Author Topic: GOP continues to try to compromise...  (Read 2556 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
GOP continues to try to compromise...
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/senator-gop-could-accept-tax-hikes-very-rich-174858342--finance.html

" Senate Republicans would probably agree to higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans if it meant getting a chance to overhaul costly government entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, a GOP senator predicted Sunday."

I wonder if the Dems will come to the table and try and fix the situation we are in...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: GOP continues to try to compromise...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »
It would take months of negotiations on each tax cut. You do know how congress works to argue and obstruct dont you?
It will be done in sections and you know it. Theyre gonna fight about everydetail.

But right now the fiscall cliff is a few weeks away and America want the first part done now.  Re-store tax rates on rich. (No One says that is the fix-all, only a small but important part)

Obama was elected on this policy and americans will be angry if the GOP holds the middle class hostage as they are doing...time is ticking away and if we go off the cliff the middleclass will put a shitstorm on the republicans for it.   The cat is out of the bag for how they play and lie....NO MORE.

But here you go.   Heres Obamas spending cuts plan:   Cut or eliminate 200 federal agencies.....Increase military spending.......more of a republican gift i think.

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/15/obamas_37_trillion_budget_calls_for?gclid=CNemkoabjrQCFYxaMgodGHEA3A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/senator-gop-could-accept-tax-hikes-very-rich-174858342--finance.html

" Senate Republicans would probably agree to higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans if it meant getting a chance to overhaul costly government entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, a GOP senator predicted Sunday."

I wonder if the Dems will come to the table and try and fix the situation we are in...

why the fuck would you cut social security? It's quite obvious what spending cuts need to be made and a hugely succesful program is not one. Foreign aid, military etc need dramatic cuts, bring that money home.

Absolutely retarded thread. Reagan disagrees with you by the way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
RIP tea party.   your time of influence has passed.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »
why the fuck would you cut social security? It's quite obvious what spending cuts need to be made and a hugely succesful program is not one. Foreign aid, military etc need dramatic cuts, bring that money home.

I think that cuts need to be made across the board - in some places more than others, to be sure. I don't know that I'd call social security "hugely successful" but I guess that depends on what the metric for success is and that's a topic for another thread. But on the issue of cutting social security, I think it's unrealistic (and, in a sense, unfair) to cut the benefits of current retirees or those that are very close to retirement age. I would not support that, unless it was the only option available.

But social security can still be trimmed down (and it should be). Hell, the move away from paper checks saved about $125,000,000 per year. While that's really a drop in the bucket, this is the sort of spending cut that just makes good sense.

Let me be clear about something: I disagree with the concept of social security: I don't believe it is the job of the Federal Government to provide seniors with retirement income or to "force" them to save throughout their careers by confiscating money from their paychecks. The bottom line is that I think that people should be allowed to make their own decisions. But at the same time I am a pragmatist. Social security isn't going away, for a number of reasons, each of which alone would save it. But that doesn't mean that Social Security shouldn't be trimmed and forced to be as lean as possible, nor do I think that it should be the last thing to be put on a diet.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:33 AM »
Not only do Republicans refuse to accept ANY rate increase, but they demand deep cuts in entitlement programs that they demand the President specify so they can then blame them on him. Someone forgot to tell the Repubs that they lost the election!  LOL!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »
Slamming the barn door shut after all the horses have run out.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
Not only do Republicans refuse to accept ANY rate increase, but they demand deep cuts in entitlement programs that they demand the President specify so they can then blame them on him. Someone forgot to tell the Repubs that they lost the election!  LOL!

+1

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
really b/c many reps have come to the table recently saying they are willing to raise taxes with entitlement reform.

why are the dems and obama dragging their feet on compromise?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
really b/c many reps have come to the table recently saying they are willing to raise taxes with entitlement reform.

why are the dems and obama dragging their feet on compromise?

Its been answered many times here. why should we keep repeating it.....damn.

So all of a sudden we're at the fiscal cliff in 2 weeks and they say "Okay lets do it now".  LMAO.....obstructionists at work!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »
our politicians would be more respected around the world if they let the fiscall cliff hit and the tax increases and spending cuts that go along with it.   Teach Germany a thing or two about austerity

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »

Its been answered many times here. why should we keep repeating it.....damn.

So all of a sudden we're at the fiscal cliff in 2 weeks and they say "Okay lets do it now".  LMAO.....obstructionists at work!!

and the dems all of a sudden 2 weeks before decide that its tax increases or nothing?

what happend there, why do you not call them out?

LMFAO keep buying into the propaganda brainchild, youre the type of person that will be ra ra'ing when they are raising taxes on you...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:45 PM »
and the dems all of a sudden 2 weeks before decide that its tax increases or nothing?

what happend there, why do you not call them out?

LMFAO keep buying into the propaganda brainchild, youre the type of person that will be ra ra'ing when they are raising taxes on you...

They just won an election on raising taxes for the rich and now you are surprised thats what they are trying to do?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »

I wonder if Republicans will come to the table and give the citizenry what they said they wanted with their vote.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 03:37:54 AM »
They just won an election on raising taxes for the rich and now you are surprised thats what they are trying to do?
First the dems platform was deficit reduction through spending cuts and tax increases.

Nice revisionist history though

2nd the reps that won their House seats dont factor into your analysis at all?

nice liberal logic

since when do liberals care what the public wants? certainly wasnt when they were voting on obamacare...LOL

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 03:38:47 AM »
I wonder if Republicans will come to the table and give the citizenry what they said they wanted with their vote.
Dems ran on a platform of spending cuts and tax increases...

Many reps are at the table right now wanting just that, why are obama and the dems dragging their feet?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:59 AM »
RIP tea party.   your time of influence has passed.

i hope they all die screaming... anyone who believes in god should be imprisoned for stupidity

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 05:59:13 AM »
First the dems platform was deficit reduction through spending cuts and tax increases.

Nice revisionist history though

2nd the reps that won their House seats dont factor into your analysis at all?

nice liberal logic

since when do liberals care what the public wants? certainly wasnt when they were voting on obamacare...LOL

If the public really didnt want tax increases + Obamacare they should not have (re)elected Obama.

The dem won plenty of seats as well. Doesnt that factor into your analasis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2012

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 06:19:18 AM »
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:46 AM »

Gop never controlled the senate correct? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:19 AM »

They dont get any worse than McConnell.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 06:31:30 AM »

Expect the spin city robots to arrive any minute now.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 06:32:29 AM »

record number of fillibusters, with a moron fillibustering himself. Ya it's not there fault at all.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:35 AM »
record number of fillibusters, with a moron fillibustering himself. Ya it's not there fault at all.

This!!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »

"Control" is a relative term; sure, there is the Senate majority leader, who is sorta-kinda in control. But there's more to it than that. I could easily argue that anyone who can muster 41 Senators is in effective control of the Senate; similarly, anyone who can muster 61 Senators is also in effective control of the Senate.