off the end of the bar because the plastic weights take up so much room. of course there comes the day when I get stuck under the weight and i can't get it up, but with the shit tied to the ends i can't do the the old tilt and dump routine. I'm fucked

To make matters worse, my brothers room was right above me, and he was home...but he was listening to Led Zeppelin's "The song remains the same" which is a live record, so there's no pause between songs where i could yell out for help. Then the best part...a fucking spider comes down on his web from the rafters, lands on my chest and starts crawling around as I'm trying to blow it off of me. I HATE fucking spiders.

I'm flipping out big time, the weight is starting to really hurt and i'm losing strength. Finally the first side of the record ends, i hear footsteps as he goes to flip it over and i scream as loud as i can "HEEEELLLPPP!!!!" . he heard me, came downstairs and was laughing his balls off at me as he got me out of the predicament i was In....that was one fucked up experience.

LMAO!!!  Good story.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
recently, lying lower back stretches,my abs, whole side , cramp up bad style. i mean it fucking hurts like a girl... couldn't get up to save my life  :-[

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
i guess back injuries or being stuck at the bottom of a squat with no spotter or safety bars

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

what an immersive story, I feel like I've just finished reading a great book

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
I keeled over during shoulder pressing at home - it was loud.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
Was doing dumbell shoulder presses on my own - no spotter. Cleaned the weights to my shoulders only to sit back down on my balls.

balls is a funny word

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »
When I accidentally knocked over the tub of chalk I brought with me in gym... chalk everywhere. Very fucking embarrassing.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
at the gym, squatting 4 plates and did one rep to many i think , i was about a 13 or so and i lean in too much going up lost my balance causing the weights to shift , then one plate fell to the ground from the left, then i shifted to the left to balance it , then one plate fell to the right , so on and so on , one weight at a time til i was there holding and empty bar  ;D

No i still dont uses collars or spotters  ;D

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
I tripped over someones water bottle whilst attempting to rack a pair of 110 dumbbells after a set of shrugs.   Ended up falling on one knee and spraining my right ACL.  Some people have a habit of inadvertently placing their water bottles in the pathway of people walking around, and that kind of inattentiveness can cause nasty accidents when you have people carrying around weights.   Partly my fault for not paying full attention of what was in my path, but that shit happens.  

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
at the gym, squatting 4 plates and did one rep to many i think , i was about a 13 or so and i lean in too much going up lost my balance causing the weights to shift , then one plate fell to the ground from the left, then i shifted to the left to balance it , then one plate fell to the right , so on and so on , one weight at a time til i was there holding and empty bar  ;D

No i still dont uses collars or spotters  ;D
strong spine

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
The barbell (during benchpress) once slipped, rolled across my palms and almost crushed my balls. (7 years ago)

Luckily it hit right below my stomach/right above the penis instead.

So, you're a eunuch?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »
So, you're a eunuch?

Luckily it DIDN'T hit the balls :D

It landed right above the penis though so it was hella pain either way, but no life-changing injury, but was VERY close from being one.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »
Was doing DB shoulder presses.

I was young, so I threw around the big weights. Had the 110's in each hand. Kicked them up, did my reps, then went to put them down. But I was tired, and wanted to be a big boss. So I let them drop from shoulder height to the ground.

Which would have made a sweet boom. Except my left toe broke the fall of one of the dumbells.

It was the most excruciating gym pain I've ever had. For some odd reason, the toe did not explode, though it felt like it should have. It just killed the toenail, made it bleed like a stuck pig, etc...

I just sat on the chair, rocked back and forth for a while, and let the tears stream down as I bit my lip. A few minutes later I limped thru the rest of my workout, suffered the longest walk home, and went to bed to try and sleep it off.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »
Luckily it DIDN'T hit the balls :D

It landed right above the penis though so it was hella pain either way, but no life-changing injury, but was VERY close from being one.

penis is not a funny word...

scrotum is a funny word

next time you tell this story, use the word scrotum

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
knocked a bunch of my teeth loose deadlifting, took a couple weeks for them to tighten back up. pooped a little while squatting once.  :D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
knocked a bunch of my teeth loose deadlifting, took a couple weeks for them to tighten back up. pooped a little while squatting once.  :D

Maybe you should have played tennis instead

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
I`ve never been injured or anything like that.  However, one time I was at the gym doing ATG Squats with 350 or so on the bar and one of the metal sleeves where the weights go just fell off and came crashing to the floor with all of the weight.  When that happened the bar popped straight up and the other side came crashing down as well.  Someone could have easily been killed had they been standing right next to either side or seriously injured for life.  It was a scary feeling, especially when you have total control of the weight instantly slip away and there is nothing you can do.

Somebody had to have loosened the sleeve.

Jizzacked

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »
years ago I had a nice home gym, and sometimes would get drunk and start feeling like superman.  One night I was feeling like a pretty tough customer, so I went in and put 315 to start for deadlifts instead of my usual warmup and figured I would rep it out.  felt a weird pop after a couple of reps and had a small bulge on my abdomen which I assume was my intestines poking out.  It didn't hurt, and I just pushed it back in with my finger and decided I had enough  ;D  Had to take it easy for months after to avoid making it worse.  luckily a little time and some GH healed it on it's own, had an MRI a few months later that showed nothing.  I imagine things could have been a lot worse though... haven't drunk lifted since that night

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
The best one I ever saw was in my garage. me and my boy were doing dips off the bench, feet on a chair with a curling bar loaded with weight across our legs.

My buddy for some reason, puts ONE foot down at the end of his set. the bar tips one way, drops the weights off, shoots back up the other way and slams into the side of his head, opens up a gash and knocks him out cold.