Author Topic: tom brady fucking houston texans in the ass!!  (Read 15134 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: tom brady fucking houston texans in the ass!!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »
They aren't lucky, they just have a touch of downs like they're quarterback.  They can surely count to potatoe! The Giants have some of the most impressive superbowl runs in history.  They are famous for backing in to the playoffs, and then becoming road warriors. I won't bet against them. You guys better hope they aren't actually favored in any playoff games.  A team like the Seahawks can beat them.

LOL....whatever, I'm a New York fan and I can appreciate Tom Brady and New England, great QB, great organization....they are consistently amongst the best teams in the league for the last decade.

But they are 0-2 against the Giants in Superbowls, The Giants must be doing something right.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »
I say that out of respect.  The only knock on the Seahwks is that they will probably have to win games in the playoffs (if they make it) on the road.  They are unbeatable (so far) at home this year.  With that being said, the Patriots choked that game. They were up by 10 I believe in the 4th.  This was earlier in the year when I didn't trust the Pats secondary for shit.
Fair enough.

And yeah, we kinda suck on the road.  :-\

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
LOL....whatever, I'm a New York fan and I can appreciate Tom Brady and New England, great QB, great organization....they are consistently amongst the best teams in the league for the last decade.

But they are 0-2 against the Giants in Superbowls, The Giants must be doing something right.
Well I hope we play the Giants in the superbowl again this year.  You know what they say..... third time is a charm  ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »
Well I hope we play the Giants in the supebowl again this year.  You know what they say..... third time is a charm  ;)

Great, if you win you can raise your record to 1-2 against them  :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
That is why just getting to the superbowl is a great accomplishment.  You know why?  I'm scared to play the Broncos and Manning. I'm scared to play the Steelers and Big Ben.  I'm sure it will be a very close game if the Patriots have to go to the Texans for the AFC championship.  That shit ain't going to be easy.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »
Funny is how unimportant Gronkowski is.  They seem to be playing better without him there.  Goes to show you that the Pats can make an average player look like an all star.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
Great, if you win you can raise your record to 1-2 against them  :D
I actually like the Giants (not my favorite team of course) The Giants are my dad's favorite team (raised in Ithaca NY) So it was a house divided for those two superbowls. Normally, we root for eachothers team.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2012, 04:49:47 PM »
i believe the Patriots havent drafted a first or 2nd round player in many years

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
Ummm, lots of first and 2nd rounders

1st Round (Pick 21) Chandler Jones (DE, Syracuse)
 1st Round (Pick 25) Dont’a Hightower (LB, Alabama)
 2nd Round (Pick 48) Tavon Wilson (S, Illinois)

1st Round – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
 2nd Round – Ras-I Dowling, DB, Virginia
 2nd Round – Shane Vereen, RB, Cal

1 Devin McCourty Rutgers 
2 Rob Gronkowski Arizona 
2 Jermaine Cunningham Florida 
2 Brandon Spikes Florida

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
Funny is how unimportant Gronkowski is.  They seem to be playing better without him there.  Goes to show you that the Pats can make an average player look like an all star.
No way man.  Gronk is the best TE in football right now.  It helps that we also have Hernandez which easily is in the top 10 for TE.  We just need to get them both back at the same time.  People need to realise how good a quarterback Tom Brady is.  He is not just a system quarterback (Alex Smith is a system quarterback).  He is arguably, the best qb of all time.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »
I'll give you running the running threat.  Far more weapons?  Remember, the had Moss who was playing out of his mind (20 td's) Brady was also an all-time great that year 50 Td's to 8 int's.  I don't think anyone will break that ratio ever again. The Pats let the pressure get to them in the end that year.  They had the  "best team ever" "perfect season" riding on that superbowl.  It was eerily similar to the Patriots win against "the greatest show on turf" Rams in 2001.  Nobody gave the Pats a chance in that game.

Moss was tight that season and they had Wes Welker between the numbers, but who were the tight ends?  Remember, their #3 WR spot was shared by Jabar Gafney and Scrubadub Stallworth. They had NO running attack then.  Being 1-dimensional on offense allowed the Giants' to completely disregard the run.  Here's the box score:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=280203017

Patriots: 48 pass attempts, 16 runs

Giants: 34 passes, 26 runs

Now with Gronk, Hernandez, and Ridley, this team is going to dominate the East for the next several years.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:18 PM »
Ummm, lots of first and 2nd rounders

1st Round (Pick 21) Chandler Jones (DE, Syracuse)
 1st Round (Pick 25) Dont’a Hightower (LB, Alabama)
 2nd Round (Pick 48) Tavon Wilson (S, Illinois)

1st Round – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
 2nd Round – Ras-I Dowling, DB, Virginia
 2nd Round – Shane Vereen, RB, Cal

1 Devin McCourty Rutgers 
2 Rob Gronkowski Arizona 
2 Jermaine Cunningham Florida 
2 Brandon Spikes Florida

And that is why Belichick is so good.  He stockpiled all of those draft picks for years, and he has finally started to use them the last few drafts. 90% of those guys you listed are making major contributions to this years team.  He is the best coach I have ever seen.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Moss was tight that season and they had Wes Welker between the numbers, but who were the tight ends?  Remember, their #3 WR spot was shared by Jabar Gafney and Scrubadub Stallworth. They had NO running attack then.  Being 1-dimensional on offense allowed the Giants' to completely disregard the run.  Here's the box score:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=280203017

Patriots: 48 pass attempts, 16 runs

Giants: 34 passes, 26 runs

Now with Gronk, Hernandez, and Ridley, this team is going to dominate the East for the next several years.

Lol. When have we not dominated?  The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets are shit organizations.  Rex should have let Tebow start by now.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
Lol. When have we not dominated?  The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets are shit organizations.  Rex should have let Tebow start by now.

You're right and maybe my words came out wrong, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Brady is 35yo now.  He's in great shape, but this is about the point when we'd expect to start seeing a decline in production, however because of a terrific O-line and the aforementioned players, his effectiveness is going to be extended. 

I should have added that they will be SB contenders for at least another 3-4 years, even as Brady begins to approach age 40.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
You're right and maybe my words came out wrong, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Brady is 35yo now.  He's in great shape, but this is about the point when we'd expect to start seeing a decline in production, however because of a terrific O-line and the aforementioned players, his effectiveness is going to be extended. 

I should have added that they will be SB contenders for at least another 3-4 years, even as Brady begins to approach age 40.

Oh I agree Tre. I am fearing the day that Brady retires , and Belichick steps down. We will probably never have the same level of success again. Just look at the Cowboys for an example.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »
Oh I agree Tre. I am fearing the day that Brady retires , and Belichick steps down. We will probably never have the same level of success again. Just look at the Cowboys for an example.

Fortunately, the rest of the AFC East will still be the same, so the Patriots will be able to dominate by default.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »
Fortunately, the rest of the AFC East will still be the same, so the Patriots will be able to dominate by default.

The Jets try, they just hire and draft the wrong people..over and over and over and over and over and over  :P

Also be fair, it wasn't too long ago the Jets went to two AFC title games back to back. but they never broke through to be a great team, because their Quarterback can't make things happen in the face of everything falling to shit around him.

Brady can do it, Rothlesburger can do it, the Mannings can do it, Brees can do it, Rogers can....Sanchez, not a chance.

picked the wrong guy. as usual.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
. 8)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
but they didn't win em.  They got to the big stage and choked.  What happens when they lose in the SB this year, and he's .500 in super bowls?

Choking in a Superbowl is not showing up and getting blown away by the awe of it. Pats have been in every single game right down to the wire in the Super bowls. And when it comes to the SB, its anyone's game. It's a coin flip. The fact that Pats continuously put themselves in position to be one the teams to compete for the title is basically unheard of. When the Brady Belichick era is over, they will go down as the greatest coach QB combo to ever play the game. We're talking about a decade and then some of being dominate. And they aren't slowing down. They may not have the greatest win lose record in the SB's. But they bring the word dynasty to a whole new level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »
Choking in a Superbowl is not showing up and getting blown away by the awe of it. Pats have been in every single game right down to the wire in the Super bowls. And when it comes to the SB, its anyone's game. It's a coin flip. The fact that Pats continuously put themselves in position to be one the teams to compete for the title is basically unheard of. When the Brady Belichick era is over, they will go down as the greatest coach QB combo to ever play the game. We're talking about a decade and then some of being dominate. And they aren't slowing down. They may not have the greatest win lose record in the SB's. But they bring the word dynasty to a whole new level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots

Almost as good as the 49ers between 81 and 94.

ALMOST.

I agree that NE is always in it and that's 100 percent Bellicheck.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:41 AM »

True but the cowboys play in the toughest division as the division leader and winner of the SB was 10-6 in 07 and 9-7 last  ;D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 01:48:02 AM »
Almost as good as the 49ers between 81 and 94.

ALMOST.

I agree that NE is always in it and that's 100 percent Bellicheck.

Cowboys 92-95, 3 titles and should have been 4 in a row lol

I'm a niners fan but those cowboys would always beat the niners 3-1 in the 90's and Favre would always get raped by them too  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »
I'm tired of that shit. Even Bill Parcells admitted tha almost every team breaks the rules to gain an advantage.  The Pats just got caught.

I only bring up this stuff when I'm dealing with complete dipshits who say the Giants won the game because of the refs. You know I'm not hating and, truthfully, I find myself defending Brady here more often than I want to.

But, it's still a true statement, no matter what lens or angle you try to view it at is.   What is fact, is that the Patriots videotaped the other teams' plays, got caught, the NFL felt strong enough about it to fine Bellicek an insane amount of money, and they haven't won since.  It is what it is at this point, and is a part of their history.
Y

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »
Great, if you win you can raise your record to 1-2 against them  :D

Haha. If that happens every asshole from Mass. will spend the next 10 years acting like the Pats went 3-0 against the G-Men.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2012, 06:08:40 AM »
True but the cowboys play in the toughest division as the division leader and winner of the SB was 10-6 in 07 and 9-7 last  ;D

This. Right now the AFC is weak and has been so for the past five years (a 12-4 Pittsburgh struggled to beat a 9-7 Cardinals if I recall for the last AFC SB winner). The NFC seems to be back on top. Problem is NFC teams are kicking the shit out of each other and whoever comes on top might not be healthy enough to stop a healthy AFC champion. I'd bet my money on the Pats right now but they're dominating a very weak division and conference. Peyton Manning is great but to see where the Broncos stand for just that one change in a year compared to the struggling team they were in 2011 should be enough for everyone to see how bad the AFC is.